Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#StayMighty?

Comment

It looks like an extension to permit further negotiations next week.

Comment

There was a nice piece of radio 5 this morning shortly after 6am all about Bury, saying how much it meant to the town. I can't remember them doing that for any other football club that's been in trouble.

Comment

Great job by Giggler on BBC's Breakfast just now.

Comment

Indeed.

The interviewer strikes me as not being much of a football man.

Comment

Thanks all. It's been an exhausting few weeks just being a fan.

Comment

The interviewer seemed much more interested in saying "the world famous Bury Market" as often as possible. I've never heard of it. And yes, I thought Giggler was very eloquent, if rather younger than I expected. And I'd also like to have heard more from the butcher in the background, who sounded ready to start a proper rant.

Comment

You've never heard of Bury market?

OMG!

Comment

"A town you'll have heard of, called Bury.
                    You know, where black puddings is made."

Comment

I wish they hadn't bigged up today as "deadline day". The EFL have said it's midnight tonight, and in practice that means we're unlikely to get any announcements until Tuesday.

Comment

The EFL will have a phone conference tomorrow morning but yeah, the Bank Holiday excuse may be rolled out. I think an extension to midweek or next Friday is probable, to give Dale one last chance (or call his last bluff).
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-08-2019, 12:29.

Comment

Dale is reportedly in the process of selling up.

Comment

Would help to have a source for that other than Dale

Comment

Company which bought Bury debt reported to be owned by partner of Dale’s daughter

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-dale-daughter

What would be the legal implications if true?
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-08-2019, 20:51.

Comment

Apparently bought by Alistair Campbell's son:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49455433

Comment

C&N Sporting Risk is the name of the company:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/news/...ld-hours-spare

Comment

The Guardian report indicates that there's still some ground to be covered

"It is a very complicated scenario and there remain a number of outstanding legal and other issues that have to be addressed."
                                    https://www.theguardian.com/football...p-control-bury
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-08-2019, 01:02.

Comment

5pm Tuesday but absolutely no further, according to this EFL statement:

"Shortly before Friday’s 11.59pm Notice of Withdrawal deadline, the EFL received notification that an offer for the Club had been accepted and a request was submitted to extend for a further period in order to successfully conclude a sale.

"The Board has fully considered the information that has been made available by C&N Sporting Risk and whilst no formal sale has been completed, despite reports to the contrary, enough credible information was presented to allow the Board to agree to work exclusively with the Club and C&N Sporting Risk over this Bank Holiday weekend in an attempt to finalise the change of control and achieve a positive outcome for Bury FC.

"The EFL Board, however, remains firmly of the view that the League cannot be in a position whereby any more of the Club’s 2019/20 fixtures will be suspended due to the integrity of the competition, the impact on other clubs in the League and therefore has stated that matters must be concluded by 5pm on Tuesday 27 August 2019.

"If in the event a successful outcome is not achieved by this point, then Bury FC’s share in the EFL will be withdrawn and its membership in the League will come to an end."
                                      Given the paperwork and rabbit holes involved, that's a tough deadline, but it makes sense given Bury have fixtures the following Saturday and Tuesday.

Comment

You need someone like Shaun Campbell to fire up the Audi and ride to the ground with 10 minutes to spare clutching a valise containing the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                          5pm Tuesday but absolutely no further, according to this EFL statement:

Given the paperwork and rabbit holes involved, that's a tough deadline, but it makes sense given Bury have fixtures the following Saturday and Tuesday.
                                          Especially when the prospective buyers had net liabilities of £193,000, according to their most recent accounts.

Comment

Not many assets either

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                              We* may never know...

* i.e. me, as I can't fathom where that link leads.

Comment

This is their 2018 balance sheet:

https://twitter.com/graemelambert/status/1165215336662220800

Comment

A balance sheet doesn't really tell you anything much.

Comment

Although they asked for an extension because they needed a particular lawyer to sign s document and he was on holiday...

I mean, great if the club is saved but who the fuck are these people and do we know if the club will.actually be safe with them? They sound like asset strippers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X