No announcement yet.

Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's starting to sound like Sam Hammam, which is very worrying. Especially as I recently realised Hammam is the person Trump most puts me in mind of.

Comment

It may be mentioned earlier in the thread, but there's a ten-part BBC Sounds docu-series about the Bury situation with the first three episodes now available.

Comment

So new Bury win their first game. Did you go Giggler ? A friend of mine was there.

Comment

Pleased for you Giggler.

Comment

Made up for Bury AFC fans today - stoppage time winner too!

Comment

I put some thoughts together on this afternoon over on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/...305632256?s=21

Comment

Lovely. I really hope that it works out.

Comment

I'm absolutely overjoyed to read this (tweet 7):

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/1312460183847673856

A few tears here. That might seem daft. But I'm so, so pleased for you.
                  Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 03-10-2020, 21:35.

Comment

Amen to that, at the end of the day we want to watch football, but meeting up with the same faces ( and welcoming new ones) ,and being a community is what going to football is really about.

Comment

How did they get over 300 in?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                        I'm absolutely overjoyed to read this (tweet 7):

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/1312460183847673856

A few tears here. That might seem daft. But I'm so, so pleased for you.
                        Thanks man. What was most important to me was seeing my dad enjoy football more than I think I’d seen him enjoy it in years, probably since the 2011 promotion. 2015’s promotion was sullied by the nagging realisation of what Stewart Day was doing to the club and 2019’s came in the middle the strife that resulted in expulsion. Yesterday was just about the shared experiences of everyone who came together for the game, in the 10th tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
                          How did they get over 300 in?
                          They didn’t, ticketing was restricted to 300.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post

Thanks man. What was most important to me was seeing my dad enjoy football more than I think I'd seen him enjoy it in years, probably since the 2011 promotion. 2015's promotion was sullied by the nagging realisation of what Stewart Day was doing to the club and 2019's came in the middle the strife that resulted in expulsion. Yesterday was just about the shared experiences of everyone who came together for the game, in the 10th tier.
                            And you got to share that with your dad, which is a beautiful thing. For both of you, I'm sure. Making new Bury football memories to sit on top of the old Bury football memories.

At Wimbledon, many of us (me included) militantly insist we are the same club that was originally formed in 1889. That still feels important to us, now. But I wonder if in 100 years it will be any kind of issue for anyone, one way or the other.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about going with your dad. I took mine to the first game at the new Enfield ground in 2011 - I spent five years of my childhood a ten minute walk away - and the look of delight on his face all afternoon is something I'll treasure for the rest of my life.

Comment

They didn’t, ticketing was restricted to 300.
                                Blame the NW Counties website, I also read the 326 on there and it didn't even click with me that the capacity should be 300.

Comment

Great stuff, Giggler and I'd be inclined to agree with what Ton Ton said. Forget the FC or AFC question, if it felt to you, to your dad and to anyone else there that it was Bury goals and a Bury victory you were celebrating then I see see no reason to draw any other conclusion than that's exactly what it was.

Comment

You may see on your own club’s message board a link to a GoFundMe set up by Forever Bury, the Bury FC (Not AFC) supporters society.

I’m not going to tell you and fellow fans of your club not to donate to this highly emotive cause if you’d like to. But I’d urge you to think very carefully before you do, and do plenty of research on the aims, intentions and means of what’s being asked.

Comment

Bit of a lump in the throat at a few points in this. Well worth 50 minutes of your time.

Bury: Bringing Football Back, Bury: Bringing Football Back: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08sw2w0 via @bbciplayer

Comment

I saw that trailed on the BBC website today and wondered if you'd recommend it. I shall watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post

Blame the NW Counties website, I also read the 326 on there and it didn't even click with me that the capacity should be 300.
                                          Already money laundering through gate receipts...

Comment

You may see on your own club’s message board a link to a GoFundMe set up by Forever Bury, the Bury FC (Not AFC) supporters society.

I’m not going to tell you and fellow fans of your club not to donate to this highly emotive cause if you’d like to. But I’d urge you to think very carefully before you do, and do plenty of research on the aims, intentions and means of what’s being asked.
                                            I've only very occasionally dipped into 'that' thread, I'm not a great fan of the gloating but, Jesus! There are times one could almost believe that Steve Dale and Forever Bury exist solely for the amusement of Rochdale fans. That statement of Forever Bury's is almost ludicrous enough to have been written by Dale himself, minus the caps lock and the references to Last Night of the Proms of course. "We are now close to fulfilling the dreams of our fans" How close is ?800 or however much they've raised so far to the ?2.5 million they need just for starters? It's beyond delusional and while I know nothing of the politics and the personalities involved I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who in good faith has nailed themselves to Forever Bury's mast.

And meanwhile where sanity prevails AFC's season continues at home to Darwen tomorrow. Will you be there?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Already money laundering through gate receipts...
                                              Not that I'd wish to quash these rumours but I wonder if this comes down to the counting of children. I bought the tickets for the group I went to West Didsbury & Chorlton with last weekend. Our group included children who got in for free and who there was no way of me registering on the online booking system. The crowd was given as 300 on the day but that figure will have been short by at least a couple of dozen kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post

I've only very occasionally dipped into 'that' thread, I'm not a great fan of the gloating but, Jesus! There are times one could almost believe that Steve Dale and Forever Bury exist solely for the amusement of Rochdale fans. That statement of Forever Bury's is almost ludicrous enough to have been written by Dale himself, minus the caps lock and the references to Last Night of the Proms of course. "We are now close to fulfilling the dreams of our fans" How close is ?800 or however much they've raised so far to the ?2.5 million they need just for starters? It's beyond delusional and while I know nothing of the politics and the personalities involved I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who in good faith has nailed themselves to Forever Bury's mast.

And meanwhile where sanity prevails AFC's season continues at home to Darwen tomorrow. Will you be there?
                                                I will. I've accepted that the Bury Football Club I used to go and watch is dead and have pinned my colours to the mast. I went to Bury's (as TonTon referred to us and as you agreed with) game against Steeton and it was the natural continuation. My dad and will be there providing Darwen can be too.

Comment

Bit of a lump in the throat at a few points in this. Well worth 50 minutes of your time.

Bury: Bringing Football Back, Bury: Bringing Football Back: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08sw2w0 via @bbciplayer
                                                  Watched this last night. Highly recommended.

Comment

I recorded a podcast with Sachin Nakrani a few weeks ago and it was published yesterday </self promotion> - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000497666244

Comment

Working...
                                                    X