No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the Union vs Hertha derby yesterday. It felt like a real throwback to watch a game played in front of packed terracing, but proceedings were undermined by the launching of fireworks onto the pitch and into neighbouring stands, a homophobic banner and an attempted pitch invasion.

The game should have ended 0-0, only for Union to be awarded a late penalty. My instinct was that it wasn't a foul, that pressure from the defender forced the attacker to shoot earlier than he would like and there was then incidental (and accidental) contact between them.

Comment

I'm extremely biased, but agree that the penalty was marginal. I was surprised at how certain the referee was after watching the video.

For the first ever Bundesliga derby between the sides, it was very traditional in terms of atmosphere and "passion" outweighing decent football to a massive degree.

Comment

Yep, when Mr Aytekin drew his 'air oblong' I assumed he would reverse his decision after looking at the telly.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post
          I watched the Union vs Hertha derby yesterday. It felt like a real throwback to watch a game played in front of packed terracing, but proceedings were undermined by the launching of fireworks onto the pitch and into neighbouring stands, a homophobic banner and an attempted pitch invasion.

The game should have ended 0-0, only for Union to be awarded a late penalty. My instinct was that it wasn't a foul, that pressure from the defender forced the attacker to shoot earlier than he would like and there was then incidental (and accidental) contact between them.
          This is impressive in its own way, but also more than slightly disturbing in many other ways:

Comment

And the first coach to be sacked in the Bundesliga this season: Niko Kovac.

Köln should grab him. Don't let Beierlorzer wait for the inevitable.

Comment

Fucking Bayern München mindset. Oh no! We're trailing FOUR POINTS after ten games! Sack the coach!

Short-termist idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                Fucking Bayern München mindset. Oh no! We're trailing FOUR POINTS after ten games! Sack the coach!

Short-termist idiots.
                I think most people expected him to be fired last year but then they rebounded after a poor start. I don't know why they don't simply convince Heynckes to stay with the club and then also quit looking starry-eyed to other coaches that have success elsewhere. They've had two steady coaches in the last two decades and then a bunch of turnover. But I'm hoping for chaos with them all season and that Dortmund can get their act together.

Comment

Kovac had lost the dressing room; partly because Rummenigge and Hoeness undermined him at every turn. The double papered over the cracks, but talk is that Kovac couldn't handle the stress of dealing with a bunch of divas on the pitch and in the boardroom, and with the weight of expectations. Apparently he offered the quit, and Kalle/Uli probably bit off his hand before he was finished making that offer...

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                    Were you at the game imp?
                    I actually had a press accreditation on Saturday, but my U11 girls team also had a game at 3pm... I wasn't too bothered because I can't handle the tension of games like that, even though I'd boldly forecast a 2-0 win for Eintracht. So anyway, I got home in time for the second half, which impette 2 and I duly celebrated in raucous fashion, culminating in a bottle of Sekt and then a night out on the town. Probably better experiencing the game that way than trying to behave in the press box.

Comment

Impressive effort by Eintracht. Let's hope the Bayern hangover lasts into the next international break

Alas I can't make the trip but there should be a good turnout from Army Group Rhein Main. Most will congregate at that dodgy Oirish pub by the Hauptbahnhof or in Alt Sachsenhausen, although the culture tourists will be off to Heidelberg. Good job it isn't at Dortmund or Schalke, too close to the Dambusters for my liking...

Comment

I'll be there, attending my first international game as a German citizen... That Irish pub's not too bad, though it's more of a place for passers-through. Does a decent enough fish and chips.

Comment

Looking like Arsene Wenger will take the Bayern job for the rest of the season, although Jose Mourinho is bizarrely still the bookie's favourite.

Comment

Still at the rumour stage (and kicker doesn't seem convinced), but they are running out of choices as Rangnick and Tuchel have both declared a profound lack of interest and Ten Hag has confirmed that he is not available this season.

Comment

Mourinho at Bayern would be hysterical though.

Comment

That's a big first game for Arsene.

Comment

Out of interest can someone tell me where Hoffenheim get their fans? The village has only 3000+ souls, as does the burg with the stadium, so where does everyone come from?

Comment

They draw from the entire region, including Heidelberg. Sinsheim (where the ground is) has over 35,000 people.

Comment

Ah I must have misread it as 3,500.

Comment

No, the village of Hoffenheim has fewer than 3,500 people, but that isn't where the ground is.

Comment

Bayern have publicly stated that Wenger "is not an option".

Comment

That Bayern-Wenger story is funny. Basically, Bayern is suggesting that Wenger was all ready to jump into bed with them. Wenger says, "They called, and out of politeness, I called them back. But they haven't romanced me, so, meh..."

Comment

Meanwhile, fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking VAR.

Last night, the third game in a row that VAR fucked Köln. 95 minutes played at 1-1, Drexler clears the ball, and in the follow-through touches the foot of a Hoffenheim striker who had been challenging for the ball. It's 50/50 call. At first, the ref (the notoriously useless Kampka) gives a free-kick to Köln. VAR interferes; penalty. Hoffenheim get a lucky winner; even their coach was slightly embarrassed at their unmerited fortune.

Normally I'd say it was just one of those things. But coming after Köln were denied two clear, absolutely nailed-on penalties in the previous two Bundesliga games, both of which could have turned the game against fellow relegation strugglers, this VAR shit isn't working out very well.

Against Mainz, VAR might have worked, but the referee decided against a penalty. A decision the DFB declared incorrect.

Against Düsseldorf, there were two strong penalty shouts. The second was 100% a penalty; VAR didn't notice...

Comment

I just caught the last 5 mins there of the Darmstadt v Jahn Regensburg game, and what a 5 minutes it was. The away side was 1-0 up only for Darmstadt to score twice to completely turn it around. Deep into injury time Jahn Regensburg swing a hopeful cross in from the left, the Darmstadt keeper makes a right tit of it and it goes in via the striker's chest, who can't believe his luck.

Nurnberg and Hannover are two teams I'd usually associate with the top flight but I see they both just got humped and find themselves in a relegation battle. When these these two become "crisis clubs"?

Comment

Major handbags at the end of the Freiberg v Frankfurt match. With a minute left in additional time and Eintracht down 1-0 on the scoreboard and 10 men on the pitch their captain, Abraham, raced to the touchline and leveled Freiberg's manager with a body check. It looked like a baseball brawl as both benches erupted, cards of both colours were flashed by the ref and, naturally, VAR had to review the entire event adding about ten minutes to a match that was, to all intents and purposes, already over.

Comment

1. FC Nürnberg spent four seasons in the 2. Bundesliga before being promoted in 17-18, only to be relegated at the first time of asking last season. It was their fourth separate stint in the lower tier this century. Once one of Germany's most celebrated clubs, they are now very much a Fahrstuhlmannschaft (elevator team).

Hannover 96 have been rather more stable, remaining in the 1. Bundesliga since promotion in 2002, only to be relegated last season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X