No announcement yet.

No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwich 0-1 down to Watford in the first minute. Another goal given away cheaply from midfield - a carbon copy of so many this season (Emi Buendia - not for the first time pissing about and trying tricks in a totally needless situation).

He was fantastic last season, but has been a total liability this term. Needs a major turnaround in his game tonight or he won't be in the side next week.
    Last edited by Arturo; 08-11-2019, 20:17.

Comment

End to end game and should have been more goals for both sides. Norwich recovering well after that early shock. Hernandez looking really good since he came back from injury,

Comment

I hope Norwich improve, it would be good to see a team which didn’t “do a Fulham” succeed, but it’s looking like an uphill task.

From a a personal perspective I have Deulofeu in FL and was losing patience. The lad needed to impress me tonight.

Comment

So a 0-2 home defeat against a Watford side who were bottom of the table without a win and down to ten men for the last thirty minutes.

We're fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            I hope Norwich improve, it would be good to see a team which didn’t “do a Fulham” succeed, but it’s looking like an uphill task.

From a a personal perspective I have Deulofeu in FL and was losing patience. The lad needed to impress me tonight.
            Sheff Utd seem to be fulfilling that role well enough at moment mind.

Comment

Sheff Utd had a strong defence last season, and for all our lovely attacking football, we still conceded 58 goals. We failed to strengthen in that area (bar Sam Byram who hasn't had a look in) and then saw our existing players succumb to injury. United also invested a reasonable sum in improving their squad. We spent £750,000, so it's hardly a surprise but incredibly disappointing nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

Sheff Utd seem to be fulfilling that role well enough at moment mind.
                Good point well made.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                  Sheff Utd had a strong defence last season, and for all our lovely attacking football, we still conceded 58 goals. We failed to strengthen in that area (bar Sam Byram who hasn't had a look in) and then saw our existing players succumb to injury. United also invested a reasonable sum in improving their squad. We spent £750,000, so it's hardly a surprise but incredibly disappointing nonetheless.

Are Norwich going to buy big in January, do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Are Norwich going to buy big in January, do you think?
                    No. The club have already said that won't happen and nobody decent will come here now anyway. Barring a miracle turnaround in form and confidence, we're dead men walking. We've tried the January spend in previous Premier League adventures, but it's always been too late to blood new players in, and we've often had our fingers burnt. We never invest in the summer which is the time when it really needs doing.

As TAB alluded to earlier in the thread, we're budgeting with a mind to come straight back up, if/when we go down. There's no guarantee that will happen though.

Comment

If that is the plan, will the board have the strength to stick with Farke well into the next campaign, even if this season becomes a crash-and-burn? Because changing coaches in the spring means essentially starting from scratch again rather than building on last season.

Comment

Farke will almost certainly stay, unless he decides to jump ship of his own accord, but I don't think he'll do that. Despite the results, he's well liked by the fans, as are the players. It isn't down to a lack of effort and everyone knows the money isn't there for him to spend.

Unless the owners ever move on then the club will be remaining a self funding model. A change isn't likely though as the plan for Delia and her husband is to hand the club to their nephew, Tom Smith, and keep it in the family. They had their interest free loans paid back a couple of years ago, so any more investment from them is unlikely too.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post

No. The club have already said that won't happen and nobody decent will come here now anyway. Barring a miracle turnaround in form and confidence, we're dead men walking. We've tried the January spend in previous Premier League adventures, but it's always been too late to blood new players in, and we've often had our fingers burnt. We never invest in the summer which is the time when it really needs doing.

As TAB alluded to earlier in the thread, we're budgeting with a mind to come straight back up, if/when we go down. There's no guarantee that will happen though.
                          In these circumstances, you'd expect Norwich to sign a couple of players from the Championship that they've had their eye on for a while. Signing them in January would give them an extra six months to bed in, and give them a taste of the premier league. If they work out well, then norwich might stay up. If they don't make an enormous difference and Norwich go down, you know they're effective in the championship, and they're not going to be put off by playing in it for a short spell. So maybe more snodgrass than Van Wolfswinkel.

Comment

At least there could well be an East Anglian derby to look forward to next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                              At least there could well be an East Anglian derby to look forward to next season.
                              I actually find that a slightly depressing thought. Generally, I don't enjoy the aggressive hyperbole of them very much.

Comment

Chelsea duping the ref a bit in this game...

Comment

Fux Sake, Blades settled for too many long range shots when in promising positions.

Comment

FFS - the geeks have ruined the game. 4 minutes and forensic video review to chalk off a goal for the most marginal offside.

Comment

Whether or not it’s improved the quality of decisions it’s these breaks in play that are the huge problem with VAR. When I heard it was coming in I thought immediately of Rugby League here, where basically every try gets replayed over and over, from every possible angle while everyone sits waiting to see if it’s really a try or not. These things destroy the spontaneity and excitement of live sport.

Comment

Perhaps, but the ball is dead nearly half the time in football. An experienced goalkeeper, particularly one playing for a bigger club, can drag a goal kick out to nearly a minute if the humour strikes him.

Comment

But somehow it feels as though the game is still going on.

Comment

I think that in part is down to you just being used to it. A delay because the goalkeeper is ripping the piss, or because someone is injured, or your player has gone to the opposite corner of the pitch to drag out his being substituted, all grand. You're used to it. Indeed depending on who is doing it, being used to it, becomes "It's natural." Having to wait a minute or two for someone you can't see making a decision about something a bit tricky..... super annoying, particularly if it turned out to be fine. People will get used to it.

I reckon that This perfectly normal tendency to see what we're used to as Natural, is at the root of a lot of our problems as a species.

Comment

VAR is fucking useless if obvious penalties like Guendozy's grab aren't given. And also fucking useless for ruling out Sheffield United's goal today. It's a fucking crock of shit and is killing the game. If it takes FOUR MINUTES to review the footage then it's not clear and obvious is it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

I reckon that This perfectly normal tendency to see what we're used to as Natural, is at the root of a lot of our problems as a species.
                                                Barney Stinson argues that new was always better. That's a much worse philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                  VAR is fucking useless if obvious penalties like Guendozy's grab aren't given. And also fucking useless for ruling out Sheffield United's goal today. It's a fucking crock of shit and is killing the game. If it takes FOUR MINUTES to review the footage then it's not clear and obvious is it?
                                                  The four minutes was for the offside decision, wasn't it? If so, that is a factual call and the clear and obvious stipulation doesn't apply,. Factual calls are simply about it being either right or wrong. Clear and obvious only holds for subjective decisions on whether something is a foul or not.

Comment

Anyway... Leicester were good again, weren't they? Two lovely goals. And one No Ndidi moment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X