Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dis-appointed Managers 2019-20

Lee Bowyer has quit Charlton.

This must be a real gut-punch for Addicks fans. Talk about a buzzkill.

Charlton unable to reach an agreement with Lee Bowyer on contract extension

Oooooh, it's Eddie McCreadie all over again.

Did Charlton refuse him a "company car"?

Comment

Is that really Charlton's official statement? It's hilarious. I particularly like this bit:

That the average Championship club makes a loss of around £15 million per year is not something players should care about. The owners are crazy.

Comment

He didn't dump us. We dumped him.

Comment

Good riddance. I can go back to not minding Charlton

Comment

I would imagine that the right-thinking Charlton fans would be well fucking happy at this point.

Comment

Bowyer's a turd (or he was when he was a player, and before) but he's done a job with Charlton, who've suffered one of the most dysfunctional front offices in the 92 for several years. If I was a fan (where's Matt when you need him,) I'd be well bummed out. If they weren't already a favourite for relegation they sure are now.

Comment

This might explain the bizarre language on CAFC's announcement:

https://twitter.com/JimmyStone_/status/1140657859526627337?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1140657859526627337%7Ctwgr%5E393039363b74776565745f6d65646961&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fansnetwork.co.uk%2Ffootball%2Fqueensparkrangers%2Fforum%2F242720%2F3536271%2Flee-bowyer-quits-charlton%2Fpage%3A1%2F%23post3536271

Comment

Turns out it's Dis-Dis-appointed ...he's back (or never left).

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                    Good riddance. I can go back to not minding Charlton
                    Yeah, about that...

Comment

Gary Monk has left Birmingham City.

Comment

Sacked it seems. It's bit of an odd one. Take away the points deduction and he'd have had them close to a playoff place. Given that he was picking up the pieces after a bad dose of Redknapp you wonder what the issue with him was.

Comment

Supposedly he and the board did not agree on the direction of the club for next season with regard to player recruitment according to this.

Comment

Yeah. I saw that, but it seems somewhat vague or boilerplate. There are no specifics, but I guess that's the way of the footballing world these days.

Comment

I have an aversion to Monk based on fuck all really. But his fizzog gives me the same vibe as that chancer Sherwood.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1141011526062616577

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                  I have an aversion to Monk based on fuck all really. But his fizzog gives me the same vibe as that chancer Sherwood.
                                  You don't get the sideline Freddie Mercury impressions with Monk, which is a huge relief.

Comment

Luis Enrique has unexpectedly stepped down from the Spanish national team for "personal reasons" and will be replaced by his deputy

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Luis Enrique has unexpectedly stepped down from the Spanish national team for "personal reasons" and will be replaced by his deputy
                                      Maybe not entirely unexpected given the time off he has had recently.

Comment

He learnt that from Laudrup at Swansea.

Comment

Sort of on-topic, but Roy Keane has left his position as assistant coach at Forest saying he wants to pursue his own managerial career.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Comment

Benitez gone

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48746689

Comment

Even Ashley wouldn't appoint an ex-Sunderland manager. Would he?

Comment

http://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1143474009285234688

Comment

Working...
                                                X