Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    Absolutely gutted by this. I've had some horrible times at Gigg Lane (being 6-0 down at half time is a mental scar I'll carry all my life), but when things like this happen then all the rivalry and the daft insults that you throw at one another on matchdays are just meaningless. What really matters is that a good club, not that different from my own club, supported by people much like the ones I stand with every week, has been terribly let down by the people who are in a position to care for it and look after it, while the fans are powerless and have to stand and watch as the whole sorry shitshow inches towards the worst possible conclusion. Fans of any lower division club will feel Bury's pain today, many of us have been through dark times ourselves and know it could just as easily be us next.

Condolences to Giggler and all the other Bury fans, like others have said I can only hope that something good comes out of the ashes and you can build something that gives you your club back.
    Came on to say similar, and can't put it better than this. Very similar club to Carlisle and it could easily be our club getting talked about on the news today. Commiserations Giggler and all involved, and hope something positive starts to emerge.

Comment

Can’t add to what’s been said above. Very best wishes Giggler.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/callumbeesley/status/1166481633974849537?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Desperately sad state of affairs for the fans, remaining staff and community of Bury. Despite the EFL’s toothlessness leading up to this point, I don’t think they had any option but to expel them now considering the dubious chancer who “owns” the Club right now playing very shady games with the Company Administration process.

Here’s hoping they get back on their feet as a phoenix club and there’s some way of saving Gigg Lane as a venue for them without rewarding the scummy vultures involved.

Comment

What a load of shite this all is. Bury just seemed like one of those clubs that had been around, and would be around, for ever. Little moments of glory and nationwaide acclaim amongst years of general just getting by with the ups and downs that most of us here experience with our clubs.

Seeing a club go like this is just so terrible and I hope Giggler and all the other Bury fans can come through this with something.

Comment

I’m surprised Bury FC’s Supporters Trust hasn’t made the ground an ACV at any previous point in the last 5 years.

Comment

So sorry Giggler.

Once it was clear Dale was holding the club hostage, this looked like the only outcome, but it's hugely sad. Can only hope the path to a resurrected club, hopefully playing at Gigg Lane, is a smooth one.

Comment

Just a thought and I may be talking rubbish but.. Bury have been expelled from the EFL but I presume are still full members of the F.A,, having paid their subs so are still entitled to participate in this season's F.A. Cup yes?
                  They should insist on taking part and do their best to get a team of eligible players together and use the game as a rallying point to signal that they're still here and looking to a possible future.
                  The result of the game wouldn't matter and wouldn't denigrate the competition as their opponents would presumably have been given a bye anyway. It would boost morale, generate funds and provide a starting point for what I hope will be a tenable phoenix club future.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                    I’m surprised Bury FC’s Supporters Trust hasn’t made the ground an ACV at any previous point in the last 5 years.
                    I wonder if Bury's repeated financial crises are a factor here- perhaps the argument was made that putting restrictions on the ground would deter potential investors/'saviours'. Just spitballing there though.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                      Just a thought and I may be talking rubbish but.. Bury have been expelled from the EFL but I presume are still full members of the F.A,, having paid their subs so are still entitled to participate in this season's F.A. Cup yes?
                      They should insist on taking part and do their best to get a team of eligible players together and use the game as a rallying point to signal that they're still here and looking to a possible future.
                      The result of the game wouldn't matter and wouldn't denigrate the competition as their opponents would presumably have been given a bye anyway. It would boost morale, generate funds and provide a starting point for what I hope will be a tenable phoenix club future.
                      Further to this - if I recall correctly the National League has an agreement to take 2* clubs from the EFL at the end of any given season. If Bolton (God forbid) and Bury can re-form and prove their funding for next season, is it at all possible for them both to simply restart in the National League, or even National League North?

*This was why Boston were dropped into the Conference North as opposed to National because the Football Conference simply couldn't expel them.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                        Sadly not, FA Statement:

This is without doubt a sad day for Bury FC, their supporters and the local community. We appreciate how hard this decision has been for all parties involved.

Following on from their expulsion from the English Football League, Bury FC will no longer be able to participate in the Emirates FA Cup for the 2019/20 season. We are therefore now consulting with our stakeholders regarding the first round proper following their exit from the league.

