Dis-appointed Managers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    In a blow for nominative determinism, Jolley was apparently sacked/mutual consented because of a "foul-mouthed tirade" at two Radio Humberside journalists. As in, he told them they were shit at their jobs and should ask him questions instead of sniping behind his back, with a lot of effing and jeffing as you'd expect when someone is agitated.

Instead of just shrugging it off, these pricks have complained to the club because he hurt their feelings, and Jolley walked rather than face disciplinary action. Ridiculous.

I hope Grimsby get relegated. Although I hoped that before this situation arose, to be fair.
    It's quite amusing given Fenty's own tirade against Radio Humberside in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
      "Come and join us, European competitions are such a distraction, we won't bother with them next season. But you'll love London."
      Whatever Mourinho might have in store for us, any lack of European football next season won't have been down to him.

Comment

Oh, sure. But what he's offering (barring unlikely victories this season) is the possibility of something to look forward to nearly 2 years after they join the club. I don't know if players' attention spans last that long, or if Spurs can stump up the cash to make up for the delay.

Not that I'm really that bothered, except that the process of elimination made Tottenham the least disliked title contenders (when they were), and it's annoying to have that slight level of interest taken away.

Brendan Rodgers, Jamie Vardy, your rehabilitation starts now.

Comment

even the arsenal fans at work have left a respectful distance for our tribe to get over the shock

Comment

My Arsenal supporting friends are laughing their backsides off.

Comment

its times like this when i can imagine my old Dad's smug look as he talks about it endless to me and his grandkids

least i dont have to endure that for the 21 months of the mourinho era

Comment

The weird thing is if Spurs wanted a toxic arsehole whose approach to football has been out-evolved, Neil Warnock would have been a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                  Oh, sure. But what he's offering (barring unlikely victories this season) is the possibility of something to look forward to nearly 2 years after they join the club. I don't know if players' attention spans last that long, or if Spurs can stump up the cash to make up for the delay.

Not that I'm really that bothered, except that the process of elimination made Tottenham the least disliked title contenders (when they were), and it's annoying to have that slight level of interest taken away.

Brendan Rodgers, Jamie Vardy, your rehabilitation starts now.
                  Oh, their rehabilitation is in full swing - and they've been surprisingly enjoyable to watch. Now all about whether it can last.

Viz Tottenham, Levy's alleged lack of funds has surely already been debunked - JM is on twice what Poch was getting and almost certainly wouldn't have signed up without guarantee of ready dosh for signings, which the revised debt plan will supposedly enable. (The one silver lining here, in my book - if hugely insulting to our departing manager.)

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                  My Arsenal supporting friends are laughing their backsides off.
                  Pah - that lot are fooling nobody.

Comment

I get the impression that Arsenal fans are laughing both because you've ended up with Mourinho, and because they are now relieved that they won't when Emery eventually gets the boot.

Comment

I know 'why' they are - just not buying their smugness.

Comment

maybe itll be a masterstroke and jose will be the long term successful manager who becomes beloved as bill nic.

paxton road will be renamed mourinho walk in honour of his being moved upstairs to the board in 2029.

Comment

If Poch had supposed "unreconstructed" views on race, wonder how the dressing room
                          will take the Full Fash Mou?

Comment

ive never heard that about poch

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                              ive never heard that about poch
                              I think it's his regular descriptions of his black footballers as "beasts" and "animals".

Comment

Dont be fooled by the smug Arsenal fans - they are shit scared that if Mourinho pans out at Tottenham then they are pretty much anchored in at #3 in the London pecking order.

Edit - Remember, Arsenal ruled the roost in London from the late 1980s up until Mourinho pitched up at Stamford Bridge.
                                Last edited by Cesar Rodriguez; 22-11-2019, 18:15.

Comment

It is rumoured that West Ham and Everton are locked in battle for the services of David Moyes.

Fuck.

Me.

Running.

Comment

Clubs Walking Backwards For Christmas, as per The Goons song.

Comment

I had to check whether Moyes had been manager at West Ham. I thought he had but couldn't remember when.

...less than two seasons ago!

Comment

Emery gone.

Comment

Unsurprising.

Comment

They could have waited until the afternoon.

Comment

Ljungberg as caretaker. Wonder if he'll do a Solksjaer?

Comment

They should appoint Chris Wilder.

Comment

It will just be A. N. Other random Continental manager, I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                    Emery gone.

Dick's out.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X