X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elguapo4
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

The only surprise about this is that it wasn't sooner.
    Yeah, it's been a death by a thousand cuts, Pulis last seen fishing a dusty Stoke city baseball cap from the back of his wardrobe.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    The only surprise about this is that it wasn't sooner.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Nathan Jones, you've been gone...

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Put out the flags.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Craig Levein no longer has a Hearts job...

Leave a comment:

• Big Boobs and FIRE!
    replied
    Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    Jim Bentley has finally given up the unequal struggle of keeping Morecambe in the league and looks like he's going to those UKIP bell ends down the road. I was surprised to see that this leaves a position where 4 of the 6 longest serving managers are in the Premier League.
    As long as the Wikipidia list of longest serving managers, is still headed by the rather strange illustration of Gareth Ainsworth, looking more like Jimmy Bullard, with an exhausted plastic Native American in a Wycombe kit.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    Apparently it's Howe (2nd), Dyche (3rd), Pochettino (4th) and Klopp (6th) - with Gareth Ainsworth and John Coleman the lower division survivors.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I think Wilder would be the fourth.

Leave a comment:

• beak
    replied
    Jaap Stam has been given the flick by Feyenoord, a day after they lost the derby 4-0.

As an NUFC fan, I am left to ponder the commonalities of ex-Man Utd centre-halves in terms of their managerial qualities.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Jim Bentley has finally given up the unequal struggle of keeping Morecambe in the league and looks like he's going to those UKIP bell ends down the road. I was surprised to see that this leaves a position where 4 of the 6 longest serving managers are in the Premier League.
    More expensive to sack and to replace?

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Pochettino?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Howe and Dyche are two of them.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Eh?

Who?

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Well I posted this on the Third division thread, but I suppose it should go here:

AFC Wimbledon has today reached an agreement to part company with first-team manager Wally Downes.

Although it was Sunday's today, not today's today.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Hmmm, is it time for me to dust off this thread again?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I haven't any confidence that any would do well because of the constraints coming down from the board.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    That's a strange list of candidates. I'm not sure what Phil Parkinson is doing on there and I don't rate your chances of persuading Bilic to leave West Brom.

Who would be your choice?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Barnsley next manager odds:

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/barnsley

Leave a comment:

• Big Boobs and FIRE!
    replied
    Bowen has appointed Eddie Niedzwiecki as his assistant.

Niedzwiecki was previously at the club 30 years ago as assistant manager to Ian Porterfield.

This got me thinking, what it the longest gap between a person holding assistant manager positions at a club.

Obviously it didn't get me thinking that at all, it was just a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    He's following in the footsteps of his mentor, Mark Hughes.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Well he must be good then, if he says so.

I have as much confidence as I did in Gomes.

Leave a comment:

• Big Boobs and FIRE!
    replied
    Kudos to Mark Bowen.

Got involved with Reading about this time last year as a consultant leading the recruitment of a new Director of Football.

After an extensive recruitment process he decides the best person for the job, is Mark Bowen, despite having no DoF experience.

After sacking Gomez last week, he leads the recruitment of a new manager.

After an extensive recruitment process, he decides the best person for the job is Mark Bowen, despite having no Managerial experience.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    It’s actually from around 44. Pretty damning stuff. Pulis on the other hand comes out of it well. Can we have him instead?

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    Was it this one, 54 minutes in?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p05gvfc3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X