No announcement yet.

It's grim up north, in Gloucester – Conference North 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of the League ! 1,203 attendance for a midweek game. Sept 28th away at York will be a good opportunity to gauge Lynn's progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled off Main Street View Post
      Top of the League ! 1,203 attendance for a midweek game. Sept 28th away at York will be a good opportunity to gauge Lynn's progress.
      Looking forward to it already! Should be a very healthy crowd in. And indeed it will be good to see what the top two can serve up.

Comment

Not the greatest spectacle yesterday, but despite King's Lynn having a fair amount of the play, once again we kept them at bay and eased to the win at the end. I believe that now in fact makes York the only team in the top 6 levels in England who are still unbeaten in all competitions this season. Should we manage to maintain something of this form and actually win this league, I think we'll look back at the signing of Pete Jameson this summer as one of the absolute key moments - best keeper we've had for some time.

Comment

I would be interested in attending King's Lynn v York on 18th January if any OTFers are going.

Comment

During the first 10 minutes of Farsley v Curzon at the weekend I realised that I am much more emotionally invested in Boston United than I previously thought. This dawned on me when I commented on how poor the standard had been during the first 10 minutes or so to the bloke standing next to me. I am sure Boston games are played in a similar way but I just thought it was crap on Saturday whereas when I am at York Street I reserve such comments for at least half-time. It was a good game in the end - a saved penalty, a good goal from Curzon and then two decent goals from the home team. I can't believe their ground is up to Conference North standards mind.

Comment

Originally posted by statto99 View Post
              I would be interested in attending King's Lynn v York on 18th January if any OTFers are going.
              I am intending to travel down as it stands, though the usual meffs and I haven't established plans and logistics yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

I am intending to travel down as it stands, though the usual meffs and I haven't established plans and logistics yet.
                No problem. Post on here nearer the time, I'll keep an eye on the thread and I'll look to keep the date free.

Would also be interested in meeting an OTFer or two at any East Anglian game over the next few months, anywhere from Lakenheath Casuals in Tier 20 and upwards!

Comment

Ms Felicity is away on a course so I’ve decided to finally go to a Blyth Spartans game ( v Farsley Celtic on 2nd Nov)

Comment

Probably heavy defeat for the home side on current form

Comment

Boston's new ground appears to be taking shape. Videos of the progress were released this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ingoldale View Post
                        Boston's new ground appears to be taking shape. Videos of the progress were released this week.
                        Bet they're in it before we're in ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Bet they're in it before we're in ours.
                          Well, they need to be given their tenancy on York Street runs out in less than 6 months' time!

Comment

I really liked going to York Street when they were in the League. Proper covered away end, town centre location, a bit of quirkiness. It'll be missed

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                              I really liked going to York Street when they were in the League. Proper covered away end, town centre location, a bit of quirkiness. It'll be missed
                              It will - the clubhouse on the opposite side of the ground will be especially missed.

Comment

I enjoyed my one visit there in 2005 - 0-0 and they hit the woodwork 4 times. I knew then we were getting promoted that season.

Comment

So, York caught up on their game in hand tonight, (just about) beating Boston to go 8 points clear at the top.

The result also means we reach the month of November without having lost a single match of any description since our first pre-season friendly of the summer. Had a feeling we'd do OK this season under Steve Watson, but never imagined things would go this well. After the unmitigated cavalcade of excrement over the last 5 years, I make no apology for being over the feckin moon just now.

Comment

Strangely, there doesn't appear to be an actual Conference Premier thread, but the table certainly looks intriguing - is this the closest that Barrow have been to a League return since their deselection? And has there been a major financial investment in Bromley, or is it genuinely a case of a small club defying the seasoned professionals?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      Probably heavy defeat for the home side on current form
                                      It’s a funny old game...

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                        Strangely, there doesn't appear to be an actual Conference Premier thread,
                                        Here you go: https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...erence-2019-20

Comment

It would be remiss of me not to point out that once again this season KINGS LYNN ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE and are team with most goals scored in Steps 1 through 6. I keep saying it won't last, but I am enjoying this season immensely. Adam Marriott is a goal machine.

Comment

Fair play to KL, turning our 8-point lead into a 2-point defecit in the space of about a fortnight. Still no idea how we managed to beat them 3-0 back in September, a result definitely not a reflection of that match.

Now we also have videos going round on social media of the quite honestly disgusting state the York team left the Curzon dressing room in yesterday. It's almost comforting that after this weird and giddy 7 months with no defeats and a lot of positivity we crash so spectacularly with 2 losses in a week and the players/club once again causing impressive levels of public embarrassment. Welcome back, the York City we know all too well.

Comment

5-1.

Oof

We were appalling apparently.

Fans had been offered the chance to travel on the team coach for this one

I bet that was a fun ride home back up the M1/A1...

Comment

FA Cup distractions?

Comment

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/...940811264?s=20

Comment

Seriously, Kings Lynn! What is going on there? Can they keep up this amazing form?

York have absolutely tanked since the end of the long unbeaten run. Only the handy timing of a couple of games against the beyond hopeless Bradford and their unnecessary parentheses this last week has enabled us to even vaguely keep in touch with KL. And apparently even then most people who saw the narrow win yesterday said it was genuinely one of the all-time worst performances, despite the positive result. And now Steve Watson's unnecessary sniping at the fans for negativity/lack of atmosphere etc. is becoming a weekly thing. Almost comforting that the club has reverted to this absolutely shambolic state after those disconcerting months of happiness last year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X