Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ram looks to be giving him quite the push out the door

Comment

https://twitter.com/DTguardian/statu...76776708022273 Seems that Martin O' Neil has been sacked as Forest manager.

Maybe he didn't like the new kit and gave an ultimatum
      Last edited by RobW; 28-06-2019, 12:31.

Comment

Haha

Comment

Confirmed - https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...lub-statement/

Comment

And Sabri Lamouchi installed as Head Coach.

Comment

Sol Campbell has left Macclesfield.

Comment

The curse of stuffing Orient?

Comment

He hasn't been paid since last season apparently.

Comment

Huddersfield's defeat tonight brings the latest departure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49319183

Comment

Not really surprising given their form at the end of last season as well.

Comment

Maybe they should have gone with Martin from Wakefield after all.

Comment

Phil Parkinson resigns from the whatever remains of Bolton.

Comment

Keith Hill in as Bolton manager. Excellent appointment with two very good stretches at Rochdale under his belt - admittedly his time at Barnsley not so succesful - and just the kind of honest, decent and lower league savvy guy they need at the helm right now. If I was a Wanderers' fan I'd be delighted.

Comment

They can still avoid relegation: 16 points from safety but still 123 up for grabs

Comment

His time at Barnsley wasn't as bad as some people make out. We played some decent football at times with a five nil win at Birmingham being a highlight. Flitcroft in as his assistant too, which is good.

Comment

Huddersfield approached the Cowleys to be their new manager, compensation price was met, but duo have declined the offer. Rumour is that Sheffield Wednesday are interested too, but DC aware that they've got a really good thing going on here, from the academy to the first team with a great new infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                    Huddersfield approached the Cowleys to be their new manager, compensation price was met, but duo have declined the offer. Rumour is that Sheffield Wednesday are interested too, but DC aware that they've got a really good thing going on here, from the academy to the first team with a great new infrastructure.
                                    I can't see either of those options being particularly enticing at the moment.

Comment

I'm not sure it'd be a great move for the Cowleys - they'd have to cope with an ageing squad, interfering chairman, dodgy finances and a demanding fanbase. Historically we've also not got a great record with up and coming young managers, we haven't had a successful appointment of this type since Harry Catterick.

Still the alternative seems to be Pulis, so it could be worse.

Comment

Looks like you can rest easy Rob - Wednesday have called a press conference for 4pm and Sky Sources* claim that Garry Monk is to be appointed our new manager.

*they've noticed Monk's odds plummeted on the betting markets overnight

Comment

Garry Monk? What could possibly go wrong?

I'd have thought he'd have had to wait rather longer until the whispers about his dodgy dealings at Boro and Birmingham died down.
                                          Last edited by cantagalo; 06-09-2019, 13:29.

Comment

Gracia gone at Watford.

Comment

And already replaced, Quique Sánchez Flores being reappointed of

Comment

Very strong rumours this morning that Danny Cowley has agreed to become Huddersfield Town manager. Obviously nothing confirmed atm, but think this might be it. Absolutely gutted.

I think I need the rest of the week off. I feel sick.
                                                Last edited by RobW; 09-09-2019, 09:51.

Comment

As per my post in the Division 4 thread - Dino Maamria relieved of his duties at Stevenage.

His replacement (albeit caretaker) leaves a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth - step forward Mark Sampson

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                                    Very strong rumours this morning that Danny Cowley has agreed to become Huddersfield Town manager. Obviously nothing confirmed atm, but think this might be it. Absolutely gutted.

I think I need the rest of the week off. I feel sick.
                                                    Yep. My mum reckoned last week the Cowley brothers had both bought houses in Sudbrooke (next village over from her) currently under construction. I'd got complacent in believing that they were set to stay for a few years yet, after thinking during that very first season they'd be gone after a year.

Well, Lincoln being successful was fantastic while it lasted, and it would be churlish to be anything other than massively grateful for what they've done for the club. That includes putting us on a solid financial footing that will hopefully serve us for several years. Mighty tough act to follow for the next manager, though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X