• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're all Wednesday, aren't we?

Then again.

Perhaps not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...shire-48673943

Isn't it printed on the collar of last season's shirt? I wonder if it's on the 2019-2020 shirt as well? Could be awkward.

Comment

A quick search on the IPO website shows that Norwich registered "On the ball City" in 2011 but have not trademarked "OTBC" (in fact, nobody has by the looks of it).

Comment

Aye.

WAWAW is stitched inside the collar, IIRC

(For GHE, obviously)

Comment

I didn't know the middle W stood for Wednesday.

Comment

Very droll.

For some reason, I thought that WAWAW was something invented by the club. It's certainly nothing mentioned by my Wednesday supporting mates ❨albeit I have never asked them directly about it, to be fair❩

Comment

It was a phrase created by the fans roughly a decade back, the club started putting it on the kit and releasing it as part of general merchandise about five years ago.

We still haven't seen the new kit incidentally and it's "not imminent". Like we still haven't seen the accounts for the 2018 season and hence are under another transfer embargo. Rather handy timing of the club to leak this story on the same day one might think.

Comment

Ah, that would make sense. It's not the club's confection but recent enough not to be picked up by my mates who are in the exiled irregular attender bracket.

Comment

Working...
                X