Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
    I'll be on Danny Kelly's show on TalkSport tonight at about 8.45, talking about the effect of the expulsion on the fans. </self promotion>
    Contains opinions, from 19m 20s

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-a...00/1597260600/

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post

Which is the problem Southend have. SUFC have been run terribly over the last 20 years or so but are kept afloat by our chairman and his desire for a large scale property development on Roots Hall
      Ditto York City. We have a pretty eye-watering debt to our chairman's other business now. We really should have been moving to the new stadium with a decent war chest from the sale of Bootham Crescent to use to really kick on in terms of on-field matters. But instead, the combination of the farcical construction project at the new place and the astonishingly bad running of the football club in recent years mean that there's a strong suspicion the sale of BC won't now even generate enough to pay the chairman's loans back, so we'll be limping over to the new place with the team stuck in the sixth tier and with barely a tea cup, never mind a war chest, to do anything about it.

Comment

FWIW I thought you expressed yourself very well there, Giggler

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

AFC Bury won their first ever game this evening 5-0 at Daisy Hill. 150 lucky souls had tickets. Was our resident Shaker one of them?

Comment

I wasn't. I've signed up for AFC membership, I'm sponsoring the number 9 (whoever that might be) and I'm on the heritage committee which has been established to keep memories of the original club alive. And yet, I can't quite be as evangelical about it as some - including some very good friends of mine - are. I had 31 years of Bury and the last 12 months have battered my head as the squabbling and in-fighting continues. I'll buy a season ticket but more for the social aspect for the time being. It may yet grab me in the way the original club did, it may not.

Comment

You may find you don't go back to watching Bury in the way you used to. Found other things to do, new friends, hobbies, interests etc. Thirty one years is a long time to support a club like that and things are different now.

Comment

I wasn't. I've signed up for AFC membership, I'm sponsoring the number 9 (whoever that might be) and I'm on the heritage committee which has been established to keep memories of the original club alive. And yet, I can't quite be as evangelical about it as some - including some very good friends of mine - are. I had 31 years of Bury and the last 12 months have battered my head as the squabbling and in-fighting continues. I'll buy a season ticket but more for the social aspect for the time being. It may yet grab me in the way the original club did, it may not.
                  Aye, I can see that. There's bound to be some indifference and some who are mad keen. I am surprised though at that small few who are vocally opposed to AFC. Surely their formation gives a greater chance to Bury FC still existing in the future, rather than doing nowt and just witnessing a slow death?

Best case scenario, however unlikely, would appear to be the phoenix team doing their thing and then melting back into the original club and returning to Gigg, once Dale and all the baggage has gone. I wish you the best of luck pal.

Comment

What I said about my head being battered isn't helped by stuff like this:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest...t/club-update/

Comment

Crikey.

Comment

Jesus. Where to begin with that?

Comment

Reads like one of my Facebook updates, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                            Jesus. Where to begin with that?
                            F7?

Comment

That's... something. It only really needs them to add "all lives matter" at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                That's... something. It only really needs them to add "all lives matter" at the bottom.
                                Something about 5G and Bill Gates

Comment

That’s a piece of art.

Comment

Has he taken the worst of David Icke and Nigel Farage and fed them into a random sentence generator?

Comment

Huge “and then the assailant turned the gun on himself to avoid capture” energy to that statement.

Comment

A fit an proper person to own and control a football club there.

Comment

Very well said.

(I thought the Rochdale bloke came across well too)

Comment

If it's any guide, our first season "back" with 1883 in the NPL was superb.

As I've said, we were made more than welcome everywhere we played by club and supporters alike, with one notable exception, and particularly great thanks due to our hosts at Bishop.

Hope you have a similar experience.
                                            ​​​​

Comment

But Voltaire, Giggler, Voltaire.

Comment

Yes, I can see that. The toxicity leaks out of every sentence. You can tell whoever wrote that has never genuinely owned any mistakes they made.

Comment

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest...tember-update/

He's at it again (Dale, I assume). At least he's backed off from the Beeb this time but it seems like the Phoenix club have rattled his cage.

Comment

Disappointing one, that. Not enough mad twists or turns in that or finger pointing at everyone but himself.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X