La liga española 2019-20 (including Pique's Andorra): opiniones y rumores aquí

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it didn't

Which is why I used "interfering with play" and why Sporting was inspired to tell us about the origins of the relevant chant

Comment

Genial, Esporting- gracias

Comment

But the chant is in spanish, as was the article he linked to!

Comment

Accidental Benidorm from TAB there

Comment

?Asi, asi, asi gana el Madrid!

https://twitter.com/marca/status/1274819733720903681[I][B][/B][/I]
            Last edited by ursus arctos; 21-06-2020, 22:02.

Comment

I'm not up to date with the new handball rule change but, unless they have now deemed that the shoulder is part of the arm, then the Benzema goal was not handball.

Comment

That did look like it struck his shoulder from the one angle they showed on the highlights. I see Adnan januzaj is still on the go. Great shot but that guy was definitely offside.

Comment

Yeah, I had thought that the new interpretations had not yet come into effect, but I can't find evidence of La Liga taking advantage of the option to delay that until the start of next season.

Though that to me is much more upper arm than shoulder. The directive speaks of the area above the bottom of the armpit (when standing up) as being ok, which would seem to cover this case.

Comment

From one angle it looks upper arm, from another it looks like shoulder. Just like cricket, it takes multiple angles to finally come to a conclusion.

​​​​​​This weekend, both my teams - west brom and real Madrid - moved to the top of their respective tables on goal difference. Not boasting, I promise, I just wanted to highlight the synchronicity.

Comment

Geez Louise, these games are coming thick and fast. I only found out yesterday that Betis sacked their manager, Rubi, over the weekend. Yes they have only got one point in the three games since lockdown but they are 8 points clear of the last relegation spot so there was really no need to pull the trigger.

Comment

Mallorca have just brought on 15 year old Luka Romero for the last few minutes away to Real. I think they've said he is the youngest La Liga debutant ever.

Comment

He looks it.

https://twitter.com/PhilKitro/status/1275907359710289921

Record had stood for more than 80 years

Comment

Currently it's Barca 2 Atleti 2. 3 penalties, two from Saul and the other was Messi's 700th. Plus an og from Diego Costa. Less than 5 minutes to go, plus injury time. Not that I'm counting.

Comment

Greizmann and Fati both on as late subs. Injury time.

Comment

Get your place at Cibeles now, Jon

Comment

Full time! More dropped points for Barca. We have Getafe at home on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    Get your place at Cibeles now, Jon

Ha ha! Yes, I have been there two times, I think. Maybe three. For Champions League wins, not league wins. Not counting chickens though. Getafe are a very good side.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                      Currently it's Barca 2 Atleti 2. 3 penalties, two from Saul and the other was Messi's 700th. Plus an og from Diego Costa. Less than 5 minutes to go, plus injury time. Not that I'm counting.
                                      Presumably this list must be counting his goals for Barca B? Yes, seems to be adding B and C team goals, along with those for Argentina youth teams.
                                      Last edited by Diable Rouge; 30-06-2020, 22:15.

Comment

No, but includes goals for Argentina

Comment

It's an insane number.

Comment

I managed to miss out on Barcelona swapping arthur for miralem pjanic in a transfer deal that couldn't more obviously be a tawdry scam if they had all tattooed "tawdry scam" all over their faces.

Maybe Barcelona wanted desperately wanted to swap their 23 year old midfielder for a 30 year old midfielder, but one thing that is going to happen is that this deal is going to allow them to miraculously to put a €50 million transfer profit on their accounts at the end of this season, leaving future club boards to deal with the costs of this little sleight of hand.

Comment

Good game so far in the early kick off at the new San Mames. 0-0 at half time but there have been some good chances for both Athletic and Madrid. It's hot and I think there will be goals in the second half.

Comment

0-1. Another Ramos penalty. Scored about the same time as his against Getafe the other night.

Comment

Followed shortly by Ramos trodding on Garcia's foot in the area, which goes unpunished (of course)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    Followed shortly by Ramos trodding on Garcia's foot in the area, which goes unpunished (of course)
                                                    Interesting stat I came across today. Ramos is the most sent off player in both Champions League and La Liga history. For Spain, he has 170 appearances and a record number of yellow cards yet he has never been sent off.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X