Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His second goal as a pro.

Comment

Not a good day for the giants. HSV crashing. And doing so losing 1-5. At home. Against Sandhausen. I mean, that takes some sinking in.

But also, N?rnberg managed to get themselves half-relegated. I see no guarantee that they'll beat whichever 3. Liga contender they'll face.

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to post - have just stopped laughing after Sandhausen's fifth goal four and a half hours ago. Looking forward to the video of the Diekmeier family's reaction back home on the sofa.

While Bielefeld did everything they possibly could. I'm also looking forward to seeing Klos in the Bundesliga, I haven't loved a striker this much since Percy Freeman. I hope they hold on to their best players and can add one or two.

Still, the last nine rounds without fans have been, for the most part, utterly shite to watch, no matter what happened on the field. I still wish they'd cancelled the season.

Comment

Good piece about Schalke's decline.

https://amp.dw.com/en/the-schalke-sl...mpression=true

Comment

An interesting piece in The New York Times about the impact of fans on goals per game:
            https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/s...many-data.html

There has been some talk in this thread among the US residents about Fox. I fully expect Fox to pull a Fox and bring back their announcers who have been doing nothing with Bundesliga since the re-start. We'll get guys who have only been paying attention to MLS telling us about things we can all see on the screen. But hopefully I'm wrong about that and we get the international feed commentary.

Comment

ESPN+ has Bundesliga next season. Not sure how many will make it to ESPN or ESPN2. If you can understand Spanish, it is promising commentary options in Spanish.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...h%20languages.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 02-07-2020, 09:05.

Comment

ESPN+ is currently $4.99 per month; it is the best deal of any TV options given the leagues shown: Serie A, EFL x3, FA Cup, national team qualifiers, plus a variety of US leagues, Mexican league/cup, and Scandinavian leagues. This will be better for anyone with decent internet speeds since I assume every Bundesliga game will be shown (as has been the case with Serie A).

The playoff game was a bit of a dud in terms of what I watched (listened more than watched). The commentary team seemed to treat this as a rough go for Bremen because of the 0-0. I personally hate it when a team I follow ends up with a scoreless draw on the road in the first leg. In this instance, Bremen has more options to advance because a scoring draw does the business. Of course, a scoreless draw is better than losing for Heidenheim but I would expect Bremen will hold on to the Bundesliga spot by winning 0-1 or ending up with a scoring draw.

Comment

A goalless draw will do the job too as the top league club is thus favoured in these play-offs.

Comment

Heidenheim can beat Werder. It's not good that away-goals apply in play-offs, though.

Comment

I don't think it's good they apply at any stage.

Comment

Alaba with a world-class free kick to open the scoring in the Pokal.

Comment

Gnabry probably finishes it already.

Comment

First Leverkusen miss a sitter, and then their keeper spills a soft Lewandowski shot into the net between his legs.

Comment

Bender at least pulls one back.

Comment

Could have been a second through Havertz.

Comment

And Lewandowski gets the fourth.

Comment

Consolation penalty for Havertz.

Comment

That was a real could-not-give-a-fuck final. More important stuff was settled today: Wurzburg join Braunschweig as Aufsteiger into the 2. Bundesliga, and Ingolstadt will meet Nurnberg in the play-off. The coronavirus break really screwed Duisburg over.

At the other end of the table, Zwickau saved themselves at the expense of Chemnitz, who'll join Preussen Munster, Sonnenhof Grossaspach and Jena on the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                        I would expect Bremen will hold on to the Bundesliga spot by winning 0-1 or ending up with a scoring draw.
                                        Well, that was pretty accurate.

Comment

If you want to see why Heidenheim's defeat robs us of the joy we need, just check out the first picture in this thread:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...in-team-photos

I love him so much.

Comment

I don't know if this was the most exciting game but the goals came at good times to create some drama within the match, and the quality of the playoff was certainly better than last year (although Union's promotion last year was a really nice story). I don't watch 2 Bundesliga matches so don't know if Heindenheim had the qualities to stay up in the Bundesliga. I'd have to assume that Bremen can turn it around and be more competitive than Heindenheim. At this point, I only care about two things: Bayern not winning the league and Dortmund not going down. I'd love it if Dortmund could win the league, but I would be happy if someone other than Bayern, Juve, PSG, and the Spain duopoly wins their respective leagues next season. Given that hope, the romance of a smaller side beating a former powerhouse that would normally impact my sense of promotion/relegation has waned. I just want to see a new champion.

Comment

I was doing some web sleuthing on the Alter Herren team my dad played for in the late 70's in Germany - and fell down a rabbit hole on German football pyramid. My first diversion was to see what happened to the big news team of the late 70's from Krefeld - KFC Uerdingen 05. I see they are still in Liga 3. My brother and I took a road trip to see them play in easter 1980 - when they were struggling in the top division.

So next whatever happened to Dynamo Berlin - who I saw play at Anfield in 1972 in the Fairs Cup. I see they are in a lower regional league (6th level?) playing as SC Berlin. They don't even play with the D anymore.

Finally Alemannia Aachen another team we saw play in 1980 in the a real lower league boozefest. They are back n the Regionaliga West, having been in the top division just in 2007. Is there a team playing in a lower level than this, that was in the top division since 1980 ?

Comment

There is a Berliner FC Dynamo that lays claim to the Stasi club's titles.

They play in the Regionalliga, which is the fourth tier nationally. Their group includes a number of other former DDR "names" (Lok Leipzig won it in the season just completed, Energie Cottbus and Chemie Leipzig are still in it), along with Hertha Reserves and some of the better Berlin-based amateurs including Berliner AK 07 (a club with very strong Turkish ties) and Viktoria Berlin (which claims descent from a leading 19th c. club).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_FC_Dynamo

BFC Dynamo still play at the Jahn Sportpark and still wear claret, but no longer use the "D"

Last edited by ursus arctos; 06-08-2020, 23:06.

Comment

Thanks Ursus. 'Pool played both Dynamo Berlin and Dynamo Dresden in the 72/73 season UEFA Cup (i forget it stopped being the Fairs Cup in 71), along with Eintracht Frankfurt and of course ,Borussia Moenchengladbach in the final. Went to all these games except the final.

Comment

Dynamo Dresden are still very much a thing, though they were just relegated from the 2. Bundesliga to the (still national) 3. Liga

And their crest should be very familiar

Comment

Working...
                                                    X