No announcement yet.

Situation Normal: League One (Div.3) 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrewsbury might be signing Don Love from Sunderland. I have a Bob Marley earworm.

Comment

I read earlier that Bury's remaining players have been told they're free to walk away subject to giving two weeks notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
        Finally we have a new messiah to lead us to the promised land of probably 8th or 9th place.

I've not known as popular appointment of a new Rovers manager since Ian Snodin took charge during the basket case years. Darren Moore will still have his work cut out given how many key players to last season's successful campaign have moved on, but he's certainly got the fans on his side from the off.
        Also, this west brom is going to paying a great deal more attention to rovers this season. I really hope he's a success for you, uro.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Shrewsbury might be signing Don Love from Sunderland. I have a Bob Marley earworm.
          Would have been even better if Joe Hart was still there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Would have been even better if Joe Hart was still there as well.
            Aw mate. That would be awesome.

Comment

Bury docked 12 points as they announce a CVA. They can appeal.
              Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 19-07-2019, 06:23.

Comment

We've been looking at the Ipswich squad as the shirt numbers have just been confirmed. It's really not looking very strong at all, with defence in particular being a problem. Certainly don't think the rest of League One has much to fear.

Comment

In lower division terms it's still a bit too early to judge a squad's strength. A lot of business gets done right before the transfer window closes (is that at the start of the season now?), partly because it helps if you don't pay player's wages all the way through pre-season.

Comment

Our game at Portsmouth, already brought forward to half-twelve, has now been postponed. Apparently the local polis can't deal with the huge crowds of expected Millers and some sort of festival going on at the same time. This should've been sorted out before the fixtures were drawn up.

Comment

If Bury don't appeal successfully, that will be two teams starting on minus twelve points. Any news on whether Bolton are getting further penalties?

Comment

Has a team ever successfully appealed against an FL points deduction?

Comment

Didn't Leeds get one reduced?

Comment

According to wiki (the link to the actual article in the Times seems broken) Leeds had their points deduction increased for not exiting admin via a CVA. There doesn't appear to be any club who've had the points decreased only the other way.

I think Leeds tried to garner the system by entering admin and taking the points deduction knowing they were pretty much going to get relegated anyway so got a successive penalty the following year.
                            Last edited by Greenlander; 19-07-2019, 13:01. Reason: More info on Leeds

Comment

They also effectively wiped it out by winning their first five matches of the season

Comment

Spurs had their 12 point deduction for financial irregularities revoked in the 94/95 season. They were also allowed back into the FA Cup having initially been banned.

Swindon were also relegated to division 3 in 1990 also had their relegation revoked - instead being stopped from going into Division One having won the playoffs.

Those, I'm assuming, were FA sanctions though and not FL ones.

Comment

Gutted that two of Ipswich's nearest away trips to me (living in Leicestershire) Burton and Peterborough are both in August when I'll be at the Edinburgh Festival.

Arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    Bury docked 12 points as they announce a CVA. They can appeal.
                                    David Conn's tweet earlier today:

"EFL has given Bury FC owner Steve Dale (bought the club for £1) and the administrators of Bolton Wanderers until 5pm today to provide proof the clubs are viable, or they’re likely to be barred from starting the season. Awful mess."

Comment

We are less than a week away from the start of the season.

Imagine losing 2 clubs in 1 go.

Comment

The Italian lower divisions laugh at your concern

Comment

Following continued and comprehensive discussions with the ownership at Bury and other interested parties throughout Monday, the EFL Board is not satisfied it has received the necessary evidence in regard to the outstanding information it requires that demonstrates how the Club will be funded moving forwards.

As a result of not meeting Monday’s 5pm deadline, which had been extended on two previous occasions, the EFL Board feels it has been placed in an unenviable position and, regrettably, has opted to take the reluctant decision to suspend Saturday’s opening day fixture with MK Dons under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

In addition, the EFL Board, if not in possession of the necessary evidence by 12pm on Friday 2 August 2019, will make a determination as to whether to suspend Bury’s away fixture at Accrington Stanley on Saturday 10 August 2019.

As has been the case throughout this entire process, the EFL will continue to offer its full assistance to the ownership at Bury, but remains clear that while the League is here to support the Club through some extremely complex and complicated issues, the outstanding matters can only be resolved with the cooperation from the Club itself.
                                          Further to the EFL’s statement issued earlier on Monday 29 July 2019, the following updates can be provided:

Comment

Utterly useless wankers, who can't even use the right words in their shitty press releases.

"the EFL Board was appraised of the position". No it wasn't, that doesn't make any bloody sense.

Comment

Bury have had their opening game suspended. Their second game might be suspended as well.

Bolton allowed to play on Saturday pending completion of paperwork.

all here: https://www.efl.com/news/2019/july/e...s-and-bury-fc2

Comment

Oh right. This thread had been updated.

Looks like Bury have had it.

Comment

I'm confused by this. I thought clubs had to demonstrate viability prior to the AGM to maintain their league place. Or have the FL waived that because Bolton and Bury were not ready? If so, more fool them.

Comment

I don't know if that's the case any more.

I read that Bury were given 3 deadlines and missed them all. Bolton were able to sort of meet yesterday's deadline.

There's a lot of anger on Twitter directed at the EFL for all this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X