No announcement yet.

The Most Exiting (sic) League in the World: Div 2, 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Knockaert goal for Fulham at home to West Brom.

Comment

Now one all. Ten minutes to go.

Comment

Steve Cooper gets manager of the month. We're now cursed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Great Knockaert goal for Fulham at home to West Brom.
          Although he's just said in his post-match interview that it was meant as a cross. Very honest. I certainly would have claimed I was shooting. Final score one all. West Brom not great but still undefeated.

Comment

Cowley vs Monk tomorrow, as Huddersfield play Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
              Steve Cooper gets manager of the month. We're now cursed.
              And we lose.

Comment

For the first 30 minutes we today looked like Barcelona. For the next 60 Barnstoneworth United. Fortunately we scored three goals in the first bit and it was just about enough.

Comment

Nuhiu's eleven minute cameo at the end there was absolutely bloody brilliant.

Comment

Nuhiu 90+4. May we wrap him in cotton wool and keep him for ever and ever.

Comment

First time we've won at Millwall for thirty years. Fourth in the league. Can we really be this good?

Comment

I'm awaiting José Gomes' latest rote bollocks platitude after the Biscuitmen's 2-1 home defeat to Blackburn.

My prediction is this, as they are always very much along these lines:

"We were strong, we fought, but today it was not enough. We must keep fighting, and come back stronger."

Comment

He went to slightly greater length, and still managed to say nothing of worth, with a couple of digs at the players. Imposter.

Royals boss José Gomes was disappointed following defeat to Tony Mowbray's Blackburn Rovers this afternoon, but confident that these errors can and will be ironed out by improving together as a group.

Comment

So, Preston could well be automatic promotion contenders if Seánie Maguire actually stays fit for a full season.

Comment

Heard an amazing stat today, that West Brom have come from behind to gain either a draw or a win in 7 out of their 8 league games. Obviously this can be viewed negatively or positively. Certainly, I wasn't happy with the fact that we went behind twice at home to a bottom of the table team who haven't won a game since February on Sunday but we did finish off eventual clear winners 4-2, we are starting to look like a pretty decent side and I think I'm just starting to develop a bit of a mancrush on Slaven Bilic.

QPR away on Saturday. I'd take a draw, what about you, Amor?

Comment

After a team bonding session, Mason Bennett, Tom Lawrence and Richard Keogh were involved in a car crash. Drink-driving suspected of involvement. Keogh is out for the season with knee injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                  After a team bonding session, Mason Bennett, Tom Lawrence and Richard Keogh were involved in a car crash. Drink-driving suspected of involvement. Keogh is out for the season with knee injuries.
                                  Haven't these people heard of taxis?

Comment

Rooney will fit in well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Haven't these people heard of taxis?
                                      "They should have known when to stop and also ignored the opportunity to be driven home using cars laid on by the club, and chose to stay out." - DCFC club statement.

Lawrence and Bennett have been charged with drink driving.

Pondering why there should be a (small) wave of young footballers called Mason. Was there a famous person of that name about 21 years ago?

Comment

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1177199918055940096?s=21
                                        Last edited by cantagalo; 26-09-2019, 22:54.

Comment

Cocu may be regretting his quick decision to give the captaincy to Tom Huddlestone. According to the Mirror, Huddlestone was responsible for filming Mason Bennett spewing up in the pub toilet and putting the video on to Snapchat.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ilmed-20271300

Comment

Keogh's not a kid. He should have more sense.

Comment

Well, it didn't stop Derby beating Birmingham this weekend, despite Lawrence and Bennett being left out. Captain Keogh could be out for a year with knee injuries sustained from the crash. It was a 'team-building' dinner apparently.
                                              Team-decimating more like

Full complement of games this midweek.
                                              Last edited by Jon; 30-09-2019, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

"They should have known when to stop and also ignored the opportunity to be driven home using cars laid on by the club, and chose to stay out." - DCFC club statement.

Lawrence and Bennett have been charged with drink driving.

Pondering why there should be a (small) wave of young footballers called Mason. Was there a famous person of that name about 21 years ago?
                                                Paul Mason was Ipswich’s top scorer in 1996-97 and scored some cracking goals that season. Maybe a lot of babies were made late on Monday nights with Nationwide Football League Extra on the telly and a Gabriel Clarke soundtrack in the background.

Comment

Full complement of games this midweek.

Schooled at the weekend we were. Congratulations. We're at Cardiff on Wednesday which will be no picnic either, it'll tell us a lot about Warburton's management though. The past two years we've gone on long losing runs after a game like Saturday's, if we can avoid that it'll represent concrete improvement.

Comment

Annoyingly, I missed the game on Saturday and have yet to see the highlights but from the little I've heard, yes we did play well, although after a slow start. Par for the course. Teams invariably score first against us. Luckily for us, you didn't manage to do so on Saturday. Trying hard to be all nonchalant and cool about being top of the league but am failing miserably. Double annoying that I'm out tomorrow evening and will miss the Leeds West Brom game too. Good luck against Cardiff. We have them at home on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X