X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      We've selected an odd line-up. What with the injuries on both sides anything could happen today.

There's a lot of police around. Probably a very wise decision.
      Fear not Nocturnal, Giroud usually plays well against Spurs and is always good for a goal.

We have Moura (who has looked knackered the last few games) and Bergwijn who despite his debut goal is still finding the pace of the PL a bit much.
      Despite his defensive dodgyness, we will badly miss Aurtier going forward, Maybe Tanganga will show us he is as decent going forward as he is defensively.

If Ndombele can last 70 minutes and we are level, we can bring on Alli and Lamela in the last 25 minutes and move to a 4-4-2.

I suspect Chelsea will be 2 up by then though.

Comment

The reverse badmind is strong with this one.

Comment

I'm watching the warm up. Not sure Barkley has managed to hit the target once.

Comment

The reverse badmind is strong with this one.
            I wish I was, Parrot not even on the bench again. Jose claims he is not ready and claims he does not have the maturity or the emotional control.
            Kane, Alli and Son are responsible for 63% of Spurs goals. Add to that we have recently lost Eriksen so it's no surprise we are struggling for goals.

Comment

I'm watching the warm up. Not sure Barkley has managed to hit the target once.
              Worry not, all London teams raise their game against Spurs, something to do with the white Shirt triggers people.
              Must be their inferiority complex...........

Comment

When Lo Celso signed, I wasn't too sure about him, not because I didn't think he had talent, I had reservations if he had the strength and athleticsm to cope with English football.
                Since he has moved deeper, he has looked a much better player. Playing behind the ball suits him much better than being ahead of it.

Comment

Ndombele limping already. That guy runs around like he has had two bouts of vigorous sex followed by a huge steak before taking the pitch.

Comment

Bergwijn was apparently the fastest player in the Dutch league. This begs the question, fastest at what?

Comment

I see Lo Celso has taken over from Eriksen to put in Gary Coleman corners.

Comment

That was terrible, three consecutive shots there from Chelsea. Vertonghen turning away from the ball there.

Comment

The Chelsea pressure there brough on by Spurs messing around with the ball in the defence and losing it in their half. Slow ponderous football when transitioning from defence to midfield. Static players passing to static players.

Comment

Spurs only look slick when passing backwards.

Comment

Spurs defenders receiving the ball when facing their goalkeeper instead of on the half turn. I learned this was a bad thing aged 11.

Comment

We need to have Lo Celso at the base of our midfield dictating play, pushing him forward on the right is not helping him or the team. Ndombele needs to come off with Alli replacing him.
                                I would also consider moving to a back four.

Comment

Nice goal.

Comment

Tanganga showing why he is not usually allowed to pass the half-way line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

I wish I was, Parrot not even on the bench again. Jose claims he is not ready and claims he does not have the maturity or the emotional control.

Well, eight years or so of someone else bringing him through and Jose will be all over him.

Comment

Alli on 20 minutes too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Fear not Nocturnal, Giroud usually plays well against Spurs and is always good for a goal.

We have Moura (who has looked knackered the last few games) and Bergwijn who despite his debut goal is still finding the pace of the PL a bit much.
                                          Despite his defensive dodgyness, we will badly miss Aurtier going forward, Maybe Tanganga will show us he is as decent going forward as he is defensively.

If Ndombele can last 70 minutes and we are level, we can bring on Alli and Lamela in the last 25 minutes and move to a 4-4-2.

I suspect Chelsea will be 2 up by then though.
                                          Almost to the letter* - well done TG.

(*I appreciate that this is a risky term to use on this thread, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            Almost to the letter* - well done TG.

(*I appreciate that this is a risky term to use on this thread, etc.)
                                            That's way I am the Tactical Genius.
                                            the midfield has been our problem today, lack of intensity once again our undoing.
                                            No doubt the idiots masquerading as experts and pundits will be focusing on the absence of Kane and Son.

Comment

Their absences aren't trivial, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                Their absences aren't trivial, though.
                                                Son and Kane played the reverse fixture where we lost 2-0....... And it wasn't like we were missing sitters in this game.

Comment

No, but they’d have provided a target upfront - hard to argue the case for Lucas in those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                    No, but they’d have provided a target upfront - hard to argue the case for Lucas in those terms.
                                                    Kane and Son played the first dozen or so games of the season. The net result of that was we were in 10th place and Potch was sacked.
                                                    You can listen to the bozos on those podcasts, talksport or MOTD or listen to the Tactical Genius the choice is yours.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X