Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely disgusting, even by Murdochian standards

Comment

But not that unsurprising, when have they ever given a fuck about supporters?

Comment

Still the "fan owned" model, still living "within our means" and largely hand to mouth.

No offers of any amount of cash refused.

Comment

"Jim White" is trending on Twitter.

(Neither in a good way, nor a tragic one.)

Comment

I think the Bolton issue is that the outgoing chairman wants legal immunity. I could imagine Dale demanding similar.

Comment

Assuming that you are talking about being held harmless by the buyer, no single demand is more likely to drive interested parties away as fast as they can.

Comment

Doesn't the bank own the club now? I'm confused.

Comment

Ursus, yes, that was my meaning. Can you expand on why it's a toxic demand?
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-08-2019, 17:27.

Comment

Because the buyer is being asked to give up its primary means of recourse in the event that the asset has been misrepresented.

You might consider it if you are literally paying nothing for the asset (just acquiring liabilities), but even then it is dangerous lest a related claim be brought against you later on. And when you are dealing with a structure as opaque as this one seems to be, the mere request sets off all kinds of alarms, especially when the seller has been less than transparent.

Comment

When are the football league going to make an actual announcement that doesn't just read like a Financial Times article describing corporate acquisition law, but explains to the likes of me whether Bury (and Bolton) are going to stay in the league or not?

Comment

Thanks, Ursus. Ken Anderson, Bolton chairman, wants an indemnity clause against any future civil action, which prompted my question. Source: Bolton supporter site

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/t...ver/page/1081/

Comment

It's the tiniest of points on this dark day, but Sky Sports News are no longer part of the Murdoch empire, are they? Although there aren't disinfectants strong enough to remove that sort of stench quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                            Still the "fan owned" model, still living "within our means" and largely hand to mouth.

No offers of any amount of cash refused.
                            And btw.

This isn't our thread.

Our crisis was in the past, and has gone.

I know though, when it was all going wrong the good people at Wimbledon did offer advice and moral support

I'd suggest the Bury and Bolton "action teams" contact much the same people

Also, say, Halifax, Chester, Scarborough, Hereford, and the like.

Comment

Yes, they are now controlled by Comcast, but I was trying to invoke past nadirs

Comment

Graun reporting three fresh offers on the table for Bury. They can't be realistic, surely?

Comment

Unlikely IMHO

Comment

Graun's source is Sky, who presumably want to keep the story rolling.

Comment

The story will keep rolling on its own until the Football League take definitive action

The spotlight always attracts chancers and fantasists.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                        When are the football league going to make an actual announcement that doesn't just read like a Financial Times article describing corporate acquisition law, but explains to the likes of me whether Bury (and Bolton) are going to stay in the league or not?
                                        Indeed - one imagines even Bolton and Bury fans would want some definitive statement this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          Yes, they are now controlled by Comcast, but I was trying to invoke past nadirs
                                          In case any of our non-US readers want to know what Comcast is known for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

In case any of our non-US readers want to know what Comcast is known for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw
                                            When they sponsored Burra I'd always assumed they were a construction company that poured concrete.

Comment

Ken Anderson wants dropping in a very deep hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Indeed - one imagines even Bolton and Bury fans would want some definitive statement this evening.
                                                I can't agree with this.

Given the situation as of this morning, the only "definitive" statement that could responsibly be made tonight is that the clubs are being expelled.

If serious potential buyers have indeed emerged at the last minute, they cannot have had time to do the necessary diligence on what they are proposing buying and (more importantly) the EFL cannot have had sufficient time to review their bona fides.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

The Conn story literally makes me feel sick with anger at what these chancers are allowed to get away with in harming civic institutions and loading them with debt. People need to do jail time for fraud.
                                                  See my thread about online fraud and you'll see why that doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

When they sponsored Burra I'd always assumed they were a construction company that poured concrete.
                                                    They are my internet provider.

That sketch is dated because the DOJ prevented them from buying Time-Warner Cable. Instead, Charter/Spectrum did. But Comcast merged with NBC/Universal.

If you've seen 30 Rock, you'll remember Kabletown, which was not so loosely based on Comcast.
                                                    http://www.kabletown.com/company.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                                    X