Dis-appointed Managers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    Alan Pardew: ADO Den Haag appoint ex-West Ham & Newcastle manager as head coach - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50901742
    when a lot of NUFC fans opined that pardew should be sent to the hague, this isn't quite what we had in mind.

still, couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Comment

Pards had to go to holland, because Frank Lampard seems to have taken his role in the premier league soap opera. It will be fun to watch his character arcs. Similarly big sam can't get a job because his role and story lines have been swallowed up by Jose. Man utd don't seem to be playing ball to allow Pochettino become the new David Moyes (Great success at a club with limited resources, without ever actually winning anything, or looking like it)

Comment

Talking of Moyes, West Ham are reportedly going to go in the new direction they said they needed when they sacked him last time by re-appointing him.

Comment

Was he sacked last time? I can't remember if it was just a six month deal or whether he was considered for longer.

Either way it smacks of an uninspiring, mundane appointment with the emphasis on finishing in 12th place and reaching the 4th round of the cup before it all ends in tears a couple of years later (if that). Moyes is properly in the Hughes, Allardyce, Bruce league now if he wasn't already.

Comment

There was a hilarious moment on Match of the Day last night when they asked danny murphy and jermaine Jenas who West ham should appoint, and Danny Murphy said "big Sam" and Jenas said "David Moyes." They said so much, while saying so little.

Comment

The former Everton manager did not leave West Ham on good terms. He was hired on an initial six-month contract after Slaven Bilic was fired in November 2017 and was tasked with keeping West Ham in the Premier League. While he did that with two games to spare, supporters were unhappy with the side’s style of play and Moyes, who struggled to convince the board that he was worthy of a long-term deal, left after growing aggrieved at his treatment. West Ham began a search for a “high-calibre figure” and Pellegrini would soon be hired on a three-year contract worth £7m a year.

Comment

Peter Taylor has been sacked by Dagenham and Redbridge.

Comment

Moyes win record 29%
                  Pellegrini win record 32%

Fabianski getting injured for 3 months seems to have been the biggest factor.

Manuel Pellegrini: How West Ham faith dwindled - and could David Moyes return? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50936102

Comment

Moyes signed 37 year-old Patrice Evra, despite the club having 2 LB's, and put him up against Mo Salah.
                    West ham lost 4-1.
                    He also paid 10 mil for Jordan Hugill.
                    These are 2 very good reasons for not reappointing him.
                    Amazing how Gold and Sullivan were successful businessmen.

Comment

https://twitter.com/_emilyoram/status/1211398362555133954

Comment

THE MOYESIAH.

A good mate of mine supports the 'Ammers and I can hear him banging his head off the wall from miles away.

Comment

I think Gollivan and Suld have seen Nigel Pearson working a miracle up in Watford and thought "Maybe we need a psycho."

Comment

Moyes is more psychosomatic than psychopathic.

Comment

Jesus wept.

Comment

David Moyes says "winning is what I do " at his first press conference, I suppose if people don't like you, then a good joke might get them on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                  David Moyes says "winning is what I do " at his first press conference, I suppose if people don't like you, then a good joke might get them on your side.
                                  There should probably be a separate thread for these. I nominate Mark Hughes: "Our preparation is meticulous."

Comment

Ian Holloway replaces Michael Jolley at Grimsby.

Comment

He should be good for them. He's also getting shares in the club and will attend board meetings apparently.

Comment

Shame they didn't make that appointment a week ago as then they would have had a Jolley Ollie Christmas.

Comment

Ho ho ho!

Comment

John Sheridan gone from Chesterfield.

Comment

Unsurprising news from Macclesfield.

Comment

Paul Hurst has left Scunthorpe.

Comment

And Colin Calderwood has left Cambridge United.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                    Hurst has left Scunthorpe.
                                                    Bit of a shock, and the absence of "by mutual consent" in the club's statement suggests that he's walked. Given his record it would seem unlikely he's got anything else lined up, so it must have been a point of principle/hissy fit.

Not fussed, we definitely got more of the Ipswich Hurst than the Grimsby/ Shrews magic.

Anyone got Brian Laws' number?
                                                    Last edited by jwdd27; 29-01-2020, 18:15.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X