No announcement yet.

No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that stick you gave Rogin. Disgraceful. I hope you all apologise.

Comment

Joe Gomez is another for my bulging "never seen him have a good game" file.

This is enjoyable stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
        I wonder what the record defeat is for newly-crowned champions in their next game? I remember when Liverpool won the title in 1983 with games to spare they celebrated by losing their next game 2-0 at home to Norwich.
        Didnt Arsenal lose 4-1 at Old Trafford in 1989-Michael Knighton scoring. Seem to remember Arsenal also losing 4-0 a late season game after being confirmed as title winners but not confident enough to press issue without Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          This could, if Liverpool are not more careful, end up as a dry bumming.
          Will probably be only of importance to tedious future debates about greatest teams. But without looking at remaining fixtures could well be matter of fact Liverpool end up well short of highest points total in a season. Which would mean less than last season.

Comment

So Manchester City as unofficial champions, the first team to beat the Champions. </ schoolyard logic>

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

Will probably be only of importance to tedious future debates about greatest teams. But without looking at remaining fixtures could well be matter of fact Liverpool end up well short of highest points total in a season. Which would mean less than last season.
              Meh.

Comment

That Kane disallowed goal is a thing of great amusement. Only Colm can believe that it was handball...

Comment

Yeah it's utter bullshit. Was a foul on Moura. No free kick given.

Comment

Watching the highlights of West Ham v Chelsea and having read Skinhead back in the day, I was just wondering if outside the ground there was any virtual violence...

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Yeah it's utter bullshit. Was a foul on Moura. No free kick given.
                      If a goal cannot be awarded - and no advantage is perceived to have been taken - the referee has to bring play back to what would otherwise be a free kick. The one thing it isn't, ffs, is a f/k to the defending team.

But we all know that that revised handball ruling is beyond a joke anyway. The only consolation I can take here is that it didn't occur in a game that Spurs actually deserved to win.

Comment

With no fans and ambient crowd noise, the whole spectacle is like a shit football sim. VAR breaks are like buffering moments when the computer tries to load the next section of play. VAR also mimics the arbitrary randomness of a poor computer play generator as well.

Comment

Hush, VAR is the perfect future and any resistance is Gammon, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                            So Manchester City as unofficial champions, the first team to beat the Champions. </ schoolyard logic>
                            I was bored at lunch so actually did track this through from the start of 2019-20.

Man City (champions) lost to Norwich.
                            Norwich lost to Burnley
                            Burnley lost to Leicester
                            Leicester lost to Man City
                            Man City lost to Wolves
                            Wolves lost to Liverpool
                            Liverpool lost to Watford
                            Watford lost to Crystal Palace
                            Crystal Palace lost to Liverpool ...

... and Liverpool lost to Man City.

so the "championship belt" ends up in the same place, but I thought it might amuse to see who else held it this season (or yet could if they beat Man City).

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                              Hush, VAR is the perfect future and any resistance is Gammon, or something.
                              I can't hear you over Jamie redknapp saying it was "The worst decision Ive ever seen" and "We need to be able to show more common sense."

The handball rule is the handball rule, it is very clear, and it's the same for everyone. It was the same for Mahrez's fifth goal last night. it will be the same if someone handles the ball while scoring against tottenham. The problem last night is that the referee didn't seem to see what happened to Moura as a foul, so didn't give spurs a free kick. (and if the rules didn't allow him to go back when advantage didn't accrue then they should be changed for that, that's an obvious flaw in implementation)

Comment

It wasn't a handball either, it hit him in the back.

Comment

Stanislas gives Bournemouth a lead at Old Trafford after dithering at the back.

Comment

And Greenwood clinically equalises.

Comment

Rashford has evidently improved his penalty-taking technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                        Rashford has evidently improved his penalty-taking technique.
                                        Both him and Fernandes adopt this stuttering run-up approach. Suppose if it works...

Comment

That's a fantastic strike by Martial.

Comment

That's a fantastic strike by Martial.
                                            You can afford to be gracious now, I see!

Comment

Erm, what?

Comment

As things stand currently:

3) Leicester 33 56 +29
                                                4) Man United 33 55 +22
                                                5) Chelsea 32 54 +13
                                                ​​​​​​6) Wolves 32 52 +11

Comment

Erm, what?
                                                  One of those Saturday afternoon jokes. Ignore.

Comment

United almost give away a goal from the kick-off, and now potentially a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X