Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giggler are you OK? Are you OK Giggler?

Talk to us, you're amongst friends.

It's a very, very surreal situation to find oneself in.

For much of the time since all this started emerging, I've just wanted an end point to it regardless of what that end point actually was. Through all the winding up petitions and adjournments, it became so stressful that the demise of the club felt like it wouldn't be such a big deal.

When the EFL suspended the MK Dons game, it was a hammer blow that I wasn't ready for. Despite financial crises coming with the regularity of the census form dropping onto the doormat, it was the first time this had happened and it reminded me of the moment in Threads when the bomb is dropped and the actor who isn't Reece Dinsdale says simply "Jesus Christ, they've done it".

Now, we simply go from day to day not knowing what on earth is going on. The financial web is far too labyrinthine for me to understand but the ultimate goal has to be for Steve Dale to sell the club and allow us to move on. This doesn't look like it will happen, much less before further sanctions from the EFL.

Comment

Just make sure he sells on the "golden share"

Comment

Nice knowing you, The EFL.

Comment

Is that your response to the EFL, or your interpretation of their statement?

(As in, they are saying. "Nice knowing you! [signed] The EFL")

Comment

My response to the EFL. We’re not coming back from this. The chairman doesn’t want to talk to people interested in buying the club.

Comment

2A-@.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                We’re not coming back from this.
                Is there a Dislike button?

Comment

Sorry this is being drawn out so long. The EFL ought to have had procedures that ensured we had a clear resolution or expulsion before last Saturday's start date, and I'm not sure why they didn't.

Dragging this out until August 23rd helps nobody.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to get all the cunts from this sorry saga lined up along the touchline at Gigg Lane and invite the Bury fans to line up to hoof them in the clackers.

Comment

Next Tuesday's game against Rotherham is now off. The future doesn't look good for Bury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49356357

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                        Wouldn't it be nice to get all the cunts from this sorry saga lined up along the touchline at Gigg Lane and invite the Bury fans to line up to hoof them in the clackers.
                        Where do I sign up for this?

Comment

I don't understand the death by a dozen cuts approach that the League is taking here.

When the club was given the latest 14 day period to present a credible plan, all of its fixtures during that period should have been cancelled. They could be rescheduled in the highly unlikely event that an acceptable plan was presented before the deadline, but this is just gratuitous violence.

Comment

Absolutely despicable. According to Wikipedia (on which I base my day to day accountancy, financial reporting and regulatory reporting decisions for a UK branch of an unspecified Spanish bank), Leeds City are the only club to have been expelled from the Football League...

Comment

Some of the more legal-eagley people from our Trust have been in touch with Bury's to offer help, though it does seem like there's loads to be done in a very short space of time. A forced administration would appear to be needed, but if the creditors are dodgy that's a big problem. Most of ours two years ago were pretty straight-up, so we had legal backing to represent them if needed.

Comment

FFS. Someone edit this so it shows who the tweet is from and what it's about. I can't be fucking arsed with anything any more.

I could weep

Comment

I'm assuming you meant this Giggler:

[URL]https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1162330968604237824[/URL]

I listened to half of it and it was hard listening.

I do have one question though - I thought football debts had to be paid in full when it came to agreeing CVAs - do player's wages not count?

Comment

Yes, they do. Forcing Dale to pay what he owes players past and present, or forcing him out so someone else can settle those debts, is a major part of the problem.

Comment

"Bury owner" sounds like an excellent plan in this case, I vote we do that.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                        "Bury owner" sounds like an excellent plan in this case, I vote we do that.
                                        And then piss on the grave

Comment

Having just listened to that Talk Sport clip all I have is a feeling of over-whelming sadness for all sides. I can't really work out what's going on, who has or hasn't been paid but there is something odd for the Football League to suspend Bury but not Bolton.

Comment

Bolton are losing 5-0 and are on -11 points so it does seem a bit pointless having them in there.

But then again teams would lose 2 home fixtures were both clubs to be kicked out, almost 10% of their games. They might want compensation.

Comment

Bolton only four or five senior players now. I presume the rest of the team are youth team players.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Bolton are losing 5-0 and are on -11 points so it does seem a bit pointless having them in there.

But then again teams would lose 2 home fixtures were both clubs to be kicked out, almost 10% of their games. They might want compensation.
                                                Maybe. But there's savings on appearance fees and other bonuses, 2 lots of travel, all the costs to do with opening up the ground, printing a programme etc. Season tickets have already been bought. The loss of income is on the walk-up ticket sales, which might not be that great compared to the savings.

Comment

Working...
                                                X