No announcement yet.

Sarri Somehow - Serie A 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All three of Milan's midfielders picked up yellows in their 1-0 defeat at Udinese.

Comment

Chiellini has torn in ACL in training and is out for at least five months

Comment

That's surely a career ending injury at his age?

Comment

I was shocked to see the Rome derby happening this soon. After blowing it last week, Roma could be reeling pretty quickly with a loss this weekend. Spalletti will be back before the winter break. Haha. Unless he's already with Fiorentina. Then Montella will be at Roma before the winter break.

Comment

When you say shocked, is that because they tweak the calendar in Serie A to shift big games to favourable dates?

Comment

Sits: Shocked because the game has come so early. Usually this match doesn't come until about mid-way through each half.

A lot of chances in the first half. The second half was a bit less exciting. None of it was exciting for me other than the penalty. Haha. Roma's defense continues to look very poor. And the mid-fielders give a way the ball in dangerous locations way too often. I think this is going to be a long season.

Comment

This may belong on the fans are Cunts thread. Is this more embarrassing than those people defending why it was actually ok to sing about lukaku's cock? I found myself dying inside reading this.

[URL]https://twitter.com/NimaTavRood/status/1168951481237692421[/URL]

Comment

Yes, though it is also completely unsurprising

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                    This may belong on the fans are Cunts thread. Is this more embarrassing than those people defending why it was actually ok to sing about lukaku's cock? I found myself dying inside reading this.

[URL]https://twitter.com/NimaTavRood/status/1168951481237692421[/URL]
                    Just found this myself on the BBC site and was about to post it on here. I can't believe that anyone could say this and expect to be taken seriously. But they are. So I find myself dying inside, too.

Comment

Emre Can not happy after being left out of the Juventus squad for the Champions League, he then tweets positively so someone has had a word.

Comment

I'm surprised we haven't had our annual PPV visit yet in light of some of the above.

Comment

Mkhitaryan scores on his debut as Roma are trouncing Sassuolo

Earlier, Bologna came from 3-1 down to beat Brescia 4-3 and Cagliari won at Parma in a match marred by very poor application of the VAR protocols (13+ minutes added on).

Comment

Roma were in control so the final score is less reflective of what happened in the match, but they did let Sassuolo back into it: a set piece and a penalty and that could have been bad. Final score 4-2.

Comment

God almighty.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ve-him-bananas

Comment

As I've been saying to friends, the increased popularity and visibility of Salvini and the Lega have legitimised the public expression of attitudes that never went away, but used to below the surface of public discourse. I'm quite sure this will be spun by many as "PC gone mad".

Meanwhile, there is significant turmoil in the world of Italian ultras.

We've already discussed the murder of the leader of Lazio's Irriducibili (thought by most to be related to his drug activity rather than football) and the shameful display by Inter's Curva Nord of a stand-wide banner in tribute to him.

Yesterday, there was a fist fight between one of Inter's original ultra leaders, who had been imprisoned on drug and extortion charges for years, but has recently re-appeared in the Curva, and one of the current leaders. Because literally everything in Italy is a gerontocracy, the guy who is 66 launched an unprovoked attack on his "successor", who is "only" 60. This didn't result in immediate problems in the Curva, but the Milanese authorities are concerned that it could cause meaningful trouble within the Inter support in the lead up to next Saturday's derby.

Today, the police arrested 12 of Juventus' most prominent ultras, including the capi of four different groups, accusing them of having controlled the Curva through a combination of threats of violence and access to illicit income streams (particularly ticket scalping/touting), with the charges including conspiracy, extortion, money laundering and assault. A total of 35 ultras have been issued ten year stadium bans.

It so happens that Tobias Jones, one of the best contemporary Anglophone writers on Italy, has just released a book on Italian Ultras, and an excerpt and interview were in the Guardian over the weekend.

He will have material for a few new chapters for the paperback.

Comment

Well, if the Italian authorities can find a way to truly solve the problem then perhaps they come move to Argentina and some other similarly problematic fan bases.

Comment

I would say that the Italian authorities are ten to fifteen years ahead of their Argentine colleagues in terms of treating these as "real" crimes, so I wouldn't be particularly worried if I was running a barra brava.

Comment

All matches this weekend will hold a minute's silence for the death of Sassuolo (and Mapei) owner Giorgio Squinzi. I don't know whether the players knew that he was in a bad way before he passed away and if that could explain their somewhat absent-minded performance against Atalanta. Their next match, against Brescia, is going to be played on Wednesday evening. Squinzi leaves a big hole at the club and Serie A more widely - Sassuolo have been a great example of the benefits of investing in your own stadium and academy.

There's a free-to-air match in the UK this weekend with Genoa v AC Milan, tomorrow at 7:45. The Derby d'Italia is the fourth of four matches that Premier Sports are showing on Sunday.

Speaking of Inter v Juve - how many coaches have managed both teams?

Comment

Quite a few, it turns out. If I'm counting correctly then Conte is the 12th.

Comment

Serie A recycles managers.

Trapattoni and Zaccheroni are among those who also managed Milan.

Comment

I make this the dozen:

Alberto Zaccheroni
                                            Aldo Olivieri
                                            Antonio Conte
                                            Carlo Carcano
                                            Claudio Ranieri
                                            Giovanni Ferrari (acting coach for Juve)
                                            Giovanni Trapattoni
                                            Heriberto Herrera
                                            Jesse Carver
                                            József Viola (another who also managed Milan)
                                            Marcello Lippi
                                            Rino Marchesi

Trap not only did both Milan clubs and Juve but also the national team.

Comment

Milan and Juventus - Capello, Allegri, Ancelotti, Trapattoni, Zaccheroni, Viola...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                I make this the dozen:

Alberto Zaccheroni
                                                Aldo Olivieri
                                                Antonio Conte
                                                Carlo Carcano
                                                Claudio Ranieri
                                                Giovanni Ferrari (acting coach for Juve)
                                                Giovanni Trapattoni
                                                Heriberto Herrera
                                                Jesse Carver
                                                József Viola (another who also managed Milan)
                                                Marcello Lippi
                                                Rino Marchesi

Trap not only did both Milan clubs and Juve but also the national team.
                                                And more importantly Ireland!

Comment

I knew someone would start picking at that scab!

Comment

Genoa v Milan was a bit of a hoot in the second half. Highlights in the usual place on YouTube - go see:
                                                    https://youtu.be/KoAqhNxLf7s

Comment

Working...
                                                    X