X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Villa in the Canaries - Premier League 2019/20

Might as well.

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1139079970272268288

Liverpool had better get this wrapped up by the end of April. The last three games are Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle. I have a very bad feeling about that.

Comment

I saw a tweet earlier that Amazon Prime have exclusive rights to a couple of entire weekends in December. If you were insane enough to want to watch all your team's PL games at home on TV how many subscriptions are you gonna need? It's probably cheaper to just buy a season ticket*

(* it's probably not cheaper to buy a season ticket)

Comment

Aye. Start of December and the Boxing Day round, if Burnleys fixtures are anything to go by. (Man City at home on Tuesday 3rd and Everton away on Boxing Day.)

Comment

I've been moaning to my mates that the opening weekend fixtures immediately gives Liverpool a two-day recovery advantage over Chelsea before the UEFA Super Cup on the following Wednesday.

Comment

Suarez having left Liverpool feels like we're getting a three goal start in that opening match.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Suarez having left Liverpool feels like we're getting a three goal start in that opening match.

You might need it.

Comment

I'm not up to date on the UK transport network, but I'm guessing there aren't many options for leaving Liverpool after 10 pm Friday and returning to Norfolk. So the reward for returning to the Premier League is an expensive and/or sober trip for Norwich fans, taking up half the weekend.

Comment

First game - August 9th.

I swear the season will be starting in July before we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    This tweet is clearly an elaborate fake. They've missed Leeds out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                      First game - August 9th.

I swear the season will be starting in July before we know it.
                      The football league started last year on the weekend of August 4th (and that after a World Cup summer). I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this year they will start on the 3rd (with a possible Friday night game on the 2nd)

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                        I saw a tweet earlier that Amazon Prime have exclusive rights to a couple of entire weekends in December. If you were insane enough to want to watch all your team's PL games at home on TV how many subscriptions are you gonna need? It's probably cheaper to just buy a season ticket*

(* it's probably not cheaper to buy a season ticket)
                        It probably is, you know.

Comment

Booked my flights for Newcastle-Liverpool. This time they won't actually be able move it at short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                            Booked my flights for Newcastle-Liverpool. This time they won't actually be able move it at short notice.
                            May God bless your optimism

Comment

As is customary for a Southampton fan looking at the new fixtures, my focus is only on the run-in. We finish with Brighton, Bournemouth and then Sheff Utd, meaning we will fanny around for 35 games without a care in the world, all the while assuming 9 points from those 3 will save us.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                The football league started last year on the weekend of August 4th (and that after a World Cup summer). I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this year they will start on the 3rd (with a possible Friday night game on the 2nd)
                                You won't be surprised to learn that the Football League will kick off on August 2nd with a "likely" live game on Sky Sports.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/april/...201920-season/

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  I thought everyone knew the EFL starts on 3 August*. Like where have you been?

*or the night before!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    I've been moaning to my mates that the opening weekend fixtures immediately gives Liverpool a two-day recovery advantage over Chelsea before the UEFA Super Cup on the following Wednesday.
                                    You've got United on the openng weekend, how much more help do you want?

Comment

Norwich have managed to piss off a large section of their support by scrapping their away points scheme. Instead of earning points for each away game, fans now have to buy a gold (£50) membership or silver (£35) membership to have a greater chance of getting tickets when they go on sale. Only those who went to ten away games last season are (rightly) guaranteed tickets but even they still have to buy a membership to obtain this privilege. Everyone else sees their points from last season wiped and potentially competing for tickets against those who didn't attend a single match. Not great for myself and a number of friends who attended a number of games but were short of the ten.

The new scheme was announced last Wednesday at 6am. Memberships went on sale at 9am. No warning beforehand and supporters groups ignored except for a mystery collective of seven fans who were consulted by the club and whose identity remains unknown.

Welcome back to the Premier eh?

Comment

Here's the new Premier League ball. I know we all love the marketing blurb about new footballs even more than we enjoy reading the same about shirts.

After a record-breaking season of goals, the Premier League will feature a ball like no other in the 2019/20 season.

The Premier League is the only competition across the world where you will be able to see the new Nike Merlin in action.

It is the first bespoke ball of its kind produced solely for England's top flight and coincides with the 20th anniversary of the partnership between Nike and the Premier League.

New technology can boost goals

Last season's Nike Merlin hit the back of the net a record 1,072 times for a 20-team Premier League season.

In 2019/20, that number could be even higher thanks to Nike's latest innovations.

The ball comprises just four fuse-welded panels to provide a bigger "sweet spot" for ball striking.

It has heightened visual clarity for players and spectators thanks to the new graphic layout and striking colour combinations.

The Nike "Aerowtrack" grooves on the ball will ensure a more consistent flight, while Urban Grip, an updated version of Nike’s All Conditions Control (ACC) technology, will give enhanced traction whatever the surface or weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

You've got United on the openng weekend, how much more help do you want?
                                          <ding!>

Comment

Working...
                                          X