Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elguapo4
    replied
    Bury expelled from league, according to Sky sports.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

When they sponsored Burra I'd always assumed they were a construction company that poured concrete.
    They are my internet provider.

That sketch is dated because the DOJ prevented them from buying Time-Warner Cable. Instead, Charter/Spectrum did. But Comcast merged with NBC/Universal.

If you've seen 30 Rock, you'll remember Kabletown, which was not so loosely based on Comcast.
    http://www.kabletown.com/company.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

The Conn story literally makes me feel sick with anger at what these chancers are allowed to get away with in harming civic institutions and loading them with debt. People need to do jail time for fraud.
    See my thread about online fraud and you'll see why that doesn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Indeed - one imagines even Bolton and Bury fans would want some definitive statement this evening.
    I can't agree with this.

Given the situation as of this morning, the only "definitive" statement that could responsibly be made tonight is that the clubs are being expelled.

If serious potential buyers have indeed emerged at the last minute, they cannot have had time to do the necessary diligence on what they are proposing buying and (more importantly) the EFL cannot have had sufficient time to review their bona fides.

Leave a comment:

• Stumpy Pepys
    replied
    Ken Anderson wants dropping in a very deep hole.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

In case any of our non-US readers want to know what Comcast is known for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw
    When they sponsored Burra I'd always assumed they were a construction company that poured concrete.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Yes, they are now controlled by Comcast, but I was trying to invoke past nadirs
    In case any of our non-US readers want to know what Comcast is known for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcny_pixDw

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    When are the football league going to make an actual announcement that doesn't just read like a Financial Times article describing corporate acquisition law, but explains to the likes of me whether Bury (and Bolton) are going to stay in the league or not?
    Indeed - one imagines even Bolton and Bury fans would want some definitive statement this evening.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The story will keep rolling on its own until the Football League take definitive action

The spotlight always attracts chancers and fantasists.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Graun's source is Sky, who presumably want to keep the story rolling.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Unlikely IMHO

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Graun reporting three fresh offers on the table for Bury. They can't be realistic, surely?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Yes, they are now controlled by Comcast, but I was trying to invoke past nadirs

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    Still the "fan owned" model, still living "within our means" and largely hand to mouth.

No offers of any amount of cash refused.
    And btw.

This isn't our thread.

Our crisis was in the past, and has gone.

I know though, when it was all going wrong the good people at Wimbledon did offer advice and moral support

I'd suggest the Bury and Bolton "action teams" contact much the same people

Also, say, Halifax, Chester, Scarborough, Hereford, and the like.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied
    It's the tiniest of points on this dark day, but Sky Sports News are no longer part of the Murdoch empire, are they? Although there aren't disinfectants strong enough to remove that sort of stench quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Thanks, Ursus. Ken Anderson, Bolton chairman, wants an indemnity clause against any future civil action, which prompted my question. Source: Bolton supporter site

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/t...ver/page/1081/

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    When are the football league going to make an actual announcement that doesn't just read like a Financial Times article describing corporate acquisition law, but explains to the likes of me whether Bury (and Bolton) are going to stay in the league or not?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Because the buyer is being asked to give up its primary means of recourse in the event that the asset has been misrepresented.

You might consider it if you are literally paying nothing for the asset (just acquiring liabilities), but even then it is dangerous lest a related claim be brought against you later on. And when you are dealing with a structure as opaque as this one seems to be, the mere request sets off all kinds of alarms, especially when the seller has been less than transparent.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Ursus, yes, that was my meaning. Can you expand on why it's a toxic demand?
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 27-08-2019, 17:27.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Doesn't the bank own the club now? I'm confused.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Assuming that you are talking about being held harmless by the buyer, no single demand is more likely to drive interested parties away as fast as they can.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I think the Bolton issue is that the outgoing chairman wants legal immunity. I could imagine Dale demanding similar.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    "Jim White" is trending on Twitter.

(Neither in a good way, nor a tragic one.)

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Still the "fan owned" model, still living "within our means" and largely hand to mouth.

No offers of any amount of cash refused.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    But not that unsurprising, when have they ever given a fuck about supporters?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X