No announcement yet.

Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Gigg Lane had a visit from the Prime Minister today to launch a new football strategy. Did you meet him Giggler?

Comment

Just when you think Bury fans haven't suffered enough they get a visit from the blonde poison who ruins everything he touches.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
        I see Gigg Lane had a visit from the Prime Minister today to launch a new football strategy. Did you meet him Giggler?
        No, today’s visit wasn’t for the benefit of people like me who enjoy going to AFC games.

Comment

Was it anything to do with the Est. 1885 lot or divorced from either group?

Comment

It’ll have been Est 1885 who got him down there, yes. They’re very close to the constituency’s Conservative MP.

Comment

Well, that rather confirms them as the Bad Bury then.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                It’ll have been Est 1885 who got him down there, yes. They’re very close to the constituency’s Conservative MP.
                The red one or the blue one?

Comment

Are either group aligned with Bury FC women, who I see played at Gigg Lane yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Gas In Name Only View Post

The red one or the blue one?
                    Gigg Lane is in Bury North, the most marginal constituency in England that went blue from red in 2019 (and red from blue in 2017).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Are either group aligned with Bury FC women, who I see played at Gigg Lane yesterday?
                      AFC have their own successful women’s teams.

Comment

Next month there’s a charity game being held at Gigg with the intention of raising funds for the Bury FC Supporters Society (formerly Forever Bury) and Lenny Johnrose’s Motor Neurone Disease charity.

Just in case you were wondering about the split in the fanbase, this appeared in the Bury Times comments section yesterday in relation to any fans who had enjoyed the AFC experience going to the game.

Comment

That fulfils one of those "Tell me you're a cunt without saying 'I'm a cunt!'" challenges.

Comment

Great to see everyone pulling together

Comment

Shsne on you!

Comment

Fascinating choice of nom de plume the writer of that particular screed went with. I doubt there's anyone under the age of fifty who can remember Reginald Molehusband that well.

He was a character in a 1960s public information film about bad parking, and his name briefly became slang for any bad driver, particularly anyone taking a long time to do something simple properly. The actual original film doesn't even exist any more, and hasn't for years.

To be honest, the newspaper shouldn't really be allowing that to stay up. Has it been taken down yet?

Comment

Saw this the other day:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Any idea which way the vote is likely to go Giggler

Comment

At the moment I really don’t know. There seems to be enough on the BFCSS side who are saying vote no and they can go it alone. AFC’s board are saying vote yes.

Comment

Fingers crossed. When does the vote finish?

Comment

It’s not even started yet. Three years on Saturday since we were chucked out and still it rumbles on.

Comment

So here we are.

FA Cup: Girl, 12, and footballer injured by flares thrown at match https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-62786737

(the glares were thrown from outside the ground by anti-AFCers).

Comment

Heard and read a lot about that, this weekend. Awful. Is it likely that many AFC supporters will vote No to the merger too, now? If I was part of a group who have achieved what AFC have in such a short time, I'm not sure I'd want to 'hand it over' to groups that included some of these aggressors.

Comment

The board are (probably politically) pushing a yes vote. It’s making me jittery for the reasons you describe.

Comment

So is the choice either go it alone and never get higher than, say, National League North (where Darlington are stuck) or get swallowed up by a newcomer that will inevitably steal your identity because it has the ground, the council backing and various investors you can't match?

The one bit of light I see in the Guardian piece is that there would be the opportunity to vote; some form of democracy and accountability in the club that would be a safeguard against shit decisions.

Comment

If AFC on their own plateaued at NLN, I’d be delighted. In my worst nightmares that was where the original club wound up, a la Stockport. This is where there’s a fundamental division between fans who think like that and those who were gobsmacked that Bury (original) weren’t just handed a place in the National League structure (or in one or two cases, the EFL) for the start of 22/23.

the ground is the sticking point. It’ll attract a lot of floating fans but income projections are based on it being hired out. It’ll be a quagmire by November. Plus of course losing the 100% fan owned entity. Its purchase was to my mind very short-sighted.

Comment

Stewart Day was the chairman with whom 98% of this rests. He's been declared bankrupt.

On the day the results of the merger vote is announced, Steve Dale's role as a director at the club (under its new name, as part of the complicated Est 1885/ground purchase stuff) has been terminated.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X