Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    1. FC Nürnberg spent four seasons in the 2. Bundesliga before being promoted in 17-18, only to be relegated at the first time of asking last season. It was their fourth separate stint in the lower tier this century. Once one of Germany's most celebrated clubs, they are now very much a Fahrstuhlmannschaft (elevator team).

Hannover 96 have been rather more stable, remaining in the 1. Bundesliga since promotion in 2002, only to be relegated last season.
    I'm not googling this, but there's no way Hannover 96 were in the 1. Bundesliga non-stop in that time.

Comment

Comment

Fuck off, you just knocked that up out of nothing, in your ursus chamber. It even looks like a lawyer's graph, that.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
          Major handbags at the end of the Freiberg v Frankfurt match. With a minute left in additional time and Eintracht down 1-0 on the scoreboard and 10 men on the pitch their captain, Abraham, raced to the touchline and leveled Freiberg's manager with a body check. It looked like a baseball brawl as both benches erupted, cards of both colours were flashed by the ref and, naturally, VAR had to review the entire event adding about ten minutes to a match that was, to all intents and purposes, already over.
          [URL]https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1193605399515193344?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I'm not sharing new news with this one but Bayern's claim to their title just started on Saturday with a big win over Dortmund. The final score, as lopsided as it was, doesn't even do justice to their dominance. I can't think of many opportunities for Dortmund. The good thing from a Dortmund perspective is that the season is relatively young so second place is still an option. PSG has settled their season but Juve and Bayern have tried to make everyone feel like something could still happen in their respective leagues.

The BT video is blocked in the US but I saw the footage via an Australian news site. The slow motion replay shows that the coach was saying something but still, that's some childish behavior. I'm shocked, though, that the melee that ensued was just pushing and shoving, which differs from some MLB brawls where punches are actually thrown.
            Last edited by danielmak; 11-11-2019, 00:44.

Comment

I don't normally do BM games but now Alphonso Davies is getting regular minutes I watched the Bayern v Dortmund match too. I guess Bayern had something to prove after last week's debacle but you're right, the score flattered Dortmund. I haven't actually seen them play well yet this year, but that's probably coincidence.

Re: the Freiberg v Frankfurt fracas. Abraham had been losing his cool for the final ten minutes or so, ever since he was blown up for an iffy foul. I think Freiberg's coach, while he didn't actually obstruct him as he ran to pick up the ball for the throw in, certainly didn't get out of the way and may have slightly edged into his path. I didn't see any punches either but Grifo, one of Freiberg's unused subs, "face-washed" Abraham pretty vigorously and got a red card for it.
              Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 11-11-2019, 01:22.

Comment

Hannover were relegated in 2016, after 14 straight seasons in the 1. Bundesliga.

Comment

I thought G-Man might be reporting on the excellent Köln stadium announcer. After the Hoffenheim winner, the guy through the tannoy started the usual announcement about who scored and what the score is now, "And in the 97th. minute of play... it makes you puke." ("Es ist zum Kotzen!"). Felt really sorry for Köln, I have to say, and their coach seemed like a really decent bloke too.

Abraham has previous - he got away with elbowing Sandro Wagner in the face before there was video evidence, and although he's a great player and a great bloke off the field, he's annoyingly habitual at underhanded play and then dramatically claiming his innocence. I agree with AdeC, though, that Streich definitely made no effort to get out of his way. Still, the body check was inexcusable. The red-carded Freiburger, Vicenzo Grifo, used to play for FSV Frankfurt and has recently been called into the Italian squad.He's good, but I'm not sure he's that good. NB: Abraham has apologised to everybody blah blah, and he and Streich made up after the game, but he's facing a lengthy ban.

Oh, and it should perhaps be mentioned that Arminia Bielefeld are top of BL2 and playing like possessed fucking demons. My favourite Arminia player of all time, Fabian Klos, is in the form of his life.

Comment

The stadium announcer articuated everybody's feeling. The only positive is that the defeat brought the short era Beierlorzer to an end. The man seems very nice, but he was out of his depth. Armin Veh fucked off before the game, which is just as well.

Now Köln need a successor for Veh AND Beierlorzer, and the idea seems to be that the new sports director must have a say in the appointment of a new coach. Squad planner Aehlig is in the gig on an interim basis. It night be a good idea to keep him there.

