This month's WSC with City on the cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This month's WSC with City on the cover

"Tree-hugging luvvies", we are, according to the letters page. Yeah, that's a fair call.

"Working" from home are we?

Comment

Stoke? Birmingham? Manchester? Coventry? Leicester? Lincoln? Bristol? Cardiff? Exeter? Norwich? Bradford? Hull? Swansea?
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-06-2019, 15:58.

Comment

Don't be daft, he obviously means Brechin.

Comment

Brechin are hedge-hugging at Glebe Park

Comment

Wot, no book reviews?

Comment

According to the League 2 review, Lincoln's goalkeeper was Bury's Joe Murphy. Another terrific coup by the Cowleys.

Comment

Really good piece on Colwyn Bay. I had no idea that the move to Welsh League football was so unpopular with their fans. Curiously my now local team, Kendal Town, were the beneficiaries of a relegation reprieve brought about by Colwyn Bay absconding.

Comment

Yes, it was. I saw they'd moved and thought 'oh cool, they might do well in Welsh league' and by the end of the article I was just 'shit'. Really sad.

I know pointing out typos is a bit churlish, but I did smile at the thought of how lonely Notts County must have been for the first 26 years of their 157 in the Football League.

Comment

Their golden era lol

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                      According to the League 2 review, Lincoln's goalkeeper was Bury's Joe Murphy. Another terrific coup by the Cowleys.
                      According to the League One review Shrewsbury are utterly un-newsworthy. I guess they had their season in the sun.

The Notts County season review piece was quite good, if sad. Their chairman is nuts.

I liked the bit on Kiddermiinsiter as well. I thought they were in the Football League for longer than 5 years. They were Shrewsbury's "Severn Valley Rivals" with a steam train special from Bridgnorth for Town fans on match days. I wish I'd gone on that now because I don't think the opportunity will come round again for a long time.

Not read the Colwyn Bay piece yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                        I liked the bit on Kiddermiinsiter as well. I thought they were in the Football League for longer than 5 years.
                        Same here. Also I had the same view as dm on Colwyn Bay. I probably don't follow these things as closely as I used to.

Comment

I've just read that Colwyn Bay article. Jesus, what a reaction.

I mean I get the emotional wrench and what have you but bloody hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                            "Tree-hugging luvvies", we are, according to the letters page. Yeah, that's a fair call.
                            Metrosexual self-congratulatory wankers*, surely?

* Something like that. I can't remember R♡d L♧ddl◇'s actual words.

Nor would I want to.

Comment

Working...
                            X