No announcement yet.

Hollerbach's Knackwurst - Bundesliga 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a crazy day of football. Three 3-3 draws and a 2-2 decided by penalty shoot-outs, all won by the team from the higher division. Plus Frankfurt's 5-3 thanks to Rebic's hat-trick... 64 goals in 11 games.

Comment

Halle score a third in injury time to equalize against Wolfsburg, who are down to ten men.

Meanwhile, in the construction site that passes for their ground, Karlsruhe lead Hannover 2-0.

Comment

Well, Wolfsburg have taken a 5-3 lead in extra-time. But it looks like another insane game. Is this the 1950s?

Comment

Yeah, two well worked goals in the first five minutes of extra time.

But there certainly has been a retro vibe to the scorelines.

Comment

1-1 after five minutes as BvB entertain Augsburg

It is going to take me at least month to get used to Paderborn being in the top flight

Comment

You had practice a few years ago.

Good thing I missed Köln's match in Wolfsburg, which they lost 2-1. Apparently they were denied a pretty clear penalty, even on VAR review. Good to know that VAR doesn't interfere with some traditions.

BVB in the end beat Augsburg 5-1. Surprise score of the day: Werder - Düsseldorf 1-3

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                It is going to take me at least month to get used to Paderborn being in the top flight
                I only saw a few minutes but they gave a decent account of themselves at Kaiserslautern.

Comment

As they did in Leverkusen.

And they've been there before (though that was followed by consecutive relegations).

It's just a mental block of mine.

Comment

Duh... I meant Leverkusen of course (my brain's cottage cheese these days.)

Comment

Bayern now have wrapped up the loan signings of Coutinho and Perisic. Good to know that for once they are not pillaging the best players of their competitors.

Comment

Union well schooled by Franchise Leipzig today. I gotta say, much as I love to watch any ex-QPR player in a top league, the fact that Seb Polter is getting a game for Union makes me seriously fear for their chances.

Comment

Cruelly, Franchise scored just seconds after the Union fans had completed their 15-minute protest of silence against the "Construct RB Leipzig".

Comment

Not at all unhappy I missed that, to be quite honest

Comment

Didn't watch the highlights this weekend. Hertha's 2:2 draw at Bayern obviously raises an eyebrow, but are Bayern still wobbly or did we underestimate the Berliners?

Comment

A bit of both, I suspect.

Meanwhile, Bayern have released a statement to the effect that the terms of the agreement between them and Barcelona governing the Countinho deal will be kept strictly confidential, by mutual consensus.

Barcelona also released a statement: "Bayern is paying 8,5 million euros and the player’s salary. The agreement further gives Bayern a buying option for the fixed amount of 120 million euros.”

Firstly, define "confidential". Secondly, sounds like a panic move by Bayern. 8,5 million euros for a loan deal? That's more than some Bundesliga clubs' most costly transfer.

Comment

I don't know how accurate the figures (from Wiki) are, but some "loan deals" can have some pretty large costs attached. For instance, when Chelsea loaned Higuain from Juve last season they paid paid them Ł8.1m (not sure that was good business!) whilst, in the other direction, Zouma's services cost the Toffees Ł7.11m.

If you trust the figures, Chelsea's loan outs last season generated just south of Ł17m.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                    A bit of both, I suspect.

Meanwhile, Bayern have released a statement to the effect that the terms of the agreement between them and Barcelona governing the Countinho deal will be kept strictly confidential, by mutual consensus.

Barcelona also released a statement: "Bayern is paying 8,5 million euros and the player’s salary. The agreement further gives Bayern a buying option for the fixed amount of 120 million euros.”

Firstly, define "confidential". Secondly, sounds like a panic move by Bayern. 8,5 million euros for a loan deal? That's more than some Bundesliga clubs' most costly transfer.
                                    That's how much Swansea paid Bayern for Renato Sanches when we had him on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                                      Didn't watch the highlights this weekend. Hertha's 2:2 draw at Bayern obviously raises an eyebrow, but are Bayern still wobbly or did we underestimate the Berliners?
                                      Bayern looked as if they'd walk it early on, and might have with slightly more clinical finishing. But Hertha hung in and took the few chances they had very well.

Comment

I got BT Sport free for three months the other day and was in 1. & 2. BL heaven over the weekend with five live matches. It reminds me of being 20 and having Sky all over again.

Comment

https://twitter.com/archiert1/status/1164966670747787265

Comment

Well, Hennes' debut started well, and Köln were good value to be 2-0 up before Dortmund equalised in the 70th, and took the lead in the 86th. The their goal came at the death from a counterattack. Köln's new young defender Sebastiaan Bornauw looks very promising indeed. He'll play for a big team before too long, if tonight's performance is an indicator.

Comment

Back from Berlin where I enjoyed seeing Union gear in the souvenir shops, though I've always liked Hertha's flag badge. I of course have a pre-Wende Union badge given to me by my pal who did his year abroad at Neues Deutschland.

Sadly there was no tv in the apartment so mssed highlights of Gladbach's 1:3 at Mainz. I DID however pick up a Sonderheft and a Bilanz (last season in excruciating detail, same price) and while playing with my Stecktabelle came to see the great difficulty of getting the tabs into the Bundesliga top 5 (knives ultimately required) as a deeply profound metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                                I of course have a pre-Wende Union badge given to me by my pal who did his year abroad at Neues Deutschland.
                                                Holy shit, that must be worth a memoir. I've still got a copy from my trip to the DDR in 1985. What a dreary fucking propaganda rag. Did they have him writing up anti-Thatcher trades for the editorial page?

Comment

No - just translating press releases, I think. He did write a memoir, but rather more focused on his terminal brain tumour. I remember him telling me how pleased he was to see Blutwurst (see- thread relevance! or two years' ago's, anyway) on the canteen menu. Then the horror of piercing it with his knife and watery blood contents deluging his kartoffelsalat.

Comment

Your mate's first name wasn't Ivan by any chance, was it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X