Need a football trivia quiz question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a football trivia quiz question

In the pub after 5-a-side of a Thursday, we have taken to setting each other football trivia questions - otherwise we may end up talking about our feelings or something - and I think I need one for tonight.

I do have one but can't find the answer - who were the last two actual Champions to contest a Champions League Final. Can't find the answer but it might be easier, more obvious or recent than I realise.

Just to get you in the mood for other suggestions, so far we have had the names of all the Premier League Golden Boot winners (I know, I know)

Name all the Champions League era winners (I know, I know, I think they are purposefully trolling me).

Which is the only nation to have won the World Cup the once?

Which team is the only British team to have 'J' in the name? (That was my last reserve question)

Jarrow FC?

Comment

The penultimate one doesn't work because England and Spain have each only won one World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

Which team is the only British team to have 'J' in the name? (That was my last reserve question)
        St Johnstone.

Comment

Use the one from the other thread about which two of Liverpool's CL winners the other night were unused subs, and had also previously won the CL as unused subs at other clubs (Sturridge at Chelsea, Shaqiri at Bayern).

Comment

England have been capped (at full, Men's) players from eight different national leagues (at the time they were capped, not before or after), name each league and a player from that league.

England is one, and e.g. Premier League/Football League counts as one, so name the seven others.

Comment

Q 2 of 2 - name the player who has played alongside (in competitive games only):

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Ashley Young, Patrick Vieira, Sol Campbell, Aaron Ramsey, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and Mo Salah.

Comment

Scotland-Butcher, Italy- Platt, France-Waddle,Germany-Keegan, Spain-Owen, USA-Beckham, Japan-Lineker?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Scotland-Butcher, Italy- Platt, France-Waddle,Germany-Keegan, Spain-Owen, USA-Beckham, Japan-Lineker?
                  First six correct, but not Japan (ed - doesn't mean that Lineker is the missing answer either)..

Comment

Ask them to name all 12 teams who will kick off in the Welsh Premier League in August 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

First six correct, but not Japan (ed - doesn't mean that Lineker is the missing answer either)..
                      Is it something random like a player went to Turkey and was still in the England set up?

Comment

England have been capped (at full, Men's) players from eight different national leagues (at the time they were capped, not before or after), name each league and a player from that league.

England is one, and e.g. Premier League/Football League counts as one, so name the seven others.
                        That is a good one. Trevor Steven and David Beckham get you five between them (Scotland and France, and Spain, USA and Italy), and you can have, oh, Owen Hargreaves for Germany. But I'm stumped on number 7. Did we give Lineker a cap after he went off to Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Is it something random like a player went to Turkey and was still in the England set up?
                          That player being....?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                            Did we give Lineker a cap after he went off to Japan?
                            No, and Patrick is halfway there.

Comment

Q 2 of 2 - name the player who has played alongside (in competitive games only):

David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Ashley Young, Patrick Vieira, Sol Campbell, Aaron Ramsey, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and Mo Salah.
                              It's got to be one of the 2012 Team GB Olympic squad... Micah Richards? I'm hoping he played with Salah at Fiorentina.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

It's got to be one of the 2012 Team GB Olympic squad... Micah Richards? I'm hoping he played with Salah at Fiorentina.
                                Yep (to all three).

Comment

That player being....?
                                  Well, not Kevin Campbell, Darius Vassell or Dalian Atkinson because I just googled them...

Comment

No way! BARRY VENISON?

Comment

How many can you get for my question, WFD?

Comment

How many can you get for my question, WFD?
                                        Sorry, wandered off. Just one player. Edit sorry answered the wrong question - wouldn't get far without starting to embarrass myself anyway.

Comment

Sorry, wandered off. Just one player.
                                          I think it's Barry Venison. (I posted it a few minutes ago). I meant for the question I asked.

Comment

No way! BARRY VENISON?
                                            No, both his caps came before he moved.

Comment

Damn it. Thought I had it.

Comment

Cheated and got it. Scott Carson.

Comment

No, both his caps came before he moved.
                                                  Scott Carson.

I cheated. But I had to know.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X