Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I know 'why' they are - just not buying their smugness.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I get the impression that Arsenal fans are laughing both because you've ended up with Mourinho, and because they are now relieved that they won't when Emery eventually gets the boot.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by tee rex View Post
    Oh, sure. But what he's offering (barring unlikely victories this season) is the possibility of something to look forward to nearly 2 years after they join the club. I don't know if players' attention spans last that long, or if Spurs can stump up the cash to make up for the delay.

Not that I'm really that bothered, except that the process of elimination made Tottenham the least disliked title contenders (when they were), and it's annoying to have that slight level of interest taken away.

Brendan Rodgers, Jamie Vardy, your rehabilitation starts now.
    Oh, their rehabilitation is in full swing - and they've been surprisingly enjoyable to watch. Now all about whether it can last.

Viz Tottenham, Levy's alleged lack of funds has surely already been debunked - JM is on twice what Poch was getting and almost certainly wouldn't have signed up without guarantee of ready dosh for signings, which the revised debt plan will supposedly enable. (The one silver lining here, in my book - if hugely insulting to our departing manager.)

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
    My Arsenal supporting friends are laughing their backsides off.
    Pah - that lot are fooling nobody.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The weird thing is if Spurs wanted a toxic arsehole whose approach to football has been out-evolved, Neil Warnock would have been a lot cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• Lobachevsky
    replied
    its times like this when i can imagine my old Dad's smug look as he talks about it endless to me and his grandkids

least i dont have to endure that for the 21 months of the mourinho era

Leave a comment:

• Tactical Genius
    replied
    My Arsenal supporting friends are laughing their backsides off.

Leave a comment:

• Lobachevsky
    replied
    even the arsenal fans at work have left a respectful distance for our tribe to get over the shock

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Oh, sure. But what he's offering (barring unlikely victories this season) is the possibility of something to look forward to nearly 2 years after they join the club. I don't know if players' attention spans last that long, or if Spurs can stump up the cash to make up for the delay.

Not that I'm really that bothered, except that the process of elimination made Tottenham the least disliked title contenders (when they were), and it's annoying to have that slight level of interest taken away.

Brendan Rodgers, Jamie Vardy, your rehabilitation starts now.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by tee rex View Post
    "Come and join us, European competitions are such a distraction, we won't bother with them next season. But you'll love London."
    Whatever Mourinho might have in store for us, any lack of European football next season won't have been down to him.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    In a blow for nominative determinism, Jolley was apparently sacked/mutual consented because of a "foul-mouthed tirade" at two Radio Humberside journalists. As in, he told them they were shit at their jobs and should ask him questions instead of sniping behind his back, with a lot of effing and jeffing as you'd expect when someone is agitated.

Instead of just shrugging it off, these pricks have complained to the club because he hurt their feelings, and Jolley walked rather than face disciplinary action. Ridiculous.

I hope Grimsby get relegated. Although I hoped that before this situation arose, to be fair.
    It's quite amusing given Fenty's own tirade against Radio Humberside in the past.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    Expect Mourinho's agent to be leaking to the press that he doesn't believe he can win anything with the current squad and will need some big names sometime near the start of the January transfer window.
    "Come and join us, European competitions are such a distraction, we won't bother with them next season. But you'll love London."

Leave a comment:

• Tactical Genius
    replied
    Spurs stopped playing good football at the end of 2017-2018.

Now it's by moments of magic by Son ,Alli, Moura. In addition to Sissoko running the legs off opposition midlields.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    "God knows what will happen, but maybe we'll become an ugly, ugly beast in his tenure. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and all that."

The likes of Man City and Liverpool certainly have their well documented ugly sides but on the pitch play good football. Spurs' fans won't even have the consolation of that.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    On the positive side, Mr Squires now has a ton of new material.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Spurs always win a cup in years ending in 1.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    He's going to strangle all the flair that made Spurs good to watch. I'm surprised any Spurs fans think that's a price worth paying for maybe one FA Cup and one Europa League title.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    This is such an odd appointment. I really just can't figure it out. If the rumours are correct he's being paid twice what Poch was, on a long contract, (who does that when they employ Mourinho these days!) Is Levy going to give him a ton of money to spend because he certainly isn't going to promote the academy players despite what he says? Maybe he'll sell Kane to raise funds - that'll go down well. He can inspire so maybe he can instil some confidence in what's still a good squad but the players seem devastated that Poch has gone, so it'll take some doing.

Looking at a Spurs fans forum last night I was amazed to see how many people were in favour of Mourinho's candidacy. As I said, "serial winner" came up again and again, with some even suggesting that if he wins a trophy or two before he crashes the club into a wall it would be worth it!

Nuts.
    Yeah, the 'money' thing is most odd. I mean, where the hell was all this spare cash when Poch wanted to buy? All a bit of an insult to our departing manager - who after all, was offered a five-year contract just eighteen months ago.

Suffice to say, I think that Spurs fans are pretty much split on this. JM would not have been my choice, but, hey, it's happened now.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Expect Mourinho's agent to be leaking to the press that he doesn't believe he can win anything with the current squad and will need some big names sometime near the start of the January transfer window.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    I qualified my comments with "can" and "maybe" in the full knowledge that while Mourinho builds some players up he also drags some players down.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Instill confidence in the same way he did with Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Sanchez etc etc?

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    This is such an odd appointment. I really just can't figure it out. If the rumours are correct he's being paid twice what Poch was, on a long contract, (who does that when they employ Mourinho these days!) Is Levy going to give him a ton of money to spend because he certainly isn't going to promote the academy players despite what he says? Maybe he'll sell Kane to raise funds - that'll go down well. He can inspire so maybe he can instil some confidence in what's still a good squad but the players seem devastated that Poch has gone, so it'll take some doing.

Looking at a Spurs fans forum last night I was amazed to see how many people were in favour of Mourinho's candidacy. As I said, "serial winner" came up again and again, with some even suggesting that if he wins a trophy or two before he crashes the club into a wall it would be worth it!

Nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Voidoid
    replied
    [URL]https://twitter.com/SimpsonsArsenal/status/1197048128857354240[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I thought Jose's alleged political sympathies would rule him out.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    I’m finding myself wondering about Spurs attacking players who don’t “track back”.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Let's be honest, the only reason that Poch was given the push so abruptly was because talks with Mourinho had already reached near-conclusion some time before. I mean, something had to give - our PL results since February have been closer to relegation-form than anything else - but it all rather smacks of desperation to me. (The reality is that a leader has long been required 'on' the pitch, IMO - a captain can't influence owt from fifty bloody yards away.)

God knows what will happen, but maybe we'll become an ugly, ugly beast in his tenure. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and all that.
    Last edited by Jah Womble; 20-11-2019, 10:12.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X