No announcement yet.

Groundsharetastic - Scottish football 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Raith fuck it away this year they might as well fold.

Comment

It's the international break, which means only one thing (apart from Scotland being shite) - it's the Caramel Tunnock's Wafer Diddy Cup!

The first tie of Round 3 has already been played, with Ireland's Waterford beating Hearts Colts 3-1 last night.

S4C has the Connah's Quay Nomads v Cove Rangers tie live, which could be a cracker as Cove are flying in League Two. Other interesting ties are Barry Ferguson's big-spending Kelty Hearts hosting Solihull Moors, and Ayr Utd heading down to Wrexham.

The final tie of round 3 (Ballymena Utd v Rangers Colts) doesn't take place until Wednesday 18 September, and I haven't a clue why.

Comment

And Arbroath get a glorious victory in Dundee...

Comment

East of Scotland League Twitter account shows League accomodating former Junior teams by adopting Junior mores -

https://twitter.com/SensiblyCentre/s...69331416899584\

Good that the SFA were kept in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            And Arbroath get a glorious victory in Dundee...
            Congratulations, tho not as glorious as Elgin’s

Comment

Great to see the Diddy Cup draw earlier this week go according to plan. The ties are scheduled for the weekend of 12-13 October and St Mirren U21s have been drawn away at Wrexham. Wrexham were due to play Chesterfield that Saturday in the National League, live on BT Sport, but looks like the Diddy Cup has now taken priority and Wrexham wave goodbye to the live TV money.

However the Wrexham and BT Sport websites still have the Chesterfield game still going ahead on the 12th October, but the BBC Sport and Chesterfield's website have the match as postponed. Nobody seems to have a clue what the hell's going on. The Diddy Cup - it's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Comment

Scottish fotball Scotlanding.
                It’s peak Scottish football again as St Johnstone boss hits back at singer in bizarre bust-up.

Comment

Caldwell's finally gone: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49743836

I'm mildly disappointed the board dismissed him in the conventional way rather than having special forces kidnap him and dump him out of a van in the middle of nowhere. But at least we're rid of him, his toxic masculinity, his cronyism, his nonsensical utterings in the press and his determination to rid Thistle of everyone who ever gave a fuck about the club.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                    Scottish fotball Scotlanding.
                    I bet amy macdonald wouldn't whine like fuck at having to travel abroad to do her job like tommy wright did when saints were in Europe a few years back

Comment

I see Caldwell is still trying to convince everyone that the squad he assembled is still capable of promotion, and that all he needed was a little more time for them all to gel. If Ian McCall, or any manager for that reason, takes the job you can guarantee he'll bin a number of these duds come the January transfer window.

Some interesting results yesterday in the Championship - it looked like Dundee Utd were going to bottle it again at home to Arbroath, but two very late goals from the one and only Lawrence Shankland, saw them stay top. I thought Utd would win all 36 games this season the way they started the campaign, but defeat in the Diddy Cup followed by a defeat at Ayr and they look as fragile as they have in previous seasons. You can see why Thistle want McCall back again, as Ayr are doing brilliantly, but Dundee look dreadful and better be careful because if they go down, they really are screwed.

Comment

Happiness at the Hearts win today was a wee bit tempered when I realised that the scorer was born when I was 34.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                          it looked like Dundee Utd were going to bottle it again at home to Arbroath, but two very late goals from the one and only Lawrence Shankland, saw them stay top.
                          And upset my friend, who said Arbroath should've had a penalty.

Comment

Looks like Rangers will be top after Celtic's surprising 2-0 defeat at Livingston. I saw the 2nd Livvy goal from Aussie Lyndon Dykes - a big punt from the Livvy keeper which the Celtic defence just watched, so Dykes just lobbed the ball over Fraser Foster. I'm sure wee Neil Lennon was very calm in the dressing room afterwards, but they might want to nail down the chairs just in case.

Motherwell continue to impress, beating a toothless St Mirren 2-0 - the Buds continuing with their "goals are overrated" philosophy. Our goals-scored tally currently stands at 3 after 8 games. Huge game in Paisley after the international break when bottom-placed St Johnstone come visiting. That game has 0-0 written all over it.

