No announcement yet.

Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the Bury thing on telly, I've never been proud of Rotherham fans before, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
      Watching the Bury thing on telly, I've never been proud of Rotherham fans before, but...
      They were brilliant that day. Debbie the landlady looked really emotional as she talked about them.

Comment

How is the new club getting along in its league?

Comment

Second currently, but a very fragmented table.

Comment

Season curtailed. Ah well, we go again, as they say.

I’ve been interviewing former Bury players on Zoom recently, for the AFC website. The Lee Bracey and David Pugh ones were well received but the reactions to the Winston White and 82-year-old Tony Bartley interviews were terrific.

BT Sport will be showing a programme called Ours at 10.30pm this coming Tuesday, about fan-owned clubs. I’m the Bury fan in it, if you have the desire to see inside my house and me supposedly getting ready to go to a game and walking through Bury town centre.

Comment

I see that Gigg Lane has been targeted by vandals. Is it all sorted or are the attacks continuing?

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                BT Sport will be showing a programme called Ours at 10.30pm this coming Tuesday, about fan-owned clubs. I’m the Bury fan in it, if you have the desire to see inside my house and me supposedly getting ready to go to a game and walking through Bury town centre.
                I was asked to do "at home" stuff a few times, and always said no. There was a line. Much good it did me, domestically, mind.

Comment

Season curtailed. Ah well, we go again, as they say.

I’ve been interviewing former Bury players on Zoom recently, for the AFC website. The Lee Bracey and David Pugh ones were well received but the reactions to the Winston White and 82-year-old Tony Bartley interviews were terrific.

It depends, what are your curtains like?

Comment

Slightly off topic Giggler, but have you been following the fortunes of your former player Callum Styles at all?

He's at Barnsley and looks like he could have a quality career - especially he he can find a bit more pace from somewhere. He's going by the nickname The Bury Baggio at the moment too.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                      Slightly off topic Giggler, but have you been following the fortunes of your former player Callum Styles at all?

He's at Barnsley and looks like he could have a quality career - especially he he can find a bit more pace from somewhere. He's going by the nickname The Bury Baggio at the moment too.
                      Yeah, we follow his progress quite closely. Delighted to see he's doing so well.

Paul S it's tremendously upsetting to see the ground in that kind of state. I only imagine it'll get worse. Just before he bailed out on the club like the coward he is, Stewart Day demolished a wall built in 1924 which divided the car park from Gigg Lane itself, leaving the car park totally empty. I'm amazed, frankly, that travellers haven't set up there.

The trailer for the BT Sport programme appeared on Twitter today. That's me looking mournful.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1364983760870125574

Comment

The trailer for the BT Sport programme appeared on Twitter today. That's me looking mournful.

'Not available in your area'... it's a trailer FFS...

Comment

Yeah, we follow his progress quite closely. Delighted to see he's doing so well.

Paul S it's tremendously upsetting to see the ground in that kind of state. I only imagine it'll get worse. Just before he bailed out on the club like the coward he is, Stewart Day demolished a wall built in 1924 which divided the car park from Gigg Lane itself, leaving the car park totally empty. I'm amazed, frankly, that travellers haven't set up there.

Why on earth do Hashtag fucking United appear in that trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Why on earth do Hashtag fucking United appear in that trailer?
                            My guess
                            "We have all been forced into a different sort of fandom by the pandemic. But some were doing that already"
                            cue interview with the people pictured

Comment

Giggler reminds me of Simon Armitage, I hope he doesn't find that insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Giggler reminds me of Simon Armitage, I hope he doesn't find that insulting.
                                That’s possibly one of the greatest compliments I’ve ever received.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                  My guess
                                  "We have all been forced into a different sort of fandom by the pandemic. But some were doing that already"
                                  cue interview with the people pictured
                                  "Look at these vile wankers" would have been more apt.

Comment

That’s possibly one of the greatest compliments I’ve ever received.
                                    Oh good, I enjoyed your section of the show too. Best part of it so far.

Comment

Bury's getting a bit of exposure in the Norwegian paper Aftenposten. On this day in 1903 they won the FA Cup.

Comment

The Norwegian supporters club are a great bunch of lads. They used to love coming over.

Comment

As I'm sure Giggler is already aware, whilst that Bury side's record Cup Final winning margin may now have been matched, they remain the only team in the competition's history to win it without conceding a goal. That record will definitely hold for another year as Luton scored against Chelsea in Round 4, and Brentford and Manchester United did so against Leicester in Rounds 4 and 6 respectively.

Comment

​​
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-04-2021, 23:37.

Comment

Comment

Primrose Day (which was actually the day after the 1903 final was played) was a day commemorating the anniversary of Disraeli's death (April 19th), the primrose having been his favourite flower.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  ​​
                                                  This is absolutely fascinating, thank you.

Comment

Proper positions I notice.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X