No announcement yet.

Will having a VARiety of threads work? - televised football 10-12 Aug 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching MotD. Teemu Pukki seems like a lovely guy.

I'm not sure that the lighting on the new set is doing the lads any favours. It's aged Lineker by about 10 years and made Shearer and Murphy, with their hairless pates, look uglier than ever.

Comment

And what a gorgeous goal by Douglas Luiz for Villa.

Comment

Yellow card for NS. Wrong thread, we're having a new one every week now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          Watching MotD. Teemu Pukki seems like a lovely guy.
          I've never seen anything so far to suggest otherwise. He's a bit of a model professional - never appears to dive, rarely gets booked, doesn't get involved in backchat, and generally seems very humble. Whether that changes over time in the Premier League is another matter, but I get the impression he's a bit amazed and bewildered by it all.

Which begs the question, where the hell has he been until last summer? But then there's a few Norwich players whose careers have been reignited by the current coaching regime, so he's not alone.

Comment

Are we having new TV threads even week hobbes ?

Anyway, Leicester's pink and black kit has made me think of licorice allsorts.

Comment

Tim Cahill has a very stilted delivery.

With pauses.

Long pauses.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post

I've never seen anything so far to suggest otherwise. He's a bit of a model professional - never appears to dive, rarely gets booked, doesn't get involved in backchat, and generally seems very humble. Whether that changes over time in the Premier League is another matter, but I get the impression he's a bit amazed and bewildered by it all.

Which begs the question, where the hell has he been until last summer? But then there's a few Norwich players whose careers have been reignited by the current coaching regime, so he's not alone.
                He was a massive flop at Celtic a few years back.

Comment

Fucking hell, Cahill, are you stoned or something? Finish a sentence without pausing.

Comment

Oh God, he's just appealed to "common sense".

Comment

I'm sure I was told there would be a new armchair thread each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar Rodriguez
                        1-1 draw at home to Leicester and the Foxes far and away the better side in the second half. I suppose that is to be expected to some degree given the 120 minutes on Weds.

FWIW I think Lampard got his subs wrong today, bringing Abraham on at the 60th minute when Leicester were in the ascendancy, would have been better to have left Giroud on and have brought on someone to shore up the midfield. So far this season Chelsea look vulnerable on the counter attack every time they cough up possession.

It was a slightly odd game. Chelsea came flying out of the blocks, were all over Leicester in the first 20-25 minutes, paused for a bit of a breather and were on the back foot thereafter. But Leicester were very good and their athleticism astonishing. I can't remember seeing a side press for so long and so hard against us. Right to the end of the game.

As for the substitutions, you might be right. Leicester's defensive line was very high so perhaps Lampard thought that Tammy would best exploit it. But keeping Pedro on when he had run himself into the ground, and picked up a knock, was odd.

I thought we needed more muscle in midfield. We were getting knocked off of the ball too much. Loftus-Cheek's return will help in that regard. And Azpilicueta isn't looking anything like the player he was. I don't think that they rate Zappacosta but they might look at James.

Comment

How far is george mc Eachran from the first team?

Wolves are a right bunch of bastards to play against. They're extremely disciplined, and very difficult to pry open. Man utd managed a couple of times, but not very often. Jesse lingard needed to do a lot better with that chance and obviously Pogba should have taken a better penalty. But Those two goals were beautiful in two very different ways.

They seem to have had some kind of melt down because man utd leave it up to rashford and pogba to decide between them who takes penalties. last week rashford won the penalty and pogba let him take it. This week Pogba pulled the penalty out of his arse with a brilliant piece of play. So He was going to take the penalty. The thing is, that man utd not having a set penalty taker had the square root of fuck all to do with pogba missing, because paul pogba was the designated penalty taker last season and took 10 in the league, scored seven and missed three. The first time I ever saw paul pogba play for any extended length of time, he got sent off taking a penalty. He is well able to miss a penalty.

This is one of these things that annoy me. Had Paul pogba scored that penalty it would have been Paul pogba, who scored seven penalties last season with no reference to the three he missed. But he missed so they talk about the three he missed as though paul pogba taking a penalty was on a par with Phil Jones muscling his way in on the action. Both of these are wrong. But the thing that is weirdest about the whole thing, is that the problem seems to arise because pogba missed the penalty. If Man utd had a set penalty taker, it would still have been pogba. and it would be reasonable to expect a 30% chance of him not scoring based on last season.

The whole thing is incredibly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            How far is george mc Eachran from the first team?
                            Quite some way, I think. He's made the bench once or twice but I don't see him getting much of a chance until he's been out on loan for a couple of years.

Of all the Chelsea youth team players I've seen in the last 10 years, the ones who stood out were Mount and Hudson-Odoi with Swift, now at Reading, not far behind. Even a football duffer like me could see their quality. McEachran hasn't really caught my eye but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                            X