Situation Normal: League One (Div.3) 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Situation Normal: League One (Div.3) 2019-20

Thought we could kick this thread off with the news today that Coventry will be able to play next season. It just won't be in Coventry; they are going to squat at St Andrews after not being able to reach an agreement to play at the Ricoh with its owners, Wasps.

What a healthy division this is shaping up to be. Bolton [edit - and Bury, apols Giggler] are on their knees, Blackpool are still reeling from being owned by Oyston - though hopefully that chapter can be closed soon. And Gillingham have appointed Steve Evans.

It's quite north-west heavy this season, so the southern sides (as well as Sunderland of course) are going to be clocking up the miles:

Last edited by Kevin S; 31-07-2019, 12:58.

Hoping to get to a good few Town games with the family again this season now the children are getting a bit older. Franchise would also be a decent away match from where we are.

The boy is positive but not over-optimistic about the season ahead. He sees Ipswich finishing somewhere between 10th and 5th but doesn't reckon they'll go up automatically. I think he also likes the idea that there's another chance to get to Wembley via the bastardised Trophy.

Comment

Are Coventry's travel stats taken from Coventry or Birmingham?

Comment

Ah, now I think that would be Coventry so will be wrong, since the tweet I took it from was a couple of weeks back. I'll ask the chap if he can do an update.
        Last edited by Kevin S; 07-06-2019, 13:22.

Comment

Well, I would argue that it should be from Coventry, but that it should also include their travel to Brum for "home" matches.

Comment

I just pray that I can get a season ticket (why didn't I get one for last season?). Vital for getting tickets to away games as much as for home ones, but I understand there has been a 75% renewal rate, with I think two weeks remaining before any spares go on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Hoping to get to a good few Town games with the family again this season now the children are getting a bit older. Franchise would also be a decent away match from where we are.

The boy is positive but not over-optimistic about the season ahead. He sees Ipswich finishing somewhere between 10th and 5th but doesn't reckon they'll go up automatically. I think he also likes the idea that there's another chance to get to Wembley via the bastardised Trophy.
              My enthusiasm for Ipswich Town is returning and I am also anticipating getting to some games for the first time in a while. My children have zero interest in football, sadly, so I'll be going on my own, just like the old days. I tend to agree with your son's forecast, Kev. Around about 8th and challenging for the play-offs is my guess.

Comment

Sunderland can't fuck this up two seasons in a row, can they?

Comment

I think I'm going to try and do Sunderland away as my ground to tick off this season - my brother has said we should aim for a weekend in the frozen north. Otherwise Bristol Rovers away is my closest Salop game. I know we will probably be Bedford way again in February so if the fixture lists throw up Oxford or even Franchise around that time I might combine it. Obviously if it's the latter I won't mention it on here.

In terms of home games, Ipswich are the only visiting team I have an interest in seeing.

Comment

I presume you mean the division will be north-west heavy, Kevin?

Comment

I swear this thread gets earlier every year.

We haven't even started pre-season training yet. Salop are back on 20th June.

Comment

I did think it was far too early a start myself. I don't really want to think about club football until August at the very earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          I presume you mean the division will be north-west heavy, Kevin?
                          Balls. Yes. Will correct.

Re: the timing - pretty much exactly the same as last year; the three EFL division threads appear to have all started on 6 June 2018.

Comment

This is going to be the first season when I have no Rotherham connection. I'm really not sure how I'm going to deal with it.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, GO?

Comment

I hope I’ll be commenting on this thread come August.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  I'm not sure what you mean, GO?
                                  The family home is being sold, so I'll no longer have a base in the town. My sisters and brother are off to join my other brother in Penrith.

Comment

Fourth? That's the highest we've been in a table for about 20 years.

Comment

I've never been less enthusiastic about a new season than I am this time. In fact I feel quite sick about it. Steve Lovell did brilliantly with the resources available to him, but the noises from the top always made it clear he was on probation for his whole tenure. It didn't help that despite the overall good form he couldn't buy a decent performance at home. The threat of Evans had been hanging over us for months and now it's finally come to pass.

A surprising number of people - even ones who I like - have quickly accepted it it, either in a "well, if that's what it takes" kind of way, or in the expectation of exciting times ahead, and that's depressed me even more. I'm buggered if I'm going to boycott the club or stop wanting them to win because of this, but it's not going to be any fun at all. I'm hoping there's some way we can do well in spite of Evans and he somehow buggers off. A lot of people say it won't take five minutes for Evans to fall out with Scally, but going on past form he's just the kind of spiv he'd get on with and I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow ended up on the board.

Comment

I see Norwood has signed for Ipswich on a 3 year deal.

Comment

Yes, sounds like it had been agreed for some time. While it might be unfair to expect too much from a 28-year-old striker who, before the season just gone, had played only four games in the Football League, Tranmere fans are full of praise for how he has improved year on year and you can't argue with 32 goals. Definitely worth a punt.

Comment

We needed a new thread.

As Hot Orange has pointed out, fixtures are out today.

Rovers start with Gillingham at home, the most League One of all League One fixtures.

Comment

Fixtures out today. Annoyed that both Portsmouth games are pencilled in for Tuesday nights, and away trip to Stadium of Light might be affected by FA Cup 3rd Round and the fact I won't have any money in the new year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                                              We needed a new thread.

As Hot Orange has pointed out, fixtures are out today.

Rovers start with Gillingham at home, the most League One of all League One fixtures.
                                              Apologies, the new thread was created whilst I was away watching Wales being awful so I missed it.

Comment

Bolton Wanderers are only 12-1 to get promoted. Which considering they will start on -12 points and currently have eight players on their books seem remarkably stingy odds.

Comment

Working...
                                                X