If the club re-forms we look forward to them applying to make an application to The Football Association to re-join league competition further down the English football pyramid from the 2020/21 season.

Comment

This is really horrible. I really do hope another club can rise from the ashes of Bury FC. Of course my club (Bolton) is similarly staring into the abyss, although we've been given a two-week reprieve. Despite the local rivalry, I think all Bolton fans are rooting for you.

The German system isn't perfect, but I think the policy of all clubs applying for a license to play in the league every season has some merit.

Comment

Not good to see this, brings back memories of the sense of loss I felt when Chester folded 9 years ago. Possibly the worst feeling I have ever had as a football fan. It might not be much consolation for Bury fans at the moment, but if the supporters can gain control at some point (whether the current club or a phoenix club), and run Bury as a fan led club (as already mentioned above) then at least there may be some light at the end of the tunnel - fan ownership, for me, is the only sustainable future for smaller clubs, despite the flaws it has. 9 years on from this happening at Chester I'm still watching what I consider to be the same club, playing in the same ground, in the same colours, and seeing the same faces I have seen for 30 odd years, so that sense of community was never lost, despite the short term trauma.

Comment

I think Bury will be placed in the lowest league that can realistically take them (and their support). Maybe the Northwest Counties League?

Comment

Step 5 or step 4 seems to be the norm: that would be NWCL or Northern premier league north-west. But that's for clubs whose 'predecessors' were wound up in the national league. I don't know if it would (or should) be a consideration that Bury were in League One. Or if it is the original club which somehow stays in existence, making an application to join the pyramid.

Comment

I think the norm is for reformed clubs to start at step 5 or 6 after some complaints about phoenix clubs being allowed to start at step 4 a few seasons back. There is special dispensation if the leagues committee feel a bigger club could not be accommodated by clubs in that league, so a reformed Bolton may well be considered too big for the Northwest Counties League.
                                  Also an eighth division will be created at step 4 next season to be run by the NPL, so they may be able to accommodate them without causing any upset.

Comment

A guy from PA phoned me for a chat this morning. I cried while we were talking. This stuff matters, much as it may seem trivial while one fascist has unleashed his occupying force of murderers and rapists in Kashmir and another is burning the planet's lungs.

Anyways - get help. Use the fuck out of Andy Burnham. Get your council off its arse. Get Gigg Lane protected.

Then get busy filling those dates you already have in your calendar. What are you and Wimbledon doing on those dates? Speak to them, push them hard to help practically. What about the other clubs in your league? What will you and they do on each "Bury Day"?

Get a team. No matter who or what. Get registered with your FA. And get some games on, somewhere, anywhere.

Use FCUM.

Use anyone and everyone.

Comment

What he said

Comment

Bloody hell, Giggler! Just want you to know not all Dale fans are gloating (obviously we're not but there's an awful lot on our board who are). Here's hoping there's a bright new beginning somewhere around the corner.

Comment

Apologies if this has been covered above, but where does this leave the players contracted to Bury FC, who are now outside the transfer window? Are they free agents?

Comment

As I understand it, if the players are not being paid, they can walk.

Awesome post from Ton Ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                                              Bloody hell, Giggler! Just want you to know not all Dale fans are gloating (obviously we're not but there's an awful lot on our board who are).
                                              I know it shouldn't but this kind of thing still shocks me. How moronic do you have to be to fail to understand that what has happened to Bury could very easily happen to Rochdale and a whole host of other clubs of a similar status.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-08-2019, 13:44.

Comment

If the owner can't or doesn't want to sell how would this affect the club's admission into the lower reaches of the pyramid?

Comment

Ray de Galles
                                                  ​​​​​​​From what I've seen on the Shrewsbury Facebook there's a split between 'This should never have been prevented by any means necessary by the EFL!" / "Well, Bury were the big spenders of money they didn't have for years <shrugs>.' I haven't seen any active gloating and there's a lot of 'I feel sorry for the fans, but...' posts going on.

Although in the Spirit of the Age, there is one person complaining that Shrewsbury won;t have a game on New Year's Day now. Because it's not a tragedy unless it affects us...

Comment

Is there a league that hasn't started yet that Bury could still be admitted to? I know it's straw clutching but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X