No announcement yet.

Sarri Somehow - Serie A 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley Young's goal gives Inter the half time lead against Lazio.

Comment

Immobile pulls the home side level and they are pressing for a second now.

Comment

And Lazio lead! It had been coming.

Comment

This match has been typical of their entire season. They don't give up and seem to revel in adversity.

Comment

except against celtic

Comment

Pesce grande...?

24° Giornata
              The fortunes of the Roman clubs diverge further as the Giallorossi are beaten by Atalanta, putting a huge dent in their hopes of CL qualification, while Lazio come from behind to beat Inter and leapfrog them into second spot. Juventus continue to lead the table but they face the restart of the Champions League and still have to play both of their title rivals. Which means it remains their title to lose - but also a tough task.

Another city where the rival teams are somewhat closer to one another is Genoa. The Grifone secured back-to-back wins after comfortably seeing off Bologna. They are now unbeaten in four. Sampdoria, meanwhile, continue to slide and have joined their cohabitants in a relegation battle.

Risultati
              Atalanta 2 - 1 Roma
              Bologna 0 - 3 Genoa
              Cagliari 0 - 1 Napoli
              Juventus 2 - 0 Brescia
              Lazio 2 - 1 Inter
              Lecce 2 - 1 Spal
              Milan 1 - 0 Torino
              Sampdoria 1 - 5 Fiorentina
              Sassuolo 0 - 1 Parma
              Udinese 0 - 0 Verona

Classifica
              57 Juventus
              56 Lazio
              54 Inter
              45 Atalanta
              39 Roma
              35 Verona
              35 Parma
              35 Milan
              33 Napoli
              33 Bologna
              32 Cagliari
              29 Sassuolo
              28 Fiorentina
              27 Torino
              26 Udinese
              25 Lecce
              23 Sampdoria
              22 Genoa
              16 Brescia
              15 Spal

Highlights
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...S9Y4-eS62Xk8NM
              Last edited by Kevin S; 18-02-2020, 13:43.

Comment

poor lecce are the latest corncrake to meander in front of the Atalanta Combine harvester. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2xCYRgixV4] They nearly have 50% more goals than juventus [/url]

What is the catch with Atalanta? What is the dark secret that lurks within, because this is 2020 and we don't get to have nice things.

Comment

Three goals in the last ten minutes in Rome

​​​​​​Roma holding on to a 4-3 lead.as.we enter six minutes of injury time

Comment

Conspiracy theories from Inter fans about the Juventus match being postponed, which likely will benefit Juventus

https://www.theguardian.com/football...up-coronavirus

Must be a risk the season will not finish or be played out in empty stadia.

Comment

Ramsey scores one of the most important goals in his career.

Comment

And then Dybala scores one of the prettiest.

That may well be the last match we see for a while. The Sports Minister, the President of the National Olympic Committee and the president of the players' union are now all on record as opposing Serie A playing when virtually all other sporting activities in the country have been halted.

Comment

Serie A suspended until April 3rd. Inevitably. No news on European ties but I don't see how they can go ahead in Italy if the players are unwilling to take risks.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-03-2020, 17:58.

Comment

The Cop[pa Italia final was last night. I briefly watched a bit of it - they had some kind of fluttery seat covers to try and make the stands have some kind of life. I didn't watch until the end (Napoli beat Juventus on penalties after a 0-0 draw). Best bit was the socially distant medals ceremony in the video below
                            https://twitter.com/Emishor/status/1273396727907782656?s=20

Comment

Roma win 2-1, defeating Samp. I think the win was deserved on the whole, but man, watching Roma is so frustrating most of the time. And it didn't help that 40% of the commentary was about the club's financial problems. Of course, you let someone buy Schick and Pastore and a variety of guys who are hurt so much that only the most dedicated fan even knows these guys were signed, and that is recipe for disaster.

Comment

But I guess I posted my complaints about Roma's buys way too soon since I just heard the wonderful news on the Chelsea-City broadcast that Roma has purchased the young and fit Pedro for next season.

Comment

I don't know if you guys believe in the ability of someone to see into the future, but I'm here to tell you that Jorge Valdano had those skills. When he was using the phrase "shit on a stick" to describe a football match, I know what he had in mind: AS Roma 2019-2020.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                    I don't know if you guys believe in the ability of someone to see into the future, but I'm here to tell you that Jorge Valdano had those skills. When he was using the phrase "shit on a stick" to describe a football match, I know what he had in mind: AS Roma 2019-2020.
                                    The story behind this quote:

What was published:

"Usted pone una mierda colgada de un palo en medio de Anfield y hay mucha gente dispuesta a decir que eso es una obra de arte. Pues no, es una mierda colgada de un palo"

Explanation in The Guardian:

He explained that he had originally started his article with the words: "Some shit hanging on a stick in a New York art gallery could come across as a work of art. A bad football match played at Anfield could come across as a decent match ..." and chuckling went on: "But the article had the problem of length, right? I had to write exactly 495 words and I had 600. I started trimming and ended up with 'shit on a stick at Anfield could pass for a decent match'.

"I'm not trying to justify myself. I'm not making excuses. It was what I wrote and obviously it can sound disrespectful, which is why I apologised a week later. But I still maintain the essence of the article: I think that the Liverpool v Chelsea match was unworthy of the level we're at ... it was a match where intensity won over precision.

Comment

Someone should tell Ronaldo that topknot's look stupid and they haven't been even remotely fashionable for years.

Comment

Just as I was thinking that I could just about do one now...

Comment

Because I had some investment in those Liverpool-Chelsea games, and they were not finals (i.e., we have higher expectations for a final), Valdano's assessment wasn't working for me at the time. But Roma's play week by week is painful. The loss to Napoli at least featured some fight by Roma. Dzeko is certainly likable but the the team just seems to have no identity with the sale of Florenzi breaking up the Totti > De Rossi > Florenzi Romanista line. Zaniolo should be excellent but he'll be purchased by Juve so he can sit on the bench.

Roma is basically prepared to play in MLS: some kids that are on their way to being mediocre, mediocre players at the age when very good players start to shine, and veterans whose best days are behind them.

Sorry, not the most cheerful post. But it's been a few years of underwhelming play. Bring back Spalletti.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                            Because I had some investment in those Liverpool-Chelsea games
                                            I personally immensely enjoyed the second leg for its unrelenting tension and atmosphere.

Comment

While Serie A was in hibernation, I somehow missed the fact that Gigi Simoni passed away in May.

Probably most famous for his UEFA Cup win with Inter in the late 90s, I'll always remember him for getting some teams promoted to the top flight that really had no business being there (Cremonese and Pisa in particular).
                                              Last edited by blameless; 07-07-2020, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I personally immensely enjoyed the second leg for its unrelenting tension and atmosphere.

They almost killed me!

The second legs of the Chelsea-Liverpool CL games in 2008 and 2009 were terrific affairs (actually, the first legs were pretty good, too) but no-one seems to mention them.

Comment

Currently Milan 3 Juventus 2. All 5 goals coming in the second half. Milan were 2 down.

Comment

Now 4-2.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X