Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    I wish I could find a link to it but listen to Danny Gabbidon on Elis James' Feast of Football podcast and his time with Mark Hughes at QPR. It explains everything so much about how Hughes works.

You'll never want him at your club after hearing that.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Apparently Kia Joorabchian has already been "advising" Reading's board. Mark Bowen's already there, and you can lay money on Sparky gunning his motor in a southerly direction. Same old gang together again, how do they do it.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    At Reading, Gomes is now gones.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    There's a rumour Mark Hughes is being considered by Reading. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even the fake hoops.
    Jesus, talk about kicking a man while he’s down. Aren’t we suffering enough?

I can’t believe I’m actually writing this, but I’d sooner have Hughes than Gomes. At least he has achieved some success on occasion. Gomes has been terrible at Reading, but it’s exactly what his career stats suggested.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    I got the impression that it wasn't so much the results, but the football was dire as well. One of those, when they're winning it's bearable but the first loss leads to the fans getting on the manager's back.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Sunderland are 6th so that seems to be an over-reaction, unless he's "lost the dressing room/fans" or had a bust-up with the chairperson.

Barnsley's decision is understandable given results but unlikely to change their relegation trajectory, I'd have thought. This tier is too much for the club these days. A better coach is unlikely to materialize.
    Ross seems to have lost the fans as soon as they dropped their first points of the season. Even when they beat Accrington 3-1, the Sunderland fans were begging him to go. Think some of them need to have a sit down and think what god given right do they have to win every game? That said, they've forked out £3-4m on players like Grigg and he doesn't appear to start. There was not one player I saw on Saturday that I genuinely feared might run the show for them and take the game away from City.

Leave a comment:

• beak
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Sunderland are 6th so that seems to be an over-reaction, unless he's "lost the dressing room/fans" or had a bust-up with the chairperson.
    The tittle-tattle I've read is that it was timed to coincide with news coming out that a proposed takeover by some incredibly rich bods from Dell is about to fall through. Either a good day to bury bad news or a bad day to bury good news, I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    The owners will presumably now allow his successor to buy experienced players, but the successor won't be in Stendel's class as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Casper
    replied
    Daniel Stendel said all summer long that he wanted some experience in the team but all we bought was 'potential'. The average age of our goalkeeper and back four on Saturday was 20.5. In his post match interview Stendel said that we had played like a youth team (a really bad youth team he should have said) and then in the Sheffield Star yesterday said that we were not playing well enough to stay in the Championship. It appears that it was this thinly veiled criticism of the transfer policy, rather than results, that did for him.

There isn't a single Barnsley fan I know who is on the owners side in this. Daniel Stendel is hugely popular and fans were still singing his name towards the end of Saturday's shambles. We've sold anyone and everyone for a bit of profit. and replaced them with lottery tickets. Some might come good eventually - but it won't be this season.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo View Post
    Jack Ross gone too at Sunderland.

Barnsley's decision is understandable given results but unlikely to change their relegation trajectory, I'd have thought. This tier is too much for the club these days. A better coach is unlikely to materialize.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 08-10-2019, 19:15.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    And Dario Gradi finally bows out at Crewe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49963883

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    There's a rumour Mark Hughes is being considered by Reading. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even the fake hoops.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo View Post
    Clearly getting beat by Lincoln was too much for them. At least that should guarantee us featured in season 3 of Sunderland Till I Die.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    This international break has become a traditional time for anxious Continental clubs to pull the trap door lever.

Gallegos out at Espanyol
    Di Francesco gone from Sampdoria
    Giampaolo sacked by Milan

Leave a comment:

• Arturo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Daniel Stendel has been separated from Barnsley.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

I presume they are waiting to hear the fans sing "Nathan Jones, you've been here too long" as Patrick suggests.
    I'd love to take credit for that but it was Satchmo Distel who suggested it.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by HORN View Post
    As much as I'm enjoying the job Nathan Jones is doing at Stoke I do feel he needs to add the occasional three points into the mix.
    I am utterly fascinated by his tenure. After every Stoke game I look at the BBC report to find out how much additional pressure he is under, and what new way he has found to say that although things aren't going well, he will try very hard to turn them round. Recently he has started implying that he is surprised the board haven't sacked him, but I presume they are waiting to hear the fans sing "Nathan Jones, you've been here too long" as Patrick suggests.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Personally speaking, if we fell to Step 3 I'd think it would at least be worth considering. I know though that I do not speak for the majority of Wrexham fans on this subject. If you asked that question on Red Passion, you'd be lucky to make it out alive.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    Bryan Hughes is out of the door at the Racecourse after no wins in eight. Brian Flynn's back as caretaker.

I overheard one bizarre suggestion of getting Tony Pulis on the spurious basis that "he's Welsh and knows how to avoid relegation". Bus drivers aren't known for their wisdom.
    How many relegations would it take for Wrexham fans to support quitting the English system? Would European outings every year compensate?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Neil Harris resigns at Millwall.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Do home fans sing the Supremes song at Stoke games?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Jones_(song)

Leave a comment:

• HORN
    replied
    As much as I'm enjoying the job Nathan Jones is doing at Stoke I do feel he needs to add the occasional three points into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Bryan Hughes is out of the door at the Racecourse after no wins in eight. Brian Flynn's back as caretaker.

I overheard one bizarre suggestion of getting Tony Pulis on the spurious basis that "he's Welsh and knows how to avoid relegation". Bus drivers aren't known for their wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    If I was Huddersfield chairperson / board I'd be looking to use the financial stability that has come from the sojourn in the top flight to build something strong and with firm foundations, not to be rushing into getting back there, but building up an academy and ensuring all the money is spent wisely. For that it would appear that Cowley is a perfect appointment. (And if as seems to be the case, he had offers from both Huddersfield and Wednesday, I can totally understand why he would have been more attracted to Huddersfield as a long term prospect)

Isn't that how they got into the top flight in the first place? Didn't they just appoint the dortmund reserve coach, and tell him to do as he saw fit, and if anything it worked slightly too well, and they were a bit undercooked going up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X