X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockley Park

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Go out for a nice walk down to wherever that VAR studio is and disconnect their power.

Stockley Park. A nice walk if you like business estates under the main Heathrow flight path, I suppose.

Comment

In some ways the best outcome this afternoon would be for the match to be utterly ruined by VAR.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
          In some ways the best outcome this afternoon would be for the match to be utterly ruined by VAR.
          Don't worry, it will be.

Comment

When the camera cut to those old lads during the minute silence, were they a) the last veterans of WWII who turn up to anfield, or b) the last people who remember seeing Graeme souness the player?

Comment

You could argue for that already.

Comment

The game has been utterly ruined by VAR. The First goal should have been a penalty to Man City, and the second goal was offside. In both instances they bottled it completely.

Comment

If they'd have called it back for the penalty (which I tend to agree it was) after Fabinho had put it in the net then that would've ruined the game too. They needed to stop the game and look at it before anything else game changing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    The game has been utterly ruined by VAR. The First goal should have been a penalty to Man City, and the second goal was offside. In both instances they bottled it completely.
                    Oh, suddenly VAR is a crock of shit, is it?

Comment

If they'd have called it back for the penalty (which I tend to agree it was) after Fabinho had put it in the net then that would've ruined the game too.

It wouldn't have ruined the game. It would have annoyed some liverpool fans, but that's not the same thing. that's a moment that could fundamentally change the rest of the season. The first goal in this game was going to be so massively important.

Comment

Job done.

Comment

If they'd have called it back for the penalty (which I tend to agree it was) after Fabinho had put it in the net then that would've ruined the game too.

It wouldn't have ruined the game. It would have annoyed some liverpool fans, but that's not the same thing. that's a moment that could fundamentally change the rest of the season. The first goal in this game was going to be so massively important.
                          I know why they can't stop the game (unless a penalty is going to be awarded) but letting the game run on and only reviewing the situation at the next break in play is one of the aspects of VAR that was always going to have the potential to fuck games up.

Thank fuck I watch most of my football at a level where this pile of wank doesn't get involved.

Comment

The City player handballed it on its way to the Liverpool lad. So it would have been ruled out in any case.

Do you not UNDERSTAND VAR?

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                              If they'd have called it back for the penalty (which I tend to agree it was) after Fabinho had put it in the net then that would've ruined the game too. They needed to stop the game and look at it before anything else game changing happened.
                              Thought VAR was about getting decisions right. In theory. In practice it has not delivered. But it wrong to argue disallowing Liverpool first goal would have ruined game if incorrect decision made leading up to it.

Comment

Third goal is a goalkeeping error

Comment

Three nil. Great long cross from Henderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                    Third goal is a goalkeeping error
                                    Second one should have been saved too.

Comment

VAR ruined the game in the sense of creating an expectation of fairness that it can't, or won't be allowed to, deliver.

Comment

I've had half an eye on part of the game so perhaps someone can clear up a contentious issue for me...did I spot an advert for Liverpool's official coconut oil partner on the electronic hoardings earlier?

Comment

I have never felt that Man City were going to win this. 3-0 is flattering to Liverpool but not a huge shock.

Comment

Ray, it was coconut something, but I'm not sure it was oil or water

Comment

They do coconut oil, water and milk. Not sure if the full range of products are officially partnered though.

Comment

Ah, thanks. Who is the "they"?

Comment

That race for the Europa League place is looking interesting at this early stage, isn't it?

Comment

That'll do.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X