No announcement yet.

Europa League early bits 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishes 3-2 to Wolves. Excellent result for them.

Comment

Excellent result for Linfield beating Qarabag 3-2. The Azeris started and finished strongly but clearly showed some frailty. Plues aren't entirely out of this.

Comment

Qarabag got a late one that might be crucial.

Comment

Congratulations a section of Rangers fans

Racist bigot wankers that you are.

And precisely the correct response from the club too.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/a...mpression=true

Comment

Come on the Bhoys.

Rise to the challenge.

I'm sure you can get the whole ground shut down if you put your minds to it.

Comment

Fair play to Linfield - only eliminated on away goals.

Comment

So Rangers are hosting Legia Warsaw

[URL]https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1167146831391920128?[/URL]

Comment

<kisses fingers>

Comment

They must have used a fucking truck to bring that in. It's got to be absolutely enormous and heavy when rolled up. There is no way that no-one noticed that.

Comment

They should have used a photo with him in full regalia

Comment

I think they'd struggle to make it any longer

Comment

Artur Boruc is leading chants in the Legia end with a megaphone. What a night for football banter Twitter accounts.

Comment

Between this and Ruthie stepping down those poor Teddy Bears have it hard.

Comment

Bollocks. Might help the coefficient but fuck.

Comment

What a time to be a Wolves fan.

Comment

While on the island you're all pre-occupied with the customary sectarian or cross-border fuckwittery, Eintracht Frankfurt cruise again into the group phase with a 3-0 battering of Strasbourg, despite the best efforts of refereeing disgrace Orel Grinfeld. It wasn't his unjustified red card of Ante Rebic that got me really mad, though (although the TV screen absorbed a few oaths). It was his punishment of Frankfurt for taking a quick free-kick that was deliberately blocked by a Strasbourg player right next to the ball - clear yellow card and re-take, but the stupid twat waves his arms and lets them play on. You should fail the fucking U9 refereeing exam for a mistake like that. All in all, he was hopelessly out of his depth for such an intense match.

A word here on why I wasn't at the game - I couldn't get a ticket, and for European games there are no free tickets for referees. Impette 2 got one, though - this is the girl who four years ago refused to come with me to watch Eintracht, "but if they were playing Real in the Champions League I might go." Now ever since the first cup run in 2017 she's become full-on, and as one of her bessies has a season ticket and has good contacts for spares, is more likely to get into a sold-out European game than I am. She texts me from the game - oh, sorry, but [friend] knew a load of people with spares but didn't tell me. Yes, it rankles. Reminds me off the bit in Fever Pitch when Hornby has a slightly uncomfortable feeling about his GF wildly celebrating Arsenal winning the League Cup (I think) after being a fan for a year. Now, I love going to games with my daughter and I love that she's so into it, but... getting tickets for prime games ahead of me? It feels like the world order's been turned upside down, dammit!

Comment

What time is the group draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      What time is the group draw?
                                      Hate to tell you, SD, but Barnsley didn't make the cut*.

By the way, mint or orange?

* Reminds me of the time our English teacher, who was running our U15 team, asked us at training if anyone hadn't seen the team-sheet for Saturday's game. One lad put his hand up and got the response, "No sweat, kid, you're not in it."

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post

Hate to tell you, SD, but Barnsley didn't make the cut*.

By the way, mint or orange?

* Reminds me of the time our English teacher, who was running our U15 team, asked us at training if anyone hadn't seen the team-sheet for Saturday's game. One lad put his hand up and got the response, "No sweat, kid, you're not in it."
                                        Orange, obviously. Mint is an interloper.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Orange, obviously. Mint is an interloper.
                                          Sound choice. Were there any other flavours?

Comment

There was one with currants in I think?

Comment

Called 'fruit'

Comment

I remember a plain choc one, too (red wrapper)

Comment

Full list

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaco...#UK_variations

Comment

Rippled honey...!?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X