No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkF View Post
    For those of a certain age, you might remember Mick Jones in the FA Cup for Leeds v Arsenal... Almost exact.
    Most of us here are "a certain age".

Comment

Leicester equalise. Totally against the run of play, poor goalkeeping but Liverpool really needed to finish one of the several thousand chances they've passed up in the second half. Final ball has been terrible - Bobby F especially having an off day.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ
        It’s not looking great for Spurs and Poch at the minute, is it? Alex Ferguson used to say that you only really got about four years out of a team before a complete rebuild was necessary. This is Poch’s fifth year at Spurs and the team now looks like it’s running on fumes. I wasn’t following his career when he was Espanyol manager but didn’t his arc there roughly parallel what’s happening now? He achieved miracles, relatively speaking, with an under-resourced squad for a few years but left them in the relegation zone the Christmas before he became Southampton manager, I think. So much of his philosophy is based on his players constantly running around and pressing like maniacs. Maybe there’s only so long a squad can do that before suffering complete burnout.
        Simeone?

Comment

People who think that Pochettino should manage man utd are angry morons who want an angry psychopath to bully and punish the snowflakes who are disgracing the club. it's the same sort of mental weaklings who thought that Jose mourinho would be a good manager. Most people use their brains to weigh down their heads.

Pochettino is clearly an unstable fucking maniac. Thanks to that inveterate scumbag mourinho, there's a load of really stupid people who think that this is a normal way for a manager to behave.
          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 05-10-2019, 15:52.

Comment

Liverpool win with a 95th minute pen. I bloody love James Milner.

Comment

Perez gets all tasty after the final whistle too. Squares up to Milner. Bit silly that. He'll only hurt himself.

Comment

I can't handle the cauldron of stupidity surrounding man utd at the moment. This is the second time since ferguson left that man utd have appointed a manager with a long term rebuilding plan, and when it hasn't immediately resulted in the fucking treble, there is a mad rush to sack the manager and appoint an angry malevolent unstable thug, who has recently been fired for being worse than the current manager in every single way. Pochettino hasn't been fired yet, but he's spent the last 18 months losing a full third of his games. Of course Man utd should appoint him as he becomes increasingly unstable and unhinged.

The greatest advantage that Alex Ferguson had as a manager is that that when he was in charge, the people running the club literally did not care if the fans lived or died so their angry entitled nonsense was no more than the howls of fools on the wind.

Comment

Graeme Souness is at a loose end, I hear?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    I can't handle the cauldron of stupidity surrounding man utd at the moment. This is the second time since ferguson left that man utd have appointed a manager with a long term rebuilding plan, and when it hasn't immediately resulted in the fucking treble, there is a mad rush to sack the manager and appoint an angry malevolent unstable thug, who has recently been fired for being worse than the current manager in every single way. Pochettino hasn't been fired yet, but he's spent the last 18 months losing a full third of his games. Of course Man utd should appoint him as he becomes increasingly unstable and unhinged.

The greatest advantage that Alex Ferguson had as a manager is that that when he was in charge, the people running the club literally did not care if the fans lived or died so their angry entitled nonsense was no more than the howls of fools on the wind.

Fair enough.

What does OGS's long-term strategy look like?

Comment

Are there any Everton fans here? What on earth is going on there?

Comment

Can't complain about that, though my stream had gone by the time the penalty happened. Was surprised Choudhury wasn't sent off tbh. Liverpool seemed relentless and Leicester resorted to hoofing it a lot because they couldn't find time on the ball. When they did manage to do that they looked a bit better and I like Praet, but a draw would definitely have been a point nicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Fair enough.

What does OGS's long-term strategy look like?
                          Andreas Pereira on a 4 year contract because he has Man United DNA.

Comment

Maybe he's spent so long on his long-term strategy he's completely forgotten he also needs a short-term one.

Comment

Palace for the Champions League

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ

Putting on a brave face for the press while explaining the latest below-par result for a team with the highest wage bill in England.
                                Rather than have me say something that I will wind up regretting, how about you pick that one apart for all the problems with it.

Maybe he's spent so long on his long-term strategy he's completely forgotten he also needs a short-term one.

What if he has a short term strategy, but one that is at the mercy of their oh so short squad, and is reliant on a lot of young players who are still finding their way?

Comment

"What if he has a short term strategy, but one that is at the mercy of their oh so short squad, and is reliant on a lot of young players who are still finding their way?"

Well selling half the squad without replacing them will do that. And constantly bigging up young players who aren't ready for first team action isn't wise either.

But even having said all that, with the players he has the performances aren't good enough. That falls on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    Are there any Everton fans here? What on earth is going on there?
                                    They keep appointing the wrong manager. When they fire Silva, I'm worried that they will finally come to their senses and tempt Dyche away from Turf Moor.

Comment

Rather than have me say something that I will wind up regretting, how about you pick that one apart for all the problems with it.
                                      Ah how things change. It only seems like yesterday you were using the wage bill as a stick to beat other teams with.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                        But even having said all that, with the players he has the performances aren't good enough. That falls on him.
                                        And not on the players?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

And not on the players?
                                          It's not players underperforming in a working system. It's players struggling in a confused system. There's no attacking threat, no ideas, no creativity. Against Rochdale three midfielders were passing it from side to side as four attackers stood statically on the edge of the box, until a fullback overlapped and drilled a cross into the defender. It's Moyesesque

Comment

Just saw the Loris injury.
                                            Poo guy, it looked horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

They keep appointing the wrong manager. When they fire Silva, I'm worried that they will finally come to their senses and tempt Dyche away from Turf Moor.
                                              And continue the chain?

Comment

I'm sure this is has been posted upthread but I can't see Liverpool winning anything this season if Klopp continues to be unwilling (other than during the league cup) to rotate some players. The bench is strong enough and features enough talent that he can rest some of the forwards. These guys are going to burn out by Christmas.

Comment

I suppose Lovren and Milner wouldn't necessarily be "usual" starters, maybe Fabinho too. And in all cases there are alternatives who do get a run as well e.g. Keita, Gomez. But the really key offensive players that's a fair point. I guess Leicester has to be seen as a Best 11 game now.

Comment

Fabinho plays every game. Milner is the is main go to when Klopp wants to rotate. Lallana came in on Saturday but only because of an injury. Shaquiri's only playing time happens at night when he's dreaming.

BTW, on a totally different note, tonight I made my way through a few issues of WSC from 2011 that ended up under a stack of books. The December issue has multiple stories about youth players being hoovered up by Chelsea, none of which (to the best of my knowledge) experienced anything positive from those moves. Did Oluwaseyi Ojo or Islam Feruz get any playing time for Chelsea?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X