In the Championship, Dundee Utd continue to be dodgy, losing at Alloa on Friday night. Ayr Utd failed to capitalise, losing 2-0 a home to Inverness. But can Caley avoid administration, with the club reportedly losing 800k a season and asking their shareholders to all stump up more money. And at Firhill, surely it's time to bring back Gary Caldwell as Thistle lost 1-0 at home to QoS. McCall OUT!!!

The big game in League One saw Raith come from 2-0 down to get a draw at home to Falkirk. East Fife thought they were going top, but conceded late on to only draw with Stranraer. Clyde were nearing going unbeaten at home for almost a whole calendar year, so promptly lost 2-0 at home to Montrose.

And in League Two, Cove Rangers lost for the first time at Stenny, so Cowdenbeath closed the gap to 1 point as they beat Edinburgh City 1-0.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                              And at Firhill, surely it's time to bring back Gary Caldwell as Thistle lost 1-0 at home to QoS. McCall OUT!!!
                              And here I thought you were one of the good guys CYB...

Comment

Aussie Lyndon Dykes sounds like a group of Thackeray enthusiasts at Melbourne Pride

Comment

The dad of Livingston's debutant keeper today, Matija Sarkic, is Montenegro's ambassador to the EU, who previously served in the same role to the UK and Belgium.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 06-10-2019, 15:24.

Comment

Won't be making the game today Torres, seem to have been hit by fatigue that's happening occasionally post stroke.

Comment

With Scotland being shite on the international stage, this weekend we have the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Diddy Cup to rekindle our fading memories of when Scottish teams could actually win against teams from outside our borders. Stenhousmuir lead the way last night, as they beat Waterford 3-2 with the winner coming deep into injury time.

But is that where the Scottish dominance ends? Do Raith Rovers have enough in them to see off Glenavon at Starks Park? And Partick Thistle have the Killie-slayers, Connah's Quay Nomands at Firhill which will be really tough. Surely Wrexham will beat St Mirren U21s whilst Rangers U21s go to the dirty buggers, Solihull Motors, but that game doesn't get played until the 29th October.

We could have a quarter-final draw where 50% of the teams are not from Scotland. The teachers strike from the 1980s has a lot to answer for!!

Comment

Midweek round of fixtures this week and the Championship teams all played last night with the top 4 all winning. However the news earlier in the week that Dundee Utd have made a loss of £3.7million must make Utd fans very nervous. Clubs have been warned for years that the wage/turnover ratio should be no higher than 60%, but Utd's stands at 133%. And even if they do get promoted this season, this is a squad that's recently been humped 4-0 at QoS so will need a major overhaul otherwise in a year's time they'll be right back in the Championship. At what point will the rich American owner pull the plug and the Utd fans will have to clean up this mess?

Premiership fixtures tonight sees the Buds visits Celtic Park. Having lost all our away fixtures so far, I'm dreading this game. Celtic have been ruthless at home to the shitty teams, demolishing St Johnstone 7-0 and Ross County 6-0. I'll be happy if we come away with only a 5-goal defeat.

Comment

Craig Levein sacked.
                                          Ex Man U, Hearts and Hibs midfielder and now excellent BBC pundit Michael Stewart absolutely eviscerating Avril. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a trashing like that on TV before.
                                          not that he’s wrong. It was Avril who killed my Tartan Army career. If you want depressing, plodding, frightened, thoughtless, agricultural and ultimately unsuccessful football, Craig Levein is your man.
                                          However, he has a fearsome right hook on him and if I was Stewart I’d be very careful where I drank in Edinburgh.

Comment

Levein is the worst kind of contrary thrawn Fife cunt. As long as he never ends up near Starks Park again I'll be happy.

Comment

He must cost a fortune to properly fire if he's staying on as some kind of backroom ghost till next summer. Doubt his responsibilities will extend beyond heading to his fucking beloved bookies but if Budge has any sense.

Comment

Yes that sounded very strange. It must be a ‘take your money but don’t show your face’ type of deal. He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to meekly work away in the background after being the boss.

Comment

And so endeth the reign of Ray McKinnon as manager of Falkirk, in what must be one of the most hilariously disastrous appointments in the history of Scottish football. But wait, it gets better - here's the current list of favourites for the vacant position. A real who's who of shite managers:

Comment

Romanian TV news just ran a story about a bloke winning the lottery and buying Partick Thistle. I could of course look this up on the Internet but I'd rather just stick with the half version of the story. It sounds like a potential disaster but I really hope he gets to have that mascot live at his house and answer the door for him.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X