No announcement yet.

No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbes, VVD isn't allowed touch dominic calvert lewin at all in those circumstances, let alone plough into him like a truck driven by hans mohlmann. That he didn't make an effort to play the ball makes it a red card as well as a penalty. Liverpool could have been down to eight men by that point, but having watched enough of these games over the years, that's not entirely unusual in a Merseyside derby, though it hasn't been this fighty in a while. I find myself increasingly annoyed by the different application of the rules in these "big occasions," (even including lindelof kicking origi. a couple of weeks ago. I'm annoyed at lindelof for doing something so pointless and stupid, independent of what happened afterwards) almost as much as I am by the waySky and BT sport keep showing footage of roy keane and Patrick Vieira strangling and kicking each other back in 1999. I mean it was all fun and games at the time, but that was just a total loss of control by both players in the middle of what was actually as very good game, and the seem to be simply fetishizing fighting at this point.
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 05-12-2019, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
      If I were a Liverpool fan
      I think you should spend a lot of your time imagining this topic.

Comment

But I do all the time for trolling purposes. You've got to have a good understanding of how the other person thinks if you're going to wind them up properly.

Comment

Arsenal look fucking hopeless at the moment, which will come to no surprise. Brighton finally break the deadlock.

Comment

Adam Webster just welcomed Martinelli to the match nicely there.

Comment

Brighton back in front and they thoroughly deserve it. They've been really well organised, a Sacchi-esque 4-4-2 with high pressing, lots of overlap on the wings, and Arsenal have been completely penned in by them.

Comment

Some recompense for Arsenal in that fantastic Run DMC style jacket Ljungberg was wearing :

[URL]https://twitter.com/indyfootball/status/1202711132508737536[/URL]

Comment

Well, after all, It's Tricky.

Comment

What’s the point of allowing a linesman to have any say whatsoever about an offside decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                      It's his Adidas.

Comment

That VVD challenge was as clear a penalty as you'll ever see. I'm glad Mourinho is back for two reasons - BDG's cartoons and AB's frenzied hatred of him prompts some of the finest posts on OTF. I have ranted since VAR came to Australia that every forward should always ignore the flag and if necessary the whistle and put the ball in the net prompting a VAR review. Finally, sweet vindication.

Comment

I've no idea how that wasn't a penalty. I'm not complaining mind.

Comment

current PL policy in offside decisions.
                            Video Assistant Referees (VAR): Offsides
                            Where there is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity and the assistant referee is not certain whether the attacker actively involved is in an offside position, the assistant should delay indicating the offence until the phase of play has concluded.

Where there is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity and the assistant referee is certain the attacker actively involved is in an offside position, then the assistant should indicate the offence immediately.

In both of these situations the referee should wait to blow the whistle until the immediate phase of play has ended.

Factual offside decisions will be based on the evidence provided by fully calibrated offside lines.

As fine an example of second rate muddled thinking as you could wish to see. Firstly, in an era when on field respect for match officials is an ongoing issue, this guidance is effectively telling players to ignore the idiot waving the flag.

secondly, what is the point of the distinction between the case in para 1 and the case in para 2 if the ref is going to allow play to continue anyway?

Thirdly, in last nights match and I’d wager in every PL match this season there were examples of the ref blowing in response to an offside flag and not letting the phase of play continue.

Fourthly, how much more time wasting are we now going to get as players just carry on regardless?

Lastly, fuck off Amazon with your 100% mag pundit team.

Comment

I think it was Jermaine Jenas who said on Saturday's Match of the Day, in reference to Leicester's winner against Everton when a flag also went up but unnoticed by the defence in that case, that this would happen. He was obviously right then, and the proof of it was swift.

The protocol is unhelpful, but it is also clearly publicly available information. Teams should be coached accordingly - i.e. flags can be wrong (or indeed overruled by the ref without VAR), don't ever stop until the whistle blows.

Comment

...and, a prediction here, someone will do exactly that this weekend, and be booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

It's his Adidas.
                                  Woof! Back of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                    I think it was Jermaine Jenas who said on Saturday's Match of the Day, in reference to Leicester's winner against Everton when a flag also went up but unnoticed by the defence in that case, that this would happen. He was obviously right then, and the proof of it was swift.

The protocol is unhelpful, but it is also clearly publicly available information. Teams should be coached accordingly - i.e. flags can be wrong (or indeed overruled by the ref without VAR), don't ever stop until the whistle blows.
                                    <Stern teacher voice>"The flag is for me, not for you."</stern teacher voice>

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                      No, more it's like that. It's just the way it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post

Teams should have been, and have been, coached to play to the whistle for decades. Sheffield United's players were mugs last night and their manager should be castigating them not complaining about the rules.
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-12-2019, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Leicester City?
                                          Yeah, to backtrack, it ought to be a Top 7 league. Seeing as Man Utd caused quite an upset by beating Leicester, your objection is gratefully noted.

Comment

It also matches the number of European places

Comment

BIG 7 Table

1. Liverpool 16 -- P5 - W5 - D1 - L0
                                              2. Man Utd 11 -- P6 - W4 - D2-L0
                                              3. Leicester 7 -- P5 - W2 - D1 - L2
                                              4. Spurs 2 -- P5 - W0 - D2 - L3
                                              5. Arsenal 2 -- P4 - W0 - D2 - L2
                                              6. Chesea 1 -- P4 - W0 - D1 - L3

Oddly, all Spurs games have been away (they still have to go to Chelsea), whereas all United's games were at home. City still have to play all but Liverpool away.
                                              Last edited by G-Man; 06-12-2019, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                                BIG 7 Table

1. Liverpool 16 -- P5 - W5 - D1 - L0
                                                2. Man Utd 11 -- P6 - W4 - D2-L0
                                                3. Leicester 7 -- P5 - W2 - D1 - L2
                                                4. Spurs 2 -- P5 - W0 - D2 - L3
                                                5. Arsenal 2 -- P4 - W0 - D2 - L2
                                                6. Chesea 1 -- P4 - W0 - D1 - L3

Oddly, all Spurs games have been away (they still have to go to Chelsea), whereas all United's games were at home. City still have to play all but Liverpool away.
                                                Um. Where are Man City?

And how have Man Utd got 11 points if they've won 4 games?

Comment

That’s a first draft that has a stamp of quality one normally associates with my quizzes. Bears out the point I was trying to make though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Teams should have been, and have been, coached to play to the whistle for decades. Sheffield United's players were mugs last night and their manager should be castigating them not complaining about the rules.
                                                    This might technically be the case but in reality it’s bollocks, it might have taken the ref only a second or so to signal play on (I still don’t think that he clearly did that though) but in that time the game has moved on. It’s also the case that the Sheffield United players weren’t the only ones to stop; along with several Newcastle players who stopped so did the bloody linesman who was still up by the centre line posing with his flag when Shelvey passed the ball into the net.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X