No announcement yet.

Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they're likely to be asset-strippers. I doubt they are what I'd want for my club, if I had one. But I think they'll be better than the last two owners.

Comment

That is a pretty low bar, though. Even Ken Bates would have a chance of clearing it...

Comment

I'm not sure what kind of business it is but at this level the track record of firms like this is shit. Sisu and Munto spring to mind.

Comment

Couple of days ago now, but I got something in my eye reading this piece from 200%

http://twohundredpercent.net/bury-the-final-countdown/

Comment

Bury’s demise is a grim warning that small-town Britain is still being left behind

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...y_to_clipboard

An excellent article by David Conn. Again.

Comment

Well, that would seem to answer my question about what happens to the ground :-/

Comment

Well hopefully the recession will put paid to any ideas for "redevelopment".

Comment

Takeover is off. That has to be it.

Comment

Ah shit.

Comment

Fuck

Comment

What terrible news.

Comment

Such a shame it didn't work out. This is the statement from C&N and seems to indicate that the issues at Bury run deeper than they were first led to believe.

https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/1166361213808390145

Comment

A minor point but I'd be worried about the business credibility of any company who issue their statements to the press on iPhone notes.

Comment

This is the statement from C&N and seems to indicate that the issues at Bury run deeper than they were first led to believe.
                              The intricate mountain of dodgyness surrounding Dale and Day's dealings and structures was pretty common knowledge, to be fair

Comment

What depressing and shit news this is.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                A minor point but I'd be worried about the business credibility of any company who issue their statements to the press on iPhone notes.
                                Later in the thread Jack Pitt-Brooke addresses this, confirming he typed it up in notes as this was the easiest way for him to tweet it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post

Later in the thread Jack Pitt-Brooke addresses this, confirming he typed it up in notes as this was the easiest way for him to tweet it.
                                  Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

The Conn story literally makes me feel sick with anger at what these chancers are allowed to get away with in harming civic institutions and loading them with debt. People need to do jail time for fraud.

Comment

I imagine that Dale strung C&N with various false promises until the absolute deadline

More cynically, C&N get some nice publicity and can play the role of white knight supplying info to the EFL.

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

Could a new Bury arise the way AFC Wimbledon did? Or what Rangers did? There's a ground - or, at least, space for a ground - and a fanbase. That's something.

I would have thought that a spot in EFL, even in League One, would be a valuable enough "asset" to attract a buyer, but I guess there's just too much bad debt.

Comment

There's always scope for a phoenix club, and I suspect there will be here, though that con-artist Dale owns their ground.

Comment

That's a problem.

Put me down for becoming a member and buying merch for the new Bury. Just out of solidarity.

Comment

Sky Sports with a countdown for Bolton / Bury extinction.

Stay classy Jim White.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                                That's a problem.

Put me down for becoming a member and buying merch for the new Bury. Just out of solidarity.
                                                Darlo still have a shop you know.

(As do Rangers)

Comment

Darlington needs help?

Rangers doesn't need help, do they? And if they did, should I give it to them?

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post

The intricate mountain of dodgyness surrounding Dale and Day's dealings and structures was pretty common knowledge, to be fair
                                                    This is undoubtedly true, though as someone who has worked on purchases of entities from "challenging" buyers, it is virtually always the case that what is publicly known is only a portion of what was actually done. It is also absolutely bog standard for such buyers to delay revealing information as long as possible. One standard way of dealing with that risk is to get various indemnities from the seller that provide a solid basis for litigation should various representations and warranties prove to be false, but that provides much less comfort where (as here) the ability of the seller to satisfy any judgement against him is very much in doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X