• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Martinelli chap seems to be having a Gnabry moment

Comment

What's happened in Luxembourg?

Comment

Abandoned due to a drone flying an Armenia independence flag, apparently.

Comment

Play has resumed

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
            Check out Ludogorets' second goal.
            The free kick? Fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
              Abandoned due to a drone flying an Armenia independence flag, apparently.
              Armenia is independent. Do you think they know?

Comment

Graun is saying it was a "Qarabag Republic" flag. I have no idea what that would be about.

Comment

I would guess that the Azeris might interpret an Armenian flag differently than we would

Comment

Just a wee bit.

Comment

Kieran Tierney looked like hot stuff tonight. Where's Gero btw? Please say he hasn't gone the way of Tubbs.

Comment

If this is now the general Europa League thread do people want me to change the title?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                          Graun is saying it was a "Qarabag Republic" flag. I have no idea what that would be about.
                          As I understand it, Qarabag is a ghost town due to Armenian aggression, which has forced its team to play in exile in Baku. The drone was a provocation by Armenians against the exiled club and its players and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                            Kieran Tierney looked like hot stuff tonight.
                            Indeed he did.

He pulled out of the Scotland squad, so they must be delighted to see his rehab going well.

Martinelli is going to be the absolute shit if Arsenal handle him well (i.e. avoid sending him on loan to Tony Pulis as they did with Gnabry).

Comment

Qarabag is just another spelling of Karabakh, I think. Nagorno Karabakh's not a town, but a de facto Armenian enclave in Azerbaijan. It's majority Armenian, but internationally it's considered part of Azerbaijan. Qarabag, being an Azeri team, haven't played in Nagorno Karabakh since the post-Soviet-collapse war in 1994. Like a number of other post Soviet entities (Transnistria, South Ossetia, Abkhazia) that are cut off from the surrounding area, it's not exactly a ghost-town but has apparently ossified with little by way of modern economy as there's very little by way of trade in either direction. Armenians would certainly be upset by the description of it being a "ghost town due to Armenian aggression". I suspect others (particularly ad hoc) could provide more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                If this is now the general Europa League thread do people want me to change the title?
                                If Rantic and Celtgers are still in it we must still be in the early bits, surely..?

Comment

It's compulsory in all reports on the Wolves games to include a reference to "first time since 1980" or similar. And I mutter "yes, yes, we know, we remember".

And then it occurs to me that when Wolves won the League Cup back then and qualified, it was nearer in time to the floodlit friendlies (Honved & co) than to today. But any old codger going on about Stan Cullis in 1980 was about as relevant as the Boer War, to my mind. Who cares what happened before the European Cup even existed, grandad?

Time, relativity, something, something.

Comment

Comedy defending by Rangers for the Young Boys winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIdq1Q7PkBw

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post

The free kick? Fantastic.
                                      This one, yes.

Comment

FK Qarabag's home town of Agdam is very much a ghost town (dunno if that can entirely be blamed on the Armenians though)
                                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agdam

The flying of an Armenian flag at a match involving any Azeri team is fairly inflammatory- at a Qarabag game in particular it's pretty bad (whatever your position on the Armenian-Azeri situation)

Comment

Bugger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49991680

Comment

Got a ticket already?

Comment

No.

Comment

Do fans get refunds in such circumstances?

Comment

Always think closed doors matches are unfair on the away team too. Bratislava would be a nice trip for Wolves fans who've not exactly been blessed with Euro glamour in recent decades

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                                    Always think closed doors matches are unfair on the away team too. Bratislava would be a nice trip for Wolves fans who've not exactly been blessed with Euro glamour in recent decades
                                                    Agree completely

Comment

Working...
                                                    X