X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that's a good thing.

Comment

It seems to be the rump non-AFC faction AFAICT

We are pleased to announce that an association of Bury Supporters Groups and Bury-supporting Benefactors have today signed a “Head of Terms” agreement for exclusivity to buy Bury F.C. (all memorabilia and intellectual property including trademarks) and the Gigg Lane stadium. The process to completion is expected to take up to 2 months, which is standard for this kind of transaction.

During the due-diligence process, we will formalise our previously-stated intention for the club and ground to be held by an organisation that is and will always be majority fan-owned, democratic and debt free. It will also be a platform for capital influx to Bury, and the current bid includes funds from overseas and a pending application from the UK Government..

We were happy to see that the Bury Council-sponsored Site Options Appraisal Report showed that the Gigg Lane site had merit for football in Bury, and would be suitable for improvements in a phased approach over time. We believe we can achieve much of what is needed in the short to medium term with grants, donations and volunteers, again keeping the club debt-free and enabling funds to be funneled-back into the team. This would also allow us to make Gigg Lane a multi-use community asset that we can all be proud of, and hopefully a platform for unification of all football in Bury.

This agreement also allows us to begin the process of working with the FA on re-insertion of Bury F.C. into the footballing pyramid for the 2022/23 season.

There will be many questions and there are only limited answers for now. Please relate all enquiries to est.1885@outlook.com
      Statement source: https://www.est1885.co.uk/latest-news/statement-2

Comment

That's the original club and not the AFC then?

Comment

Looks good on the surface. Hopefully it’s all the good guys n gals involved.
          Ive never been to Gigg Lane. I’ll make an extra effort next time we play them.

Comment

Yeah I'll wait and see.

Comment

Obvious question is: where's the money coming from and why are they being so coy about it? 'Funds from overseas' isn't exactly the level of transparency I'd be expecting from a supporters trust.
              ​​​​​​
              And what efforts are they going to make to bring the Bury AFC fans back on board? What happens to that club now?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                It seems to be the rump non-AFC faction AFAICT
                There's a Bury FC, a Bury AFC and a Bury AFAICT now? I can't keep up.

Comment

I checked and Est1885 is the name of the group of fans that didn't agree with forming AFC Bury.

Comment

We need to wait and see when/where they get placed in the pyramid and then how each variant fares. Clearly the town can't sustain three clubs at the steps that get into the FA Cup so at least one would sink to Sunday morning park level.

It's like the political factions in The Life of Brian.

Comment

I don't think there are 3 clubs. There's AFC Bury and then the Est1885 group who are trying to buy the current assets of Bury FC.

For the benefit of Grampa Ray AFAICT was me saying "as far as I can tell" because at that point I hadn't checked with Giggler who the Est1885 were. So as far as I could tell they were the fans who stuck with the idea of buying out the current owners of Bury FC.

Comment

Just a sardonic comedy callback to the initialism based confusion upthread.

Comment

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/196...al-bury-clubs/

Potential new guy makes his money via Israeli US cyber security. Small beer after the Saudi Geordie takeover but adds a bitter taste to what should be a good news story.

Comment

Administration extended by 18 months. For the love of all that's holy, it's still rumbling on.

Comment

Any thoughts on today's news, Giggler ?

https://twitter.com/JamesDalyMP/status/1474003433334136840?s=20

Comment

Not sure how to feel to be honest. Still feels like a lot of hurdles to overcome for whatever result.

That said, on a broader note, the Tory government has imposed cuts to the bone on services in Bury since 2010. For a million quid to be found to placate maybe 2000 people, when children's services were savaged by Ofsted recently, doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

Fair dos.

Dispensing bits of largesse here and there while starving services of the cash needed to run them properly definitely isn't right. It's not the million for this that causes the the problem, of course, but those sods deserve no credit.

Comment

If you could guarantee that this money would go to other good services in Bury, then you'd be right to object. Otherwise you should celebrate this piece of good news ,while still campaigning against the c*nts.

Comment

Incredibly long piece on Bury here. Seems worth reading though I'm less than a quarter of the way through so far (Giggler's book has been namechecked already though)

https://medium.com/@peterajtaylor/th...n-60af3f8d973f

Comment

?

https://twitter.com/1885_est/status/1494743035376197633?s=21

Comment

Scrolling further down that a/c, appears to be the Forever Bury chancers.

Comment

I've not been following it forensically but the last updates I read seemed to suggest that they were trying to bring the two fan groups together. Would be interested in Giggler's more informed take on the latest position.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                              Scrolling further down that a/c, appears to be the Forever Bury chancers.
                                              It certainly is but, as TRL alludes to, that tweet and their recent timeline hints at a rapprochement with Bury AFC. Would like to hear their side of it though.

Comment

Me too. My pure speculation would be that neither side would have had a viable future going it alone. AFC didn't get the ground; the chancers did, and that changed all the calculations.

Comment

So Giggler are you OK?

Comment

I am OK! Fine and dandy, even. CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X