Jose Antonio Reyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jose Antonio Reyes

Sevilla have announced he has died in a traffic accident, aged 35.

No further details as yet, terrible news.

Just heard this. As you say, terrible news.

Comment

Shocking news.

RIP.

Comment

Oh God that's awful news.

Comment

Terrible news. Three kids as well.

Comment

That’s awful news. RIP.

Comment

Ah, tragic news. Did he play in the 2006 final? UEFA might do something before tonight's final if so.

Comment

Minute's silence planned.

Comment

Only 35...shit that's sad. Saw him play a couple of times for Arsenal. A joy to watch...RIP

Comment

That's so sad to hear, he scored the winner to win the title for Madrid under Capello, winning me a large accumulator in the process so I always had affection for him.

Comment

364 days older than me - very sad news indeed.

Comment

RIP. He was a fine player indeed.

Comment

Saw him play for a season at Benfica. He was a good player in a god awful team managed by Quique Sanches Flores.

I always thought he struggled as a result of the general move in football to 4-3-3 and flying wingbacks. Reyes liked to pick up the ball really deep and run directly and use his pace. But Benfica had a great left back at the time, the Brazilian Leo, who would also do that and they got in each others way a lot. A good manager would have dealt with that, but Quique was not a good manager.

If he'd have been born 10 years later, I imagine he would have played his whole career as a wingback, but the game changed when he was maturing and he didn't, why his influence declined after such a promising start.

Comment

He struggled badly with homesickness at Arsenal, having looked really good in his first few games. He was only 20 when he made the move, and I get the feeling clubs are now a little bit more aware of their young players' emotional wellbeing than they were then.
                            Also struggled with having Man United players kick the living shit out of him in the 49 game unbeaten record ending game. At Ferguson's explicit instruction.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                              He struggled badly with homesickness at Arsenal, having looked really good in his first few games. He was only 20 when he made the move, and I get the feeling clubs are now a little bit more aware of their young players' emotional wellbeing than they were then.
                              Also struggled with having Man United players kick the living shit out of him in the 49 game unbeaten record ending game. At Ferguson's explicit instruction.
                              Mike Riley seems to have been in on it, too.

RIP Jose Antonio

Comment

Christ, there was some terrible officiating there.

I'm sure I've heard Gary Neville brag about the clog Reyes strategy that day

Comment

He was reportedly doing something between 120 and 149 mph when he crashed.

Comment

Better to wait for an official report.

Comment

The Spanish police have said they know for sure it was doing over 220 kmph. And that Reyes was the person driving. His passenger also died in the crash, if I remember right.

Comment

All confirmed by the Guardia Civil in this BBC report

Comment

Fair enough. The Guardia Civil also states that the speeding has not yet been shown to be the "only and final" cause of the crash.

Comment

Working...
                                          X