No More Sarri - Premier League 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
    I have to say that this Chelsea, full of youth products, playing attacking football, and defensively more than a bit suspect, are my favorite Chelsea side to watch probably ever. His hands may have been tied in this respect; fair play to Lampard in terms of approach.

The Norwich - City game was great entertainment. Farke's implausible appearance and their willingness to try and play their game no matter who they're playing against is laudable.

And some would say that the two best players from the academy, maybe three, have yet to play for the first team this season.

Norwich have been excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
      Norwich were terrific and fully deserved this.
      Thanks and commiserations on a surprise defeat. Man City were not at their best, but we weren't lucky either and played outstandingly well. It gives me the belief, even with our horrendous injury list, that we might do alright this season. My only disappointment was that I couldn't be there, but delighted my dad saw his first game in two seasons.

Six points from the opening five games which have included Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City is what we would have realistically aimed for. Apart from the match at West Ham and the opening half at Anfield, we haven't looked hugely out of our depth. Twenty one goals in those matches suggests there won't be many dull games to come.

Strangely I think Farke has slipped under the radar until now, despite all he has done. He's an outstanding coach and along with Stuart Webber (Sporting Director) has totally transformed the squad. I don't think any management team has utilised our young talent as much as these guys have, and I wonder what they would have done with some of the kids who slipped into obscurity during the previous couple of decades.

As for Teemu Pukki, don't get me started.
      Last edited by Arturo; 15-09-2019, 22:14.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchmonkey View Post
        The Norwich - City game
        No! Just... NO! This is completely unacceptable... calling them 'City' is one thing, but against another team called City? This cannot stand.
        Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 15-09-2019, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

No! Just... NO! This is completely unacceptable... calling them 'City' is one thing, but against another team called City? This cannot stand.
          Ian Wright was doing the same on MOTD last night although I think he corrected himself in due course.

Comment

that man utd leicester game wasn't massively memorable, except for the sight of Hamza Choudhary, and tahith Chong on the pitch. My god they've got glorious hair. I hope they go on to have the careers to match. I'd be a bit more confident about choudhary though. He seems to only really require experience. Chong is raw as all hell, and I don't know if his basic technique is consistent enough

Comment

Can it be a coincidence that just as David Cameron emerges to flog his memoirs, Aston Villa play West Ham on sky on monday night

Comment

Has VAR been abandoned already? There seem to have been a number of incidents over the past couple of rounds of matches and not a peep out of everybody’s favourite technology.

NB I think Arsenal’s goal just now was legit (ie, no foul), but I’m surprised it wasn’t even reviewed.

Comment

Someone posted here recently inquiring about getting tickets for a Liverpool home game and was informed that it would be difficult, yet I see that yesterday's attendance at Anfield was more or less 2,500 shy of capacity. Season ticket holders not turning up or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                    Has VAR been abandoned already? There seem to have been a number of incidents over the past couple of rounds of matches and not a peep out of everybody’s favourite technology.

NB I think Arsenal’s goal just now was legit (ie, no foul), but I’m surprised it wasn’t even reviewed.
                    Var isn't going to overrule referees if they see it, and still get it wrong. It was really obvious in the last round of Games. Stuart Armstrong kicked mason Greenwood like a football in the man utd southampton game, and you could see it on the var replay, but the ref saw it, didn't give it, and the BBC commentator said that the word had been put out that VAR wasn't going to overrule the official if he saw it. It was far more obvious in the leicester bournemouth game the same weekend. Tielemans made a horrendous straight leg studs up tackle into the shin of callum wilson, the ref gave him a yellow card. VAR looked at it, saw the three different ways it was an automatic red card, and didn't over rule the ref. Wilson picks himself up, and then about 20 minutes later he's racing into the penalty area, when a leicester defender ploughs into him like a truck and knocks him over, the ref books him for diving. VAR has a look at the incident, and doesn't give a penalty, or save wilson from a booking.

VAR is kind of pointless if you don't overrule the referee. because to all intents and purposes, nothing really has changed. It's still worth trying to trick the referee, and it's still worth trying to bully and intimidate him.

