No announcement yet.

Dis-appointed Managers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have forgotten Allardyce. I remember Martinez being considered the natural replacement for David Moyes by all the pundits. Who were wrong.

Comment

With Wigan, Martinez had won the FA Cup, and beaten Liverpool at Anfield. Both box ticks for a potential Everton manager.
      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 06-12-2019, 10:32.

Comment

Wigan also got relegated the season they won the FA Cup and the reasons they got relegated were then being replicated at Everton. 5 home wins in his final season at Goodison.

Comment

And got relegated, which at the time was put down purely to the paucity of the Wigan squad. I remember now though, they were a nice team to watch when everything clicked.

Comment

Bah, cross post.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              Wigan also got relegated the season they won the FA Cup and the reasons they got relegated were then being replicated at Everton. 5 home wins in his final season at Goodison.
              It’s actually a tough call who’s been the least successful Everton manager post-Moyes. Koeman?

Comment

Was that the year when everything was won by a Roberto?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

It’s actually a tough call who’s been the least successful Everton manager post-Moyes. Koeman?
                  Using win % as a metric for non-caretakers, it's Big Sam. Martinez actually has the best post-Kendall win %, better even than Moyes. Of course taken as a whole that obscures that both Martinez and Koeman (and Silva as well) had good starts that went to shit while Allardyce maintained a level of middling throughout his entire tenure.

Comment

The BBC win percentage show Moyes on 40% and Martinez on 38%.

Comment

How many PL managers have been bounced this season now? Poch, Emery, forgotten the Watford guy's name, ... is that it?
                      So that's 2 Watford guys and Marco Silva along with Poch and Unai. 5 sackings before Christmas. It doesn't feel like a record but does anyone know what the record is?

Comment

The BBC win percentage show Moyes on 40% and Martinez on 38%.
                        I was going off of Wikipedia, which I think takes all non-friendly games into account, whereas the Beeb is almost certainly league games only, which is probably the better way to do it!

In further news, it's past midnight and I've had a few.

Comment

Moyes didn't really value cup games. (That doesn't diminish Shrewsbury's win against Everton in 2003, mind)

Comment

Pearson at Watford, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Alan Pardew: ADO Den Haag appoint ex-West Ham & Newcastle manager as head coach - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50901742

Pardew obviously cannot get a job in England so has taken his talents abroad.

Comment

I think that's just because Pardew has already managed everyone in England

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  Pearson at Watford, what could possibly go wrong?
                                  3 points against Man U. Freak result or the start of a miracle?

Comment

3 points against Man U. Freak result or the start of a miracle?
                                    "Lads, it's Manchester United."

Comment

Who beat Man City away.

Comment

They were the better team against Liverpool as well in the sense of creating better chances, we'll have to see if it's that they're playing with more intensity because of an intense fear of their own manager or whether it's something that will last.

Comment

Alan Pardew: ADO Den Haag appoint ex-West Ham & Newcastle manager as head coach - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50901742

Pardew obviously cannot get a job in England so has taken his talents abroad.
                                          I hope he follows Schecond Choische Schteve and tweaks his accent accordingly.

Comment

Pellegrini no longer haunting West Ham.

Comment

Moyes to return?

Comment

Moyes to return?
                                                I. Will. End. You.

Comment

Mrs Thistle thinks Ancelotti "has a touch of the Dracula about him".

Comment

He looks magnificent, albeit, like a character in the irishman, he looks slightly embalmed, and his celebration there after one of the goals today reminded me of Robert De Niro giving that shopkeeper a good kicking. I've got to say that of all the managers in the top five leagues, I'm fairly sure that Carlo is the one you'd pick to go on a fortnight long dining holiday like brydon and coogan. I'd say he'd be really good craic, and he'd know all the best places, and would know what wine to pick.

Farewell to Manuel, surely he's going to get another job on the basis of having hair that no man of his age should have. Though at this point he must be richer than god.
                                                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 29-12-2019, 00:56.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X