No announcement yet.

No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not really about cards though is it. It's about being terrified that your front three will pick up injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      Man City must have had some free points as well, though.
      Don't know, late winner yesterday maybe but they had a winner chalked off by VAR against Spurs, didn't they.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        it's not really about cards though is it. It's about being terrified that your front three will pick up injuries.
        I think they could cope if Salah got injured, it's the other two that are vital - Origi or even Oxlade-Chamberlain are decent replacements, albeit being useful in very different ways to Salah.

Comment

Gomez suffered an horrific injury earlier today playing against Spurs. Best wishes go to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
            Gomez suffered an horrific injury earlier today playing against Spurs. Best wishes go to him.

Indeed.

From the reaction of the players it looks like a shocker:

Comment

He seems to have caught his foot in the ground after getting a run of the mill foul by son and collided with aurier.

Comment

Yes, but even so. I doubt many people.would.wish that on anyone.

Son's red card should be overturned on review but I've no idea how badly all concerned will be affected.

Comment

I watched about ten minutes of that Spurs v Everton game and was unlucky enough to see the Gomes incident and it's aftermath, it was genuinely sickening. Stopped watching soon afterwards, the match seemed pointless.

Comment

Pep Guardiola is a paranoid weirdo. Pass it on.

Comment

Yep. Although fractionally more on-the-money this time than in the recent 'Bernardo-gate'.

Comment

Gomes "to make full recovery" following successful surgery, thankfully. Best wishes to Son, who was my favourite player in the CL last season.

Comment

That's excellent news.

Apparently Seamus Coleman went into the Spurs dressing room after the game to try to comfort a distraught Son, which was a lovely, thoughtful gesture and much to his credit.

Comment

Absolutely. Unlike Poch I doubt Son cares whether or not he got a red. He's just a distraught young man.

Comment

Distraught is the word. One way or another he was coming off that pitch. I don't think he particularly cared about the details of how. I was reminded a bit of the David Busst Incident. They had to spread sawdust on the pitch because a couple of players had thrown up. I don't think that the players then had seen anything like it before. I remember seeing schmeichel peering out between the fingers of his gloves.
                              Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 05-11-2019, 00:17.

Comment

Many years ago I was clogging round a pitch on a Sunday afternoon - as was my wont - when a member of the oppo dislocated his knee. No bad challenge - in fact, no challenge at all, he was running down the wing and with a click, out it popped - and with the exception of the time I tore my MCL it was the worst I've ever felt on a football pitch. I had to literally sit down and take deep breaths to avoid seeing that morning's breakfast.

Cue his mate coming up to me and saying "don't worry, it happens to him a lot". Needless to say it didn't make me feel better and I doubt there are any kind words which can help Son at this point.
                                Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 04-11-2019, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                  That's excellent news.

Apparently Seamus Coleman went into the Spurs dressing room after the game to try to comfort a distraught Son, which was a lovely, thoughtful gesture and much to his credit.
                                  Yep, that was very considerate indeed. (Dele Alli in turn paid tribute to Gomes - and to Coleman and other Everton players - which was also gratifying to see.)

Comment

It's just a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                      Many years ago I was clogging round a pitch on a Sunday afternoon - as was my wont - when a member of the oppo dislocated his knee. No bad challenge - in fact, no challenge at all, he was running down the wing and with a click, out it popped - and with the exception of the time I tore my MCL it was the worst I've ever felt on a football pitch. I had to literally sit down and take deep breaths to avoid seeing that morning's breakfast.

Cue his mate coming up to me and saying "don't worry, it happens to him a lot". Needless to say it didn't make me feel better and I doubt there are any kind words which can help Son at this point.
                                      We had a bloke who played in our Over 35s team who used to dislocate his knee regularly... it is a horrible sight

Comment

The picture of Cenk Tosun cradling Gomes' head genuinely brought tears to my eyes. Cenk has then made a lovely post on his Instagram page.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                          It's just a game.
                                          Well, that's us told.

Comment

I wasn’t trying to tell anyone anything. I was just trying to articulate my thoughts on the players’ human reactions to a horrible situation. In that context football seemed a mere irrelevance, a game. To me.

Comment

I think Jah was posting in a light-hearted way.

Comment

Yes fair enough.

Comment

(Belatedly - he was.)

Comment

Yes Jah, bit of a prickly response, apologies.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X