Comment

By the way, what the fuck happened to Arsenal?

Sweet baby jesus

Comment

??

Comment

David Luiz's agent must have some serious dirt on a lot of managers and sporting directors; there's no other explanation for why teams keep paying huge amounts of money for him and letting him play in major tournaments despite him having the pace and positional sense of a sack of mouldy spuds.

Comment

Also, if Guendouzi is the answer then I have no idea what the question is. I saw an article in the Guardian today praising his "fire and intensity". He might well have fire and intensity but so does Scrappy Doo.

Comment

nah, his pace and stamina are very good. He wouldn't be able to move so far out of position if he were immobile. He strikes me as the sort of player that appeals to interfering rich owners that don't really know anything about football, or defending. The amazing thing about david Luiz, is that it's actually relatively easy to learn the various tricks that he would need to be a decent centre half, as well as the whole footballing thing. He just refuses. He's that worst of combinations. A hyper-aggressive stopper, who then wants to carry the ball out like a sweeper, which translates into an almost permanent gaping hole. Most of modern defending simply revolves around standing in the right place relative to your teammates, which forces the opposition into less threatening areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                Also, if Guendouzi is the answer then I have no idea what the question is. I saw an article in the Guardian today praising his "fire and intensity". He might well have fire and intensity but so does Scrappy Doo.
                                Hahahaha. With Luiz as Scooby. The last Arsenal game I watched was very confusing because I couldn't tell which was which, and normally the location of the ball alone would help you distinguish between a centre half and a central midfield, but not in this case.

Comment

Luiz is Shaggy not Scobby. Predictive text has that as shabby which is better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    By the way, what the fuck happened to Arsenal?

Sweet baby jesus
                                    They should be celebrating - they somehow stole a point.

Comment

I have noticed that "Crisis ridden" Spurs are in 3rd place.
                                      With that kind of hyperbole, it is no surprise the sports media is dying a death

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                        I have noticed that "Crisis ridden" Spurs are in 3rd place.
                                        With that kind of hyperbole, it is no surprise the sports media is dying a death
                                        yeah well drop points in their next game and they could be 10th. This is merely an artefact of there being six huge clubs and only four champions league places. Lets say that all six clubs have a really good manager, who are doing as well as they possibly can, two of them aren't going to qualify for the CL, in which case two of those managers are loser-cucks who have failed. All the players are lazy and worthless..... and god help those clubs if another club outside that group finishes in the top six. It's really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

yeah well drop points in their next game and they could be 10th. This is merely an artefact of there being six huge clubs and only four champions league places. Lets say that all six clubs have a really good manager, who are doing as well as they possibly can, two of them aren't going to qualify for the CL, in which case two of those managers are loser-cucks who have failed. All the players are lazy and worthless..... and god help those clubs if another club outside that group finishes in the top six. It's really stupid.
                                          Dude, Spurs can go from 3rd to 10th because we are only 5 games into the league season so a couple of points can lead to huge fluctuations in league places.

We ended last season in the Champions league final. A team can have an iffy start to a season and not be in crisis. I think 8 points from 5 games is a very good return, especially when two of those games are Arsenal and Man City away.
                                          But then, sound analysis is too boring.......

Comment

The fastest player is the ball - Sepp Herberger.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1173557737848025094?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Oof. Mea maxima culpa. The Canaries did very well against the Team That I Still Associate Mainly With Paul Dickov.

Comment

I'm not sure that the media has yet got to grips with VAR reviews. I checked the Leicester-Spurs score on the BBC website about half-an-hour ago and it was 0-2. I then checked 15 minutes later and it was 1-1.

Comment

Finishes 2-1 to the Foxes.

So far.
                                                  Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 21-09-2019, 13:30.

Comment

Does anyone know when VAR considers the ball to have been passed forward? Is it at the moment of contact with the boot, or release?
                                                    Because Son had one ruled out for offside by about an inch. So the difference between contact and release could make all the difference.
                                                    Don't get me wrong, it's hilarious when Spurs lose, but I hope someone somewhere has thought about it, if they're going to use such tiny margins.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X