Situation Normal: League One (Div.3) 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    Big game on the 11th, though, Will you be going, GO?
    Sadly the state of my knees stops me from going to any match which involved walking...

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
      I tried to find out but no-one seems to know for sure whether there is a January recall clause.

Just before Forss joined you, he was given a four year contract which shows how highly-rated he is. Of course there is now a clamour to have him back as Brentford have only managed two goals this season that haven't been scored by Ollie Watkins. One scenario that might lead to a recall is that if Brentford are still nowhere near the play-offs by January, Watkins could be sold.
      Some panic amongst Dons supporters that Forss has dropped AFC Wimbledon from his instagram bio as they believe that means he is off back to Brentford this month, any rumours at your end?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Some panic amongst Dons supporters that Forss has dropped AFC Wimbledon from his instagram bio as they believe that means he is off back to Brentford this month, any rumours at your end?
        Don't hold me to this but I think you may be OK. We have recalled Emiliano Marcondes from his loan at Midtylland (he came on as sub at Bristol City) and Halil Dervisoglu has arrived from Sparta Rotterdam. The other positive news is that it looks like the club has decided to go for it this year and that no-one will be sold in the window.

Also there are still rumours that we are interested in your old boy Lyle Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

He got an assist for the second, and scored the fourth against Sweden u-21's The little look up before he does the cut back is quite impressive when you're moving that fast. hope it turns out well for him at lincoln, because Stephen Kenny would have no difficulty picking him for the senior team, regardless of where he is playing.
          Poor sod had to make his debut when Lincoln had gifted Sunderland 3 goals last Saturday. He had one good run where he managed to take the ball about 40 yards up the pitch, hopefully he'll get more time soon cos we need a bit of pace.

Comment

Two great home games and performances over the Christmas/New Year period, against Ipswich and Posh including a brilliant cameo from Posh striker Dembele (first action as coming on as sub, headbutting Joe Morrell, yes of course he milked it). If only we weren't so toothless away from home. The return of Jason Shackell against Sunderland should have been a blessing but he was directly responsible for one goal, and culpable along with Josh Vickers for the second. 3-0 down within 30 minutes, with Sunderland not having to put much effort in at all. In fact, they were absolute shite in second half. January transfer window is going to be interesting. Lot of movement in and out it seems. Hopefully Tyler Walker can remain at the club, though others might be interested. Strong rumours that Akinde will leave this window (hopefully for cash, as think he is out of contract in summer), so will need at least one striker in. Andrade unlikely to leave as he's injured, but that means he'll go for nowt in summer now.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post

Don't hold me to this but I think you may be OK. We have recalled Emiliano Marcondes from his loan at Midtylland (he came on as sub at Bristol City) and Halil Dervisoglu has arrived from Sparta Rotterdam. The other positive news is that it looks like the club has decided to go for it this year and that no-one will be sold in the window.

Also there are still rumours that we are interested in your old boy Lyle Taylor.
              The clubs must have a good rapport as Wimbledon have now signed centre half Mads Bech Sorensen on loan from Brentford for the rest of the season.

Comment

One of our promising Danish contingent. A big, strong lad and a good footballer. On the handful of occasions I've seen him I thought he might be lacking a bit in pace but I could be mistaken. He's just recovered from a bad injury which kept him out for several months. Centre back is just about the only position for which we have adequate cover so the loan should be mutually beneficial.

Comment

Forss does end up going back to Brentford...but because of a significant hamstring tear rather than a straight loan recall (at least that's how the club are presenting it).

Given he scored 11 goals in 18 league games and yet The Dons are only one place above the relegation places that is a massive blow for their D3 survival hopes.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-01-2020, 18:56.

Comment

The injury likely puts him out for the season, in reality.

Comment

I'd heard 8-12 weeks so as good as, though sure your information is accurate. Certainly way too long to have him stay, either way.

It leaves one fit striker with any kind of first team experience at the club and a lengthy injury list in general so what reinforcements that can be found in the next few weeks are crucial.

Comment

It's definitely very bad news, losing him.

Comment

The pitch, wind and rain for Oxford v Ipswich is something to behold. Town playing with it in the first half.

Comment

Great fun so far but the referee is talking to the managers and captains...

Comment

Play on!

Comment

Play off! Arses.

Comment

Suspended or abandoned?

Comment

Suspended, back on now after much grass pronging.

Comment

The fourth official indicates 18 additional minutes.

Comment

Goalless at half time. Ipswich the better side so far but the wind favours Oxford in the second half.

Comment

And United have started very well. Loads of pressure.

Comment

0-0 but good fun, that, and a fair result.

Comment

Superb last 20 minutes for the Imps on Tuesday giving us a thumping home win against Bolton. Think it's the first game i've watched on iFollow that we've won. Very scrappy first half, good first goal for Lincoln with excellent link up between Grant, Morrell and then Toffolo to cross for Harry Anderson. Typical goal from him coming in from the right to head home. Didn't think we kicked on after that, cos I thought Bolton were there for the taking. Think they surprised everybody by scoring right after the break, and it seemed to jolt the home team into life. Akinde came on from Hesketh, who was pretty poor and we immediately got the second. Brilliant curler from Tyler Walker from 25 yards - christ I hope he stays. Conor Coventry had a mixed game in centre mid and came off midway through the second half for Elbouzedi with Jorge Grant moving to centre mid. Think that's where Grant's future lays. Joe Morrell was highly impressive throughout and scored his first goal, before Akinde got in on the act, sweeping home after Anderson had intercepted a loose pass and Aaron Lewis came on for his league debut and immediately crossed for Big John to get his second.

Brilliant home victory again, just wish we could win the odd away game. Credit to the 800 + Bolton fans for turning up, after the first game was postponed.

Comment

Walker's goal was really well taken. It was nice to see Darcy get his first league goal for us too. A brief glimmer of light in what is becoming a very dark season.

Comment

Still top, but just ten points ahead of Lincoln City, who're twelfth. It's all very close...

Comment

An excellent set of results at the bottom for Wimbledon.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X