No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
    That was a West Ham season distilled into a single match.
    I think that was West Ham over pretty much the past decade distilled into a single match.

Comment

It really is going to be until the Cup of African Nations before any bugger manages to take a point off of these, isn't it

Comment

Are any Liverpool fans getting the fear that it's going to be coronavirus that denies them the title after all these years, given no opponent can?
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-02-2020, 13:58.

Comment

Well, if there weren't any before today, the fact that the Mail, Mirror and Telegraph (at least) have all run stories on the fact that a championship "is not guaranteed" will have given them pause.

Comment

Ah, hadn't seen the papers. Just spent all morning dealing with all the hypotheses with regard to the impact on my area of business which led me to wonder the same for UK sport.

Comment

I was wondering how you were getting on.

It has got to be a nightmare.

Comment

It'll be international travel that goes first. So Liverpool's defence of the Champions League is under more immediate threat. If The UK decides to shut its borders they'll insist domestic football concludes just to prevent rioting.

Comment

The fact that the Swiss concert ban was only on events of above 1000 capacity only caused me to wonder if non-league games would suddenly be the only domestic football in an almost-worst-case scenario.

Comment

The top 40 non-league crowd averages are all over 1,000...

Comment

Yes but that hardly changes my supposition.

Anyway, I was pondering proper non-league rather than the glamour stuff.
                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-02-2020, 15:32.

Comment

1,000 is a rather random figure and I somehow doubt whether the measure will be effective as such.

80,000 will be at the Santiago Bernebeu on Sunday. And Christ knows how many spread over the next three weeks here in Valencia for Las Fallas.

Comment

When did Kolo Toure turn up at Leicester?

Comment

Great and gutsy win for us tonight. Really happy for Jamal Lewis to get his first league goal - a nice lad who lost his form a bit this season but is always popular with the fans.

Leicester had their moments and some good spells, plus a goal disallowed, but didn't trouble us much after they conceded.

Comment

The way Leicester are going lately, that CL spot isn't quite as firmly nailed on.

Comment

It seems there’s a protest at West Ham today. Their fans are not happy at the lies they were fed, and I should say took hook, line and sinker, by their board. Anyone who wasn’t a West Ham fan could see these were lies, except those with claret and blue tinted specs.

Protests should have taken place before they even left Upton Park, it’s far too late for that now.

Comment

the bend on the shot by Lewis was so sexy. I could watch it for days.

I just find myself marvelling at the exquisite timing of Rodgers signing his new contract. Rodgers signed his new contract and two days later hammered villa 4-1 away.. At that point their record in the league was P 16 W12 D2 L2 F39 A 10. Prs 38. That's ridiculously good. This is when you want to sign your new contract, and he played the Arsenal interest magnificently. The 12 games since have not gone so well P12, W3 D3 L6 F 15 A 18. Pts 12. Somewhere along the Way Leicester went from 2.4 pts per game, to 1. Jamie Vardy scored 16 goals in the first 16 games, and has managed 1 in the next twelve. Indeed Vardy didn't score in their five cup games in that time period. I'd be curious to see what is it that has caused that that big drop off over the last three months. (I for one don't believe it has anything to do with the contract, other than Rodgers signed it at the perfect moment for him) A certain amount of it has to be reversion to the mean, (although at a very high level) Has something broken in Vardy, or are teams much better prepared to face Leicester? VAR used to come to Leicester's rescue in the first part of the season, but lately it's been nothing but bad news for Leicester. Ndidi got injured after the turn of the new year, and they've drawn two and lost four of the six games he didn't start.

They are extremely fortunate though that the teams behind them all seem to be mired in quicksand. Chelsea have only made up 3 points on leicester over the last 12 games, though they have a game in hand. Beat Bournemouth, and the gap is only 3 points. Behind them man utd have made up 5 points on leicester and also have a game in hand. If they can beat everton tomorrow, the gap will only be six points. On the plus side, their remaining fixtures look fairly straightforward. They've lost to liverpool and city twice, and drawn home and away with chelsea. and home and away with wolves. They have an away tie at tottenham, and finish the season with a home tie against man utd, They're also away to everton and away to arsenal, Though if you can lose to norwich, perhaps this is less of a factor than you might think.

Comment

If Burnley can keep up their recent rampage, and beat Newcastle today, they'll finish the day one point behind man utd.

Comment

I can't believe Vardy is broken or everyone has worked him out. He has been posting great scoring numbers in the Premier League for a good few seasons now. I haven't looked at the ins-and-outs, but most strikers have hot patches and then relatively less impactful ones.

Comment

This is the sort of game where Liverpool struggle. Quick breaks against and a team that’s been sent out to leave a bit extra in every challenge. Nothing wrong with it, it’s a weak spot in the Reds.

Comment

Also Salah and Firmino’s first touch has deserted them recently.

Comment

Ooh nasty. Delefeu stretchered off after twisting his knee in a challenge with VVD.
                                            He’d been their best player so far.
                                            Pereyra on instead.

Comment

JFC, Troy Deeney is a dickhead.

Comment

Troy Deeny gets away with a studs up clatter on Alexander-Arnold and the Hughes doesn’t get booked for a stamp on Wijnaldum’s ankle.
                                                Looks like they’ve taken Delefeu’s injury personally.

Comment

I'd not been aware of Dan Burn before but was very impressed with him today even though Brighton lost. To see a 6'7" left back is peculiar enough but then for him to outpace Zaha and largely keep him quiet for much of the game as well as provide an attacking threat on the ground in addition as his more obvious presence in the air was remarkable.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 29-02-2020, 18:39.

Comment

He's a very good player is Dan Burn. Plus, as you say, he certainly has presence.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X