X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    "Tree-hugging luvvies", we are, according to the letters page. Yeah, that's a fair call.
    Metrosexual self-congratulatory wankers*, surely?

* Something like that. I can't remember R♡d L♧ddl◇'s actual words.

Nor would I want to.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I've just read that Colwyn Bay article. Jesus, what a reaction.

I mean I get the emotional wrench and what have you but bloody hell.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I liked the bit on Kiddermiinsiter as well. I thought they were in the Football League for longer than 5 years.
    Same here. Also I had the same view as dm on Colwyn Bay. I probably don't follow these things as closely as I used to.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post
    According to the League 2 review, Lincoln's goalkeeper was Bury's Joe Murphy. Another terrific coup by the Cowleys.
    According to the League One review Shrewsbury are utterly un-newsworthy. I guess they had their season in the sun.

The Notts County season review piece was quite good, if sad. Their chairman is nuts.

I liked the bit on Kiddermiinsiter as well. I thought they were in the Football League for longer than 5 years. They were Shrewsbury's "Severn Valley Rivals" with a steam train special from Bridgnorth for Town fans on match days. I wish I'd gone on that now because I don't think the opportunity will come round again for a long time.

Not read the Colwyn Bay piece yet.

Leave a comment:

• Nesta
    replied
    Their golden era lol

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Yes, it was. I saw they'd moved and thought 'oh cool, they might do well in Welsh league' and by the end of the article I was just 'shit'. Really sad.

I know pointing out typos is a bit churlish, but I did smile at the thought of how lonely Notts County must have been for the first 26 years of their 157 in the Football League.

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Really good piece on Colwyn Bay. I had no idea that the move to Welsh League football was so unpopular with their fans. Curiously my now local team, Kendal Town, were the beneficiaries of a relegation reprieve brought about by Colwyn Bay absconding.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    According to the League 2 review, Lincoln's goalkeeper was Bury's Joe Murphy. Another terrific coup by the Cowleys.

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    Wot, no book reviews?

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Brechin are hedge-hugging at Glebe Park

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Don't be daft, he obviously means Brechin.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Stoke? Birmingham? Manchester? Coventry? Leicester? Lincoln? Bristol? Cardiff? Exeter? Norwich? Bradford? Hull? Swansea?
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-06-2019, 15:58.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    "Working" from home are we?

Leave a comment:

• This month's WSC with City on the cover

"Tree-hugging luvvies", we are, according to the letters page. Yeah, that's a fair call.
Working...
X