As for a now coach.. Lord have mercy. Labbadia has already said, "Not a fuck will I coach your sad sack of losers" (because he is so sought after at the moment, the wanker). Names like Korkut, Keller and Weinzierl are being mentioned, which makes me want to weep. Roger Schmidt has been mentioned, even though he's known to hate Köln; the fans will not like that one bit. Whoever bets the gig, I fear the worst. Bring back Stöger.

Two years ago, when Stöger got the sack, there was talk of Köln considering Marco Rose. If Rose ever considered the notion, he dodged a bullet.

Comment

Veh only fucked off at half-time. There was a shot of him sitting passively after the Köln goal while all around him were celebrating. He was fucking useless as Frankfurt coach second time around, and I've no idea what qualities anybody thought he would bring to Köln as sporting director. Which brings me to Stöger - never go back to where you were once successful. It rarely seems to work, with the notable exception of Colin Murphy at Lincoln in the late 80s (I'm sure you're aware of that one).

Still, plenty of other candidates around, what with all the firings this weekend. I hope for your sake it's not Roger Schmidt, though - I fucking hate that referee-baiting snake.

Comment

Stoger's time at Dortmund was brief. I think he was hired a few days after Koln fired him. But he worked some temporary magic with Dortmund, who were a mess when he was hired. Of course, 1/2 season +/- was a small window compared to his time at Koln. And he wasn't re-hired at the end of the season.

Comment

Latest rumour is Pal Derdai. Not an inspiring prospect, but at least more solid than some of the names that have been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                            Latest rumour is Pal Derdai. Not an inspiring prospect, but at least more solid than some of the names that have been mentioned.
                            I think Pal Dardai will suffer from the same affliction as Thomas Schaaf and Holger Stanislawski: effective coaching the team he played for for years, considerable less effective elsewhere.

Comment

Gisdol and Heldt

Not exactly a dream team

Comment

Not the pair I'd have chosen. If they keep us up, I'll take that for the time being.

Gisdol is made for a good relegation scrap, maybe even more so than Dardai (who, I guess, knew that and declined the offer). And given that the remaining names traded were Korkut and Weinzierl, I'm relieved it's Gisdol and not them. As for Heldt, the board really didn't want him. The business manager and interim sports director wanted him, and in absence of any other viable candidates, the board had to okay him. So Heldt starts with as target on is back.

Interesting move by Mainz to appoint Beierlorzer, a guy just fired by a club below them, whose inexperience in the top-flight had him found out. I like Beierlorzer, and he had to deal with a team that didn't bother to run for him. If he keeps Mainz up, he night be the guy to rebuild the team. But I'm not sure he's the guy to have in charge in a relegation scrap. And given the circumstances, I can't wish him good luck.

Comment

Wtf is going on this evening in Dortmund?

Comment

BvB have been awful. Alcacer is off hurt. And they are 3-0 down to Paderborn, who may still be the worst team in the top five European leagues.

Comment

They appear to have picked a defence containing only snails. And the right-back is a particularly asthmatic gastropod. With a sore foot. The second and third goals were straightforward balls over his head into the channel. On the third he had a ten yard head start and was still beaten to the ball by five!

Comment

BvB have been awful. Alcacer is off hurt. And they are 3-0 down to Paderborn, who may still be the worst team in the top five European leagues.
                                        Paderborn Paderborned it. Sadly.

Comment

So is it still just me and Jogi who think Hummels has been too slow for the national team for at least two years now?
                                          Last edited by imp; 23-11-2019, 10:31. Reason: missing word - tsk.

Comment

Never mind Hummels, what is Weigl doing playing centre-back?

Comment

He's personifying the fact that a strong squad doesn't necessarily mean a good team. And that Favre is a coach who picks his team by randomly throwing darts at a squad picture and hoping that it will all somehow work out.

Comment

https://twitter.com/UnioninEnglisch/status/1198275430282858497

Union take down the league leaders (and the "Western" club that many Union fans supported during the DDR)

Comment

Of the six games so far, onky Union's ended in a home win. May it continue to be a day for away teams

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                                    So is it still just me and Jogi who think Hummels has been too slow for the national team for at least two years now?
                                                    Sort-of referring to what you wrote:

My father was obsessed with the size of Hummels' arse as far back as the 2014